It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Places YOU can`t go in the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hello all

There`s been a numerous TOP 10 threads on here on ATS, just thought to add 1 more- Top 10 Places YOU can`t go in the world.

10. Mezhgorye
Mezhgorye is a closed town in Russia which is believed to house people working on the highly secret Mount Yamantaw. The town was founded in 1979. Mount Yamantaw stands at 1,640 metres (5,381 ft) and is the highest mountain in the southern Urals. Along with Kosvinsky Mountain (600 km to the north), it is suspected by the United States of being a large secret nuclear facility and/or bunker.

9. Vatican Secret Archives
You can view any document you wish. But you cannot enter the archive. You must submit your request for a document and it will be supplied to you. Despite the foolishness of the recent junk from Ron Howard and Dan Brown (Angels and Demons) the documents are all available and there are no copies of suppressed scientific theories or great works that were banned.

8. Club 33
Contrary to popular belief, Disneyland has a full liquor license which is used when the place closes down to the general public to accommodate private parties. But there is one place in Disneyland that is always open to sell booze: Club 33. Club 33 is a private club located in the heart of the New Orleans Square section of Disneyland.

7. Moscow Metro-2
Metro-2 in Moscow, Russia is a purported secret underground metro system which parallels the public Moscow Metro. The system was built supposedly during (or from) the time of Stalin and codenamed D-6 by the KGB. Russian journalists have reported that the existence of Metro-2 is neither confirmed nor denied by the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB) or the Moscow Metro administration.

6. White’s Gentlemen’s Club
White’s is the most exclusive English gentlemen’s club. It was founded in 1693 by Italian Francesco Bianco (Francis White) to sell the newly discovered hot chocolate but eventually became a typical (but extremely private) gentlemen’s club. The club is famous for its “betting book” in which members make bizarre gambles

5. Area 51
Area 51 is a nickname for a military base that is located in the southern portion of Nevada in the western United States, 83 miles (133 km) north-northwest of downtown Las Vegas. Situated at its center, on the southern shore of Groom Lake, is a large secretive military airfield. The base’s primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems.

4. Room 39
Room 39 or Bureau 39 is arguably one of the most secretive organizations in North Korea that seeks ways to obtain foreign currency for Kim Jong-il, North Korea’s Chairman of the National Defense Commission. Room 39 was established in the late 1970s. It has been described as the lynchpin of the North’s so-called “court economy” centered on the dynastic Kim family. It is unknown how the name originated

3. Ise Grand Shrine
The Ise Grand Shrine in Japan (which is actually a series of over 100 shrines) is the most sacred shrine in Japan. It is dedicated to Amaterasu (the Sun goddess) and has been in existence since 4BC. The main shrine is alleged to hold the most important item in Japan’s imperial history: the Naikū (the mirror from Japanese mythology which eventually ended up in the hands of the first emperors)

2. Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center
This is a place that is not only closed to the public, but it is a place that the public hope to never have to enter! In most “end of the world” films we see these days, there is always a highly classified area where US government officials and a chosen few get to go in the hopes that they can escape the impending doom.

1. RAF Menwith Hill
RAF Menwith Hill is a British military base with connections to the global ECHELON spy network. The site contains an extensive satellite ground station and is a communications intercept and missile warning site and has been described as the largest electronic monitoring station in the world.

Read More

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

[edit on Fri Jan 8 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hehe, I love this post, it's great!

These are places we can't go.
But how much do you wish you COULD go to some of them...

I choose...
Area 51, Club 33 (just coz that'd be funny), The Vatican Archives, the Ise Grand Shrine andddd RAF Menwith Hill!

Ahh, we can but dream.

S&F

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh yeah, plus...
I can't go to Mecca...
I can't get into the Mormon Temple here in Salt Lake City (they say they let publics in when they take up the carpet and de-sacredize the joint for periodic maintenance) but even then I couldn't get into the secret sacred tunnels (four I know about...bet there's more) running underneath from it...
I can't get into the Skull and Bones clubhouse, nor land on their mystery island in the St. Laurence River...can't get into Bohemian Grove...
(why, there's millions of things I ain't allowed into)...

Plus, this reminds me of when I was living right next to the Flamingo Hilton in Vegas, and I was always trying to hustle/acquaint my way into Bugsy Siegel's remnant network of tunnels/mirrors/hidden doors etc., in the one building, called the Oregon Building, of that hotel...but I never did swing it...(should have tried a big bribe, instead of personal charm, maybe)...and then they tore that building down, for a tower with more rooms - So that one will completely never happen, ah well...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos

9. Vatican Secret Archives
You can view any document you wish. But you cannot enter the archive. You must submit your request for a document and it will be supplied to you. Despite the foolishness of the recent junk from Ron Howard and Dan Brown (Angels and Demons) the documents are all available and there are no copies of suppressed scientific theories or great works that were banned.

ok its called the secret archives how the hell do they know if secret works arent being hidden, seems pretty stupid for anyone to say that!!

its like saying there are no secret societies in the world because there is no proof of them,

ya no # BECAUSE THEY ARE SECRET!!!! some people cant get # through their heads seriously!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Mount Yamantaw sound exactly like a russian area 51. It hold 2 garrisons. The cover story say it's a mine.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

Mount Yamantaw is near one of Russia's last remaining nuclear labs, Chelyabinsk-70, raising speculation that it already houses nuclear weapons. Russian newspapers reported in 1996 that it is a part of the "Dead Hand" nuclear retaliatory command structure.

On a visit to Russia, former U.S. Congressman Curt Weldon (R-PA), who had been following the story since 1995, asked about the mountain. "I went to Moscow and spoke with the deputy interior minister who was in charge of mining," Weldon said. "I asked him if there was any mining activity there. He just shook his head and said he had never heard of it. So I mentioned the other name the Russians use for it: Mezhgorye. He said he hadn't heard of that either. Then he sent an aide out to check. Twenty minutes later, the aide came back, visibly shaken. He said they couldn't say anything about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Great post! There a others I'd like to add as well, though:

1)HAARP Facility
2)CERN reactor
3)Lascaux caves in France.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
On a partially related note about Area 51:

My dad was in the Air Force for 21 years. He's been all over, as you can imagine. He was offered a job at Area 51 and after doing doing extensive background checks on him and his family, he was denied access because of something his dad did years prior. A dad he'd rarely ever been associated with. So, I can only imagine the classified material in the area.

I also know a kid who is banned from the Vatican because he tripped and broke a vase. Yikes.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Vatican Secret Archives being made publicly available upon request is a recent development. The Vatican hasn't always embraced such a policy (thus the name "Secret") but only has done such in the past few years under fierce pressure and criticism (probably more recently than Dan Brown's book actually was written).

However, not to say that Dan Brown is right, but we *ARE* taking the Vatican's Word at face value when they say that *ALL* their holdings are publicly available upon request. I'm all for the Honor System, but considering the Vatican's previous 1600 years of ultra-secrecy cover-ups and lies, they aren't exactly the Poster Child for Honesty & Honor. Just saying...

There are a couple of holdings I know they have, but it would be interesting to see if they would honor a request to view them.

Part of the reason why the Vatican opened their Secret Archives is because they were already freely available at the Bibliotheque L'Armorie in Paris. When Napoleon conquered Rome, he brought back to the Paris the Vatican Secret Archives as spoils of war. Although the Archives were returned to the Vatican as reparations after WWII, the entire holdings had already been copied. By the time the late 1990's came around, the Bibliotheque L'Armorie had published an Index of their holdings. If the Vatican denied access to a material, all one had to do is request the copy from the Bibliotheque L'Armorie. They pretty much didn't have a choice at that point.

EDIT: My knowledge of such matters is rusty and I'm apparently getting two different stories confused and mixed together. Doh! After Napoleon's administration, the corpus of the Archivio Segreto Vaticano was returned to the Vatican in 1817, not post-WW2. However, not all of it was returned, and thousands were continued to be held in Paris (and even more were damaged or lost on their return trip to the Vatican). However, hand-written copies and catalogs of the entirety of the Archivio Segreto Vaticano do exist at the L'Arsenal and L'Archives Nationale.

Also, it wasn't just recently that the Archivio Segreto Vaticano were made public. On January 1, 1881, Pope Leo XIII (1878-1903) opened the Archivio Segreto Vaticano to research use, to authorized and approved applicants. Although they were not generally made available until recently.

Also, the The Archive of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, formerly known as the Holy Office of the Inquisition, is still *NOT* open for consultation, nor available to either researchers or the public. Those @40k of missing scroll fragments from Qumran that Prof. Milik refused to hand over after UNESCO got involved, are most likely kept there, as Prof. Milik was a high-ranking member of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by fraterormus]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The secret, subterranean chamber under the Sphinx

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Thank you very much for your insightful post

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos

6. White’s Gentlemen’s Club

I totally misread this one initially. I was thinking along the lines of the old Augusta National Golf Club pre-Tiger Woods/VeeJay Singh.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You forgot about Chernobyl in Ukraine, the guys in the Sci-Fi series got lucky and went through all 3 check points.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The vatican secret archives open policy is complete bull.They say it's open but only if you know the document you want, obviously they don't want people too see what's really in there, besides what they want the people to know.

Excellent thread though, I was fairly ignorant on some of these places and am now researching them in more details thanks to you. The grand shrine would be my number one.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
You forgot about Chernobyl in Ukraine, the guys in the Sci-Fi series got lucky and went through all 3 check points.

The Independent report

The link is a UK report on how people have started to return to the city of Chernob

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Club 33, lol. It's not that big of a deal, trust me. And you can go there IF you want to wait over 10yrs for the membership and have the ten grand or so to start and three thousand in annual dues. My grandparents were members, eventually even wealthy realize its a lot to pay to have a drink with dinner
Mostly businesses buy the membership to impress potential clients, yippee!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I read this list a couple days ago. Its origionally from listverse. Ive only got like 3 different websites on my favorites on my computer and listverse is one of them. And ATS of course.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a buddy of mine worked for a company that had a big party one year at club 33

he said it was freaking nice but yeah its like for the CoE's and BIG BAllAs

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Isn't there some secret place in the grand canyon? I have heard about Egyptian looking hieroglyphic writing on some cave walls there. Anyone else heard of it?

Pinky

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How about geting into the secret underground shadow city built under the denver airport. Or, the secret levels within los alamos labs. Or, gaining access to the NSA mainframe computer. Or, gaining access to Bill gates Private seed bank. Or, geting access to Jeckel island. Or, Mt. Washington presidental fallout bunker. Thats only a few places normal citizens will never get to see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join