It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Idiot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The title says it all......the video is 11 minutes long, so those with an attention span that can't handle that, click out now..

This is a great video capturing the essence of how the dumbed-down clueless idiots known as the American sheeple have no idea what is truly going on or could care less as they sit on their sofas stuffing cheeze doodles in their pie holes...

It's time to wake up!

EDIT: to fix link

[edit on 6-1-2010 by rainfall]

[edit on 6-1-2010 by rainfall]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

As much as i would love to agree with you, i can't see the video.

The link on it didn't work either.

I agree that the people are being dumbed down though.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Dumb is global, the globally dumb, stop singling out Americans,

please

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, you can find these idiots everywhere, not just United States (for I assume that was what you meant).

People are not dumbed down, they are doing the favour for themselves. Today, more than ever, there is great amount of knowledge and information available to the people - but in the same time, there are awfully lots of pure entertainment, rubbish and mumbojumbo available. It is your individual choice, what will you choose?

-v

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Dumb may be global .. But THE USA wins the prize ..

It has more dumb per capita than any other 1st world nation ..

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Doesn't the term 'american' refer to brazilians as well as the canadians?

-v

[edit on 6-1-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Okay the video is working now.

Its a shame that human beings can't be equals in knowledge.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

Now how are you going to prove that comment?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Doesn't the term 'american' refer to brazilians as well as the canadians?

-v

[edit on 6-1-2010 by v01i0]

Yup,

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

But THE USA wins the prize ..

It has more dumb per capita than any other 1st world nation

I wasn't aware that statisticians kept track of things like that.

I remember, right after the German elections, a TV host did a "Jay-walking" type thing on his show. The Germans seemed dumber than the Americans on Leno's show. Should one really judge a whole people group based on an 11 minuted video/piece, which can be edited, by the way, to take all the "smart" people out?

I'm going to say, probably not.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Im an American. Im not dumb. WTF is your point. People are dumb all over. Just beacuse your life sucks dosent mean that you have to blame Americans does it? I just love being hated on because i was born in a different place than you. Instead if promoting ignorance, why dont you try denying it for a change?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Obviously you have some sort of hatred for Americans. Maybe you need counceling. OR maybe you really are better than everyone else on this rock we call home.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Is it ironic that the opening line from the video displays the idiocy of the filmmaker? And the line appears in different forms later:

"When _____ happened I expected the American people to RISE UP. But they didn't"

This is a tired recurrent theme. People don't do/say/think what YOU do or what you want them to; therefore, they're all stupid/ignorant/foolish. This is a common tactic from everyone from 911 conspiracists through partisan politics.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Only because we have so many dumb liberals in this country who think a government that has or is in the process of Bankrupting social security, Medicare, the same government that has spent billions of dollars on TARP and the American Recovery Act which hasn’t helped anything. The same government that has the post office running in the negative and has hired more employees then the private sector. The same government that just raised the debt ceiling and won’t be payed off in 7 Generations (if at all), The same government that invaded one country because of an attack on 9-11(who I might add still hasn’t been caught) then turns around to invade another on the grounds they have WMDs (which they can’t find)…
wants them to run their Health Care. Yep those idiots right there, Your right we are a bunch of Idiots.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Is it ironic that the opening line from the video displays the idiocy of the filmmaker? And the line appears in different forms later:

"When _____ happened I expected the American people to RISE UP. But they didn't"

This is a tired recurrent theme. People don't do/say/think what YOU do or what you want them to; therefore, they're all stupid/ignorant/foolish. This is a common tactic from everyone from 911 conspiracists through partisan politics.

Ya , The filmmaker is the idiot....

That's all you got from this ...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

So are you trying to say ALL Americans are dumb OR just the greedy politicians? Hopefully the latter.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Ya , The filmmaker is the idiot....

That's all you got from this ...

Essentially that's the truth. Things didn't go his way, so he hand-picks some genuine idiots as a summary of American intelligence. Then cuts to someone making clever points, then cuts to a fat man swilling beer. This is a weak hatchet job created by a pouting narcissist.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

So the Iraq invasion , the mass arrest, events in Pitt,

These and the other events in the film was CGI

watch out Jim Cameron

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Just because my government is stupid that somehow makes me stupid? I guess you agree with everything that your government does. Maybe you are the idiot.

MessOnTheFED!

P.S. Is Jim Cameron James Cameron's cousin or something? Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

A combination of both and here is why the 2008 elections saw congress with an approval rate of 9-10% but yet 88% of them were reseated. How does that work? We had the chance to put a man with more sense in his pinky figure (Ron Paul) in the white house yet the best we could come up with was Obama and McCain.... Figure that out. I am still Scratching my head on this one.

<<   2  3 >>

join