It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ever there is a war draft, I will humbly refuse to answer the call.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gtasa234

And the muslims don't want to control the world? Really kind of naive yeah?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Hmm... is that why military recruiters specifically target schools in poor neighborhoods? And do you really think a High School diploma means anything? There's a reason why tuition for state universities has jumped several hundreds of percent since the 70s and why America has fallen completely off the charts in terms of education against the rest of the world. It's the reason why the majority of our tech jobs and our infrastructure went overseas. America's main industry, creating soldiers and war. Look what has happened to our society since the golden age of Americana. No jobs, no opportunities, and to get either one of those you either have to go into crippling debt and pray to god a miracle happens before the bank destroys your financial life. Or pick up a rifle and be an indentured servant for four years further the horrifying aims of this corrupt government.

Finally, what is the point of an army? To murder people. Say whatever the # you like but that's what an army does.

Go look at GoArmy.com

Not a lot on there about murdering people is there? Makes it all look a cool video game and a way to start a future doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well they do but not to the extent that hitler wanted to.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
World war 2 was fought in order to save the lives of a whole race

America war now is fought for oil
and a little terrorism here and there

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

And the real reason our schools were dumbed down was? Not arguing there, but the underlying reasons are very clear, and clearly our governments, professional victims and teachers unions fault.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I know the central banking philosophy T.J. advocated. I have no idea what you may be talking about in relation to this thread. Maybe if it is not to off topic you could clarify...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Buddah I agree with you on a certain extent. As an NCO in the military at some point in time, we were encouraged to help get troops involved more with politics, the world, and everything else.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, the military itself, at the smaller levels do not want mindless drones that will pick up a gun and shoot whomever a commanding officer decides. If it is an unlawful order, you are expected to know it is and understand it is your duty to not execute said order. /Exit Perfect World

Extensive education goes into a troop in understanding basic tenets of citizenship, the UCMJ, our rights as members of the military, our duties to uphold the Constitution and also the UCMJ, etc.

I am not saying all of the military is like this, but all of it is also mindless grunts running around with M-16 itching to shoot someone...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yeah I'd go.....

Two weeks after the politicians and heads of government send their kids out to the same war.

Oh wait..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the entertainment will begin the day the draft is implemented. TPTB will then get the opportunity to find out how WE really feel about their agendas.

I have every faith in the younger persons of this world to put their goodhearted complacency to good use. The draft would be an abysmal, and hilarious, failure.

Fortunately, i dont have to answer this question. I wasted 4.5 craptastic years in the army and managed to make myself ineligible for further service through the anti-homosexual clause. Lucky for me the military has no interest in my kind.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Say whatever the # you like but that's what an army does.

I can see where comments like the above is headed.

I will leave you with your # to entertain yourself.

It is obvious that is all you have to back up everything you are saying.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by jam321

Finally, what is the point of an army? To murder people. Say whatever the # you like but that's what an army does.

Not entirely true. The military also breaks things.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Hehe, military also likes create acronyms....which by the way...acronymfinder.com is the greatest website ever invented if you ever served in the military.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Wars are also fought so the US government can hand companies like Haliburton a blank check.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That reminds me of The Night Thoreau Spent In Jail. I would much rather go to jail than injure another person, I wish this government could clearly see what it's doing, it's eyes are mysterious or clogged.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh I'm sorry, I guess the literal entirety of human history is wrong. Armies aren't for murdering people... they're for... um... you tell me? You can call it "defending the nation" or whatever... but result is same, one man kills another over whatever their country or tribe sent them there to kill them for. You're an astonishing fool if you think anything else.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My take on the so-called war on terror is that the US will never win. Why? The US has better weaponry. One might argue the US soldiers with better training or more advanced intelligence. One thing the US does not have is a population that is willing to make sacrifices to win a war.

The US and its allies won World War II because everyone in society made sacrifices to win the war. Young men from all socioeconomic backgrounds served in the military. On the home front, Rosy the Riveter went to work on the assembly line, people rationed goods, and dug victory gardens.

Today, only the poor "volunteer" for war. Rather than cutting back on the commodity that funds the enemy, people went out and consumed more oil. Radical Muslims, on the other hand, are willing to sacrifice to win their war. Rich radicals, like the kid that tried to blow up the airplane on Christmas day are willing to have their private parts blown up for the cause. Populations in Iraq and Afghanistan seem ready to hunker down for the fight.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Perhaps the term "murder" is too strong. Murder implies unjustified killing. Sometimes when armies kill people, the killing is justified as an act of self defense.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">post by Dookie Master

I would be glad to give you my perspective and what I've researched to be true.

The elite control pretty much everything human beings have in this world material wise and spiritual wise.

The manipulation is so deep most people look at the world and see it as normal.

I know wikipedia isn't a very reliable source, but i know the following link happened in our history as a race of beings.

en.wikipedia.org...

T.J. Said "I am more afraid of a Central Banking system, than a standing army, because a standing army can be defeated.

Whom ever controls the money, controls the law; And what makes the most money?

War is the answer. War goes deeper then just blowing up expensive bombs and super advanced technology just to kill people.

Those people that die are insured by the U.S. Corporate government and when those people die they collect the insurance their lives were worth, after a certain period of time of course. Approximately 6 months.

I see the military used for all the wrong reasons and find it repugnant.

I tried to edit the title, but it was being fussy so F it haha.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

-The US and its allies won World War II because everyone in society made sacrifices to win the war.

- Radical Muslims, on the other hand, are willing to sacrifice to win their war.

Isnt it strange that Muslim willing to sacrifice now instead of us?
why did we sacrafice? in the face of evil?

Funny that minutes prior to reading your post I was looking up the definition of "IRONY" to explain to my Russian Girlfriend..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Im probably going to move to another country. HA! IN YOUR FACE SOCIETY!!!

Sorry im on my 3rd Redbull 2 day.
. Please excuse my adolescent habits.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by noobsauce13]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by noobsauce13]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join