It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious spot on Archuleta Mesa, north of Dulce, New Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I had posted this item before but I still have some lingering questions about this spot so I put this in a YouTube format:

CURIOUS SPOT ON ARCHULETA MESA, NORTH OF DULCE, NEW MEXICO
www.youtube.com...

This curious spot is located on the Colorado side of the Archuleta Mesa, north of Dulce, New Mexico.
The exact location is: 37 degrees 01'05.53" N and 106 degrees 57'19.77"W, elevation 8443 ft.
I have been to Dulce several times before but never been on top of the Archuleta Mesa.
I have also seen the eastern view of the Mesa from the Colorado side but wasn't aware of this spot before, until last year.
There may be nothing unusual about this spot, but I was just curious so I posted it.
I still haven't got a definitive answer as to what this spot is, mainly because the resolution of Google Earth is not too clear.
It is my understanding that this area comes under the jurisdiction of the Utes, not the Jicarilla Apache Nation.
I am planning to fly over this area in the very near future with some of my friends in Dulce.
However, in the meantime, to the first person who could provide me with a clear, close-up ground photo of this spot I will offer a reward.

www.myspace.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

^^
There's the video

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That is very interesting
Good find, can't wait to see what you find out !

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There are several old abandoned silver mines in Colorado.

Could this be one?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
I had posted this item before but I still have some lingering questions about this spot so I put this in a YouTube format:

CURIOUS SPOT ON ARCHULETA MESA, NORTH OF DULCE, NEW MEXICO
www.youtube.com...

This curious spot is located on the Colorado side of the Archuleta Mesa, north of Dulce, New Mexico.
The exact location is: 37 degrees 01'05.53" N and 106 degrees 57'19.77"W, elevation 8443 ft.
I have been to Dulce several times before but never been on top of the Archuleta Mesa.
I have also seen the eastern view of the Mesa from the Colorado side but wasn't aware of this spot before, until last year.
There may be nothing unusual about this spot, but I was just curious so I posted it.
I still haven't got a definitive answer as to what this spot is, mainly because the resolution of Google Earth is not too clear.
It is my understanding that this area comes under the jurisdiction of the Utes, not the Jicarilla Apache Nation.
I am planning to fly over this area in the very near future with some of my friends in Dulce.
However, in the meantime, to the first person who could provide me with a clear, close-up ground photo of this spot I will offer a reward.

www.myspace.com...

It looks like a very large hole fell in. Like there is an underground facility that for some reason or another collapsed. This is something I would like to know, either this happened and the picture was taken recently (I would like to see some satellite photos of it today) or the govt. knows nothing about it and this is something that happened out of sight of the govt. and other institutions. Because if this was a secret govt. isntallation of some sort, they would have thrown a tart over the hole so fast it would have made your head spin.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Hey norio,

I live in Southern Colorado and I think a trip to that area would be great. One thing tho, there seems to be no real roads close by besides hwy 84 (seems to be pretty far away from the entrance), so it would be a hell of a hike! Also, I did my own search out of curiosity and wanted to point out to you that there is another "hole" with similar characteristics just southeast of yours.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

What is the landscape like? What I mean is, what size are the trees or shrubs that we're seeing everywhere? for scale.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Are they sure thats a hole? It could be the exact opposite. It kinda looks like a pyramid mound.
just saying..we need a pic of this up close.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Heyo, I would imagine the landscape to be somewhat like in this photo:

travel.webshots.com...

From the looks of it, Pagosa Springs is one of the closest Colorado towns to the holes. The landscape doesnt appear to change much from above on Google Earth.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
it looks like a old house that's fallen down

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Yeah, it almost looks like some form of open mine. The "beams" could be a way to access it, and transport something out? Considering it's on native land, I think this could be a good possibility.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I lived in Pagosa Springs and hunt elk and deer in the area to this day. I skiied Wolf Creek a week ago and the snow is deep, everything should be covered this time of year . There are plenty of fire roads to get anywhere, lots of public land by the mesa but you need a 4x4 and do it in the summer only, the winter is terrible hiking and the spring is muddy. Most of the land is either Ute or private so watch out, I would be more scared of the Utes than the alien underground base you think is out there. The reason to be scared is the fact that there are many thousand burial mounds in the area and they know when you are miles away so don't think you can sneak up there. I have a CDIB card, but of Chotaw blood and they dont even let me step foot on Ute land without a Ute. If you really want to go contact a local Ute indian and have him take you out, don't go alone. It is best to take a vacation out there, stay at a B&B or the Fairfied go to J&J's get the tuna app and flyfish out the back (two great holes you can find for free), there are great hot springs in town and the stinky sulfur smell wears off with a shower. Check out Chimmey Rock, its 30 minutes west, take the tour, and then ask the guide for a Ute contact. The Ute's take folks on $10,000 elk hunts so I am sure there is a price for anything, even though they will prolly laugh at you tell them what you are up to, I bet you can get someone to help if you let them know you want nothing to do with artifacts or burial mounds. All the old timers and people that really do visit the area talk about black helicopters, the locals do think something is going on they do not know about. Of all the times I have been in the area I have seen only one helicopter in coalmine canyon and found out later a group was illegally spotting elk to hunt them, that is when I decided that the helicopter stories can be written off to this big problem. If you find a place on private land be sure to talk to the owners first. I have been run off at gun point just from fishing on someone's land, they mean business out there so be careful. A group of human torturing aliens are the least of your problems to go it alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Is it me or am I the only one that can see the face to the left of the opening? Very interesting video!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Depending on what mineral they mine, there can be a pit associated with the mine. For instance, when you mine gold, you remove the gold from the ore with cyanide.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Don't think there's anything there in Dulce. If there would be an underground base where they are conducting experiments on humans, aliens, animals or whatever there would be an entrance somewhere. People living in that area would have reported buses or planes or whatever going of and on to transport employees in and out of the facility.
First of all, the whole idea of aliens testing on humans, humans testing on aliens, the 7 security levels, the level where they are testing hypnosis and such seems like BS to me. If there would be such type of experiments you wouldn't be able to hike anywhere near the mesa. I mean, in Area 51 they are only testing aircrafts and exploring UFOs through reverse engineering and if you go anywhere near the place all hell breaks loose. So could you imagine what would happen here if you would go anywhere near the mesa?? A facility of that size would leave it's marks all over the place, there would be more reports of people seeing ventilation shafts and watering system, power lines,... things like that.
Then there is the claim of the military doing some aircraft testing in the underground base at dulce. People have seen ufos flying over the mesa, traingles with lights etc... If these aircrafts are supposed to come from inside the mesa there would have to be a HUGE entrance/exit area. A flying saucer couldn't just leave the base through a small hole. Maybe these aircrafts come from another place not to far from dulce on a test flight over the mesa. If a test UFO would crash somewhere over the mesa it would be easier to cover up, so it's an ideal place to test some of these saucerers at night.
Then last but not least: the cattle mutilations in the area. At first I was drawn to the idea of a government-science base under the mesa doing some genetic testing with animals and human genes and stuff. But then there would have to be a number of scientists and rechearchers who go to work every day/week/month, and there would have to be some sort of evidence of that. Maybe the cattle in dulce IS used for genetic testing, but again maybe from outside of dulce. It's a reservation area, so whatever strange things happen in dulce, not alot of people will see it, there wouldn't be alot of reports, no explanations required...
So maybe because of dulce's location and conditions it has become the center of a testing area, but I think that the area where the aircrafts are actually examined and built and where experiments are conducted is somewhere else, and not IN Dulce or under the Mesa.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These are just small bodies of water (mud holes, basically) with tire tracks. Either that or they are small hills... with tire tracks.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by SpacePunk]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am just wondering if what you are looking at isn't a very sacred site.
the only ones who are allowed to enter is the tribal people cause of ceremonial reasons now i'm not sure but I do know that thy have holes and climb down them in certain ceremonies. I will check into it. I know that they would be very disturbed if this area was visited without consent. But understand I'm not sure. the things that look like beams are ladders. if in fact this is what I think it is. you could search for the tribal information that may get you somewhere???

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I entered that address into google and it seems that it is not accepting this address if the numbers are all right it must be that you cant use words like degrees and the word and when using a goolge location search.... Like I said this seems to be a sacred site like the one talked about below
what you are seeing maybe a pit house... I am native myself so I know about the history of these people but not the exact location.

This snipit of information was at this link.
www.amwest-travel.com...

The Ancestral Pueblo people occupied the region from the 6th century or earlier until the late 13th century. They did not start to build stone buildings until around the 10th century. Prior to that, they lived in temporary shelters known as "pit houses", the remnants of which are extremely rare. However the rock art of that era is quite abundant in Mancos Canyon. This era is known as "Basketmaker". Stone pueblos first started to appear in valleys and on mesa tops. Such structures generally succumbed to the weather and can be observed in the area as mounds of rubble (see photo, left). They are sometimes excavated and restored, as at Chaco Canyon in New Mexico. The Anasazi did not start to build and live in cliff dwellings until the end of their time in the area, the 12th and 13th centuries. The caves and overhangs in which the cliff dwellings were built greatly aided their preservation over the centuries. The reasons why the pueblo people chose to live in cliffs during this time can never be known for certain, and it has always been a topic for lively debate. The era of stone buildings is known as "Pueblo". The eras of the sites in Ute Mountain Tribal Park range from Basketmaker II through Pueblo III, about 500-1250 A.D.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Howdy,

I posted that video on this other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Strange Hum... I think my post was the thread killer coz noone replied after me!

Anyway, you can see this hole on Google Earth, in fact there are TWO holes. The other is to the east. I will make a screen shot and get back to ya'll.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b9fbd9a9cf.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by berkeleygal]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Like I say I think it is just a sacred site they are all over in that area they are called Pit homes they were homes dug in the earth you had a ladder and it took you to a bigger hole where you lived there are pictures somewhere out there of what the insides look like but the aboriginal people are very protective of these sites they are ancient sites and no one without permission can go there. I know this there are some in New Mexico too. These have nothing to do with the Dulce stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join