It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers Of Cooked Food Can No Longer Be Ignored

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Cooked Food Changes Chemical Makeup of Food, Creates Toxins, Severely Damages Nervous System, Causes Brain Cancer, Slowly Destroys Life Force, Major Threat To Human Evolution

I would like to do you a favor and highlight some of the dangers of cooked food:

1. Destroys virtually all nutrients (depends on temperature cooked; the higher the temperature, the more the destruction; only safe cooking temperature is < 118 degrees)
2. Destroys All Enzymes
3. Forms hundreds of Toxic Substances (450 found in an ordinary baked potato)
4. Becomes a carcinogen (cooked meat)
5. Creates hundreds of chemical By Products (Waste)
6. Accelerates The Aging Process
7. Alters Chemical Make up of food
8. Destroys Food's Life Energy
9. Leaves Body Vulnerable To Foreign Immune Attacks (Immune System is weakened when White Blood Cells Rush to The Intestinal Tract During Digestion)
10. Causes Indigestion and Ulcers when Food Doesn't Properly Digest Due To Enzyme Destruction
11. Putrefies Intestinal Flora, resulting in Colonic Dysfunction and Toxicosis
12. Becomes loaded with Free Radicals
13. Alters Water Structure/Content
14. Creates build-up of mucus in the intestinal tract
15. Forms build-up of toxins in many parts of the body, including the brain
16. Depletes Cellular Structure And Processes due to Cellular Malnutrition
17. Tendency Towards Obesity Through Overeating; (An exponentially increasing epidemic in children) Cells deprived of Micronutrients makes one always hungry
18. Toxins Improperly Eliminated From The Body (through skin and blood)
19. Enzyme dead food places burden on digestive organs, overworking them
20. Cooked Starches and Fats, main culprit in congestion/constipation of intestines
21. Body becomes overly sensitive to particles (allergies)
22. Overtime Immune System becomes overworked and weak, accelerating the aging process
23. Waste builds up in arteries causing heart disease, strokes, atherosclerosis
24. Triggers auto-immune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis)
25. Erodes Teeth
26. Causes Osteoporosis (Weak Bones)
27. Water depleted foods (the result of cooking or dehydrating) causes premature wrinkles on skin and internal organs

We as humans are the only species in the world (of eight hundred million) that eats cooked food. We live in a world where eating cooked food is the norm, and anything that exposes our so-called comfort zone, our socially-accepted way of living, our deeply-rooted, long-standing tradition as something unnatural, dangerous, 100% percent unhealthy, and deadly, causes us rebel against it or defend our way of life in order to protect that way of life. Yet in doing so, we make ourselves victims of the past, of the old, of the "wrong way". And we do it out of fear. A fear that keeps us in the past, suppresses our own advancement, our evolution, our expansion of consciousness, but nevertheless, caused by our own ignorance, closed-mindedness, and stubborn approaches to life, unwilling to accept when we're wrong, even if it means dying premature deaths. Now as much as we claim ourselves to be beings of higher consciousness, superior to any other earthly species, how could we not logically question the validity of the health benefits of eating cooked food, if such a thing even makes logical sense?

If most people were actually aware of what really happens internally when they eat cooked food over a period of time, you probably wouldn't even want to touch, see, taste, or smell anything that has been cooked ever again. You would probably rather starve to death than eat cooked matter.

I believe it is ironic, considering the purpose of food, that the very thing that is supposed to replenish our health, revitalize is, supply us with the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients necessary to sustain optimal health is the very thing that is killing us, but only because we have been improperly trained on how to properly prepare food and brainwashed into believing that cooked food is safe to eat. If we knew it wasn't safe to eat, we most certainly wouldn't eat it. The notion that eating food is good because it tastes good clearly shows our selfishness, immaturity, unwillingness to change, improve our well-being, or increase our health-consciousness. In my personal opinion, those who become informed about the dangers of cooked food and fail to take any steps to change are those who ultimately choose to remain in the dark on lower levels of consciousness.

A raw, plant-based diet with fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds is arguably the most appropriate diet for humanity. I, in no way, advocate consumption of raw meat.

Additional References

The Truth About Cooked Food

Cooking Creates Toxic Substances In Food

What Happens To Food When Cooked

Online PDF - Dangers Of Cooked Food

Leukocytosis and Cooked Food

Raw Food VS. Cooked Food

[edit on 12/20/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
just want to throw in my meagre two cents--

if you plan on consuming raw meat, take some black walnut extract, or eat black walnuts with it. it's very potent at destroying parasites/parasite eggs. i researched this when i was getting into survival methods and always starting a fire just to eat some meat for the day is a huge waste of resources and time/energy.

the walnuts are high in fat also, which is good, especially if you're out in the wild.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

I always knew there was a good reason why I liked raw vegetables over cooked ones.

But I don't think you'll ever get me to stop eating potatoes, I'd eat those even if they did shorten my lifespan, they're just such a versatile food and so delicious - worth every deadly bite IMO. Plus raw potatoes aren't even an option, ever bite into a raw potato - I have - it isn't a pleasant flavor.

I've also read similar things about Milk, that it causes cancer and that the added hormones in it are doing irreparable damage to our bodies. What I don't understand is how does something which comes out of the Earth fine become deadly when it's heated up? How does that potato manage to create carcinogens just with a little excess heat? Is that a defense mechanism?

While I certainly agree that eating raw vegetables and fruits is much healthier I find it hard to believe that cooked food is as bad for you as they say. Seems like if it were this would be all over the scientific community and people would be barging into their government buildings demanding reform. Also, people have been eating cooked foods since before recorded history, there is evidence of fire pits for cooking meat dating back thousands and thousands of years before written language so is it just plants that we shouldn't be cooking or should we count meat out too?

Our lifespans keep going up, we're living much longer than we used to so why aren't we feeling the effects of cooked food more? Why aren't we dropping like flies?

Anyway thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll definitely steer clear of cooking all my food but please understand certain foods are far too tasty to pass up on or can't be safely consumed raw...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

and humans can only consume cooked potatoes, because we can't digest them raw. just fyi

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah, but you can't hold pizza if it isn't cooked.
Either way, parts of it are gonna wind up on your lap.

I'm finding this a bit hard to swallow (ducking).

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Like most would agree, I love my cooked food.
That does not prohibit me though from consuming raw though.
I have been researching healthier ways to prepare and eat food.
I gotta loose some weight, so in that respect, I agree.
A lot of Asian countries especially Japan and Korea consume their food only moments from preparation, and often times still squirming.

I'm not advocating anything, but I find that certain foods when cooked can serve to make the meal interesting as well as enhance the raw portions.

For example:
A nice soup, can be livened up by the introduction of complimentary greens.
Toss in raw escarole, chicory, lettuce, spinach, etc... just before serving.

Cutting raw veggies very small, is a great way of making almost anything into a salad, or compliment for any food.

Mashed potatoes are awesome when a cup of finely slivered carrot of diced onion is added.

My Italian Grandparents always had cucumber, tomato, or broccoli salad at the table.

There is also a method of cooking called Blanching.
Preserves a lot of nutritional content.

There are a myriad of ways to add raw food to the diet, and it's the persons responsibility to discover them.

Obviously, NO ONE else is going to tell you, because that goes against our McDonalds generation's way of convenience thinking.

Eating raw is just bad for business.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Throw me a link to a peer-review paper substantiating that claim at the least. Can you give me an idea of the control methods used in the production of some of those outrageous findings? Because, you know, I did work in a poultry meat processing plant for a short time out of high-school... and whatever YOU think of HACCP procedures, I can tell you that my company was extremely concerned about limiting microbial growth and ensuring proper internal temps to kill whatever E.Coli & Lysteria (among others, but those were the two big ones for serious potential to cause food-borne illness in our products largest market) may still be left, or become contaminated with later.

So yeah... if it was a big enough concern for the place I worked at to scrap tons of potentially contaminated product and adopt an expensive monitoring, testing, labeling and tracking system so as to reduce the risk of lawsuits and potential shutdown... I'm going to follow some classic ATS advice. Follow the money. Follow the money right down the crapper for them, because they'd rather see a moderate dip in potential profit (gauged by waste, which we had to track as well) than risk the potential of being responsible for food poisoning due to undercooked product. That could shut them down for up to three weeks for inspection and sanitation... and cost them... who knows how much in court. Especially if someone died.

So yeah... even if I were to ignore everything I know about the dangers of microbial contaminants due to raw/undercooked food... and what I knew about the physiognomy of our intestinal tract when compared to our other omnivorous/vegetarian cousins (the Gorilla, Orangutan, & Chimp), and the bacterial colonies which live in your colon symbiotically by breaking down our food into nutrients we can't absorb without them.

Yeah, I'd still be skeptical. If for no other reason than I've seen more money given up in a week than you probably see in a year to try to prevent a potential catastrophic loss due to undercooked product. And that suggests to me a hell of a lot more about which is safer: cooked or uncooked.

Further: There's evidence that fire was tamed much earlier than suspected, and not even by modern humans. Cooking vegetables and meats could well explain our unique adaptations to our GI tract. Why would it have been an evolutionary advantage? It softens meat, kills bacteria, and softens vegetative material for easier digestion.

[url=While cooking has long been argued to improve the diet, the nature of the improvement has not been well defined. As a result, the evolutionary significance of cooking has variously been proposed as being substantial or relatively trivial. In this paper, we evaluate the hypothesis that an important and consistent effect of cooking food is a rise in its net energy value. The pathways by which cooking influences net energy value differ for starch, protein, and lipid, and we therefore consider plant and animal foods separately. Evidence of compromised physiological performance among individuals on raw diets supports the hypothesis that cooked diets tend to provide energy. Mechanisms contributing to energy being gained from cooking include increased digestibility of starch and protein, reduced costs of digestion for cooked versus raw meat, and reduced energetic costs of detoxification and defence against pathogens. If cooking consistently improves the energetic value of foods through such mechanisms, its evolutionary impact depends partly on the relative energetic benefits of non-thermal processing methods used prior to cooking. We suggest that if non-thermal processing methods such as pounding were used by Lower Palaeolithic Homo, they likely provided an important increase in energy gain over unprocessed raw diets. However, cooking has critical effects not easily achievable by non-thermal processing, including the relatively complete gelatinisation of starch, efficient denaturing of proteins, and killing of food borne pathogens. This means that however sophisticated the non-thermal processing methods were, cooking would have conferred incremental energetic benefits. While much remains to be discovered, we conclude that the adoption of cooking would have led to an important rise in energy availability. For this reason, we predict that cooking had substantial evolutionary significance.

PubMed: The energetic significance of cooking.

Abstract:

While cooking has long been argued to improve the diet, the nature of the improvement has not been well defined. As a result, the evolutionary significance of cooking has variously been proposed as being substantial or relatively trivial. In this paper, we evaluate the hypothesis that an important and consistent effect of cooking food is a rise in its net energy value. The pathways by which cooking influences net energy value differ for starch, protein, and lipid, and we therefore consider plant and animal foods separately. Evidence of compromised physiological performance among individuals on raw diets supports the hypothesis that cooked diets tend to provide energy. Mechanisms contributing to energy being gained from cooking include increased digestibility of starch and protein, reduced costs of digestion for cooked versus raw meat, and reduced energetic costs of detoxification and defence against pathogens. If cooking consistently improves the energetic value of foods through such mechanisms, its evolutionary impact depends partly on the relative energetic benefits of non-thermal processing methods used prior to cooking. We suggest that if non-thermal processing methods such as pounding were used by Lower Palaeolithic Homo, they likely provided an important increase in energy gain over unprocessed raw diets. However, cooking has critical effects not easily achievable by non-thermal processing, including the relatively complete gelatinisation of starch, efficient denaturing of proteins, and killing of food borne pathogens. This means that however sophisticated the non-thermal processing methods were, cooking would have conferred incremental energetic benefits. While much remains to be discovered, we conclude that the adoption of cooking would have led to an important rise in energy availability. For this reason, we predict that cooking had substantial evolutionary significance.

PubMed: Cooking and grinding reduces the cost of meat digestion.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
while i do agree with some of the points you made, and consider them truths, some dont hold too much truth i tihnk.
i totally agree a raw veggie diet is ftw, im a vegetarian myself, but cooking food doesnt destroy its nutirents and vitamins and minerals, well, doesnt destroy all of them, amybe some.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

if you plan on consuming raw meat, take some black walnut extract, or
eat black walnuts with it. it's very potent at destroying parasites/parasite eggs.

Wasabi has a similar effect, and may be easier to come by.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
I always knew there was a good reason why I liked raw vegetables over cooked ones.

Same here. My Mum complained to my doctor when I was young because I wouldn't eat cooked vegetables - I only ate them raw. I used to beg her for a piece of raw potato before she threw it in the pot.

My doctor told her "what are you complaining about? Most people cook them because their kids won't eat them raw! Cooking takes the nutrients out of them."

I always remembered him saying that.

...ever bite into a raw potato - I have - it isn't a pleasant flavor.

I'm the only person I've ever known that likes them.

[edit on 20/12/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This new information for me! very interesting indeed..problem is, if yuo dont cook meat the right way, yuo risk bacterial or viral infections that are in/on the meat* heating the meat kills the pathogens. eating it raw, you play roulette, in a sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thanks for share all that info

All of this is very interesting

Still there is the BUT :
eggs i would never eat raw. Only if pasteurized, cause of Salmonella

Mussels i would not eat raw either. In particular cause of the pathogenic E.coli bacteria
Even eating Oisters, can be risci too...

As i avoid meat, i've to eat lots of dried beans of all kinds. I always put in water for at least 24 hours, before cooking. Not only cause it's impossible to eat raw, but also indeed cause of this :

Some kinds of raw beans and especially red and kidney beans, contain a harmful toxin (the lectin Phytohaemagglutinin) that must be destroyed by cooking. A recommended method is to boil the beans for at least ten minutes; undercooked beans may be more toxic than raw beans.[8] Cooking beans in a slow cooker, because of the lower temperatures often used, may not destroy toxins even though the beans do not smell or taste 'bad'[8] (though this should not be a problem if the food reaches boiling and stays there for some time).

Bean-Wiki

I would not feel safe eating a hamburger, unless the temperature is min. 75 degrees..

[edit on 20-12-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
if cooked food is so bad for you them why have we been eating it for hundreds of years and were living longer than ever?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster. This thread contributes to the 'fear' industry. Please stop encouraging fear of food. However, I will say that I would be concerned about food cooked in microwaves.

Everything/anything in moderation has always my motto.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by deessell]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by robowarrior

Imagine living longer than what was ever thought possible. Because we've been eating cooked food for so long, let me remind you we're the only species that does so, we've been eating ourselves to premature death, meaning it is very possible that we could live hundreds of years longer if we ate the most potent, most nutritious, most cell-preserving foods. We need more Raw Foodists in the world. Raw Food Scientists that is to do research on this and provide us with the latest research on how to enhance our lifespan by becoming aware of such foods and learning how to properly grow them in our own backyards, how to properly prepare them, how to properly eat them, and most importantly how to live without cooked food.

Living longer than ever.....We haven't reached the limit for human lifespan yet. As long as we continue to eat cooked food, we will continue to significantly fall short of that. If people are serious about raising their consciousness and if we as a whole want to advance in our evolution, this is one of biggest steps we can take. We must become advocates of Raw Food. We must study/research the benefits of a Raw Food diet and become more aware of the dangers of eating cooked food. We must deny the ignorance that has kept us from reaching higher levels of consciousness.

We've been living longer than ever? That's not really true. The first beings on earth lived hundreds of years, and you know why???????????? Because they hadn't realized cooking food yet. They were eating raw foods. Plants right out of the ground. The most potent foods in their most natural form.

I've already tried to defend eating cooked food when someone made me aware that Cooked Food was dangerous. There is scientific evidence out there that undeniably proves that when it comes to Raw Food v.s. Cooked Food, it's no contest. Raw Food is food in it's most perfect form and if goes totally raw (preferably organic), eating raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw nuts, raw seeds, raw vitamins (yes, raw vitamins exist).....if you eat raw for two years (not a long time considering how long some of you have been eating cooked food), you will become a new person. Your internal environment will become totally replenished. Your skin, your hair, your mind, will become freshly replenished.

Imagine not ever having to worry about cancer, disease, sickness, weakness, depression, obesity, anemia, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, premature aging......wrinkles!! etc. You say that we've been living longer than ever, but do you realize that when people die of old age or "natural causes" as they say, when the autopsy is performed, one of the first things a medical examiner does is check the digestive tract, and more likely than not, they learn that the person died of a "disease". Aging itself is now becoming associated with a disease. What does that mean? It means that aging is preventable!

Now is high time for us as humans to maximize our own potential. Now is the time for us to start caring for ourselves more, to become our own experts at health, to quit depending on other doctors and so-called experts to look after our health. We must look after our own health. We must learn our bodies; learn what's good for it, and eat foods that make our bodies stronger, healthier, and powerful.

Bottom line: If you eat cooked food, you're not healthy. If you continue to make excuses for eating cooked food, you're only lying to yourself, and that my friends, is the worst thing you can do for yourself. If you don't want to learn for yourself, then do it for your family, your friends, your kids, your parents, your loved ones. Learn for them, but don't remain ignorant forever.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I partially agree, because cooking can improve some foods, tomato is a good example.

Foods like tomatoes must be blanched or steamed for a couple of minutes.

The lycopene absorption/digestibility in tomatoes is greatly enhanced by quickly blanching/steaming it as compared to raw tomatoes.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
you do know theres plants that cant be eatin untill there cooked dont you?
the americian indians used acorns and ground them into flour to make bread this is well known but unless you boil the acorns preferbly twice they will be to bitter.
and some can be eatin but not dijested unless there cooked.
cooking has given man thousands of more plants to eat that cant be eatin otherwise.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If something has to be cooked to make it palatable or edible it shouldn't be eaten. Any moron can realize that we weren't born with stoves on our backs

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've also read similar things about Milk, that it causes cancer

Milk is cancerous whether you heat it or not, casein is the most carcinogenic substance consumed by humans

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

make that two my friend.

I am a raw potato man have one EVERY day.

They are delicious.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join