It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe our consciouness lives on after death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just wondering about the ATS population's opinions on the subject of life after death. Do you believe that your conscious will still be there when your physical body dies, in some form or another? Do you believe you will go to a different astral plane, purgatory, heaven, or some other other realm of existence? Reincarnation?

Or do you believe we just rot in the ground... there is nothing after death?

Remember that this is your own personal opinion, not the opinion of someone else.... and you are not wrong in whatever you believe... because it is your choice to choose what you believe, which is why this thread is about what YOU believe, not what others believe.

I would like you to be serious, but if you feel you have a good joke, feel free to add it in after your true thoughts.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I personally believe that our consciousness lives on... in some form or another. I really can't grasp the idea of just "not existing". I believe that we spend time in some other realm, learning about our mistakes, and preparing for another life in which we try to become better people.

I think evolution is not just a materialistic concept, but one that transcends reality and applies to EVERYTHING.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I believe without a shadow of a doubt that there is a continuation of consciousness of some sort.

As to what exactly happens, then thats when it becomes my hope,my dream, and not my 100% belief as i'm not certain!

If you look into some Quantum Physics, there are very exciting things being discovered in this field that related to this subject. Michio Kaku is worth looking at as its explained simply for simple people like myself.

I just cant see how this planet and these people, under such amazing circumstances are just here by chance to be born, to live, to die, then nothing.....

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i personally believe that our conciousness lives on, as do those of animals.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

its funny you should mention animals. I posted on here a while ago about an experience I had when I moved to New Zealand from Scotland in 2004.

I left my cat behind in Scotland with my Dad when I left for New Zealand. She was a 20somethin year old cat who was always close to me throughout growing up.

I'd been in New Zealand for some months when one night I woke up during the night to find the moonlight casting a shadow onto my bedroom door. It was the exact shape of my cat back home. I knew it was her, i just knew it.

I had a smile to myself then went back to sleep. I dreamt of my cat that night getting an injection at the Vet.

I woke up in the morning with a text message from my brother saying my cat had fallen quickly ill and was given a life ending injection that day.

That proved to me that night, that animals, as well as humans live on in another place.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I do think that the consciousness will survive in some form.

There are ideas in quantum physics that point to that direction. Google "Quantum Suicide and Immortality".

Then there are the theories of C.G.Jung and a lot of evidence from parapsychology: EVP, OBE, NDE, and so on.

And of course people have believed in afterlife or reincarnation for thousands of years, if that belief wasn't somehow validated from time to time, everybody would just be a sceptical about this by now? It just seems intuitively right. If we were just meaty computers inside our skulls I would think we wouldn't be so interested in this.

So I do think that it really is very likely that there is life after physical death.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i think its impossible to answer.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes, I do.

The debunkers will run in like flies on fecal matter, but I'm posting it anyways. Why? Because if the debunkers are intelligent enough to listen to what this doctor says, she was completely DEAD during the time these events took place, and it was IMPOSSIBLE that she could of repeated the conversations of what happened etc. SHE WAS DEAD during the time these doctors were perform THOSE PARTS OF THE SURGEORY DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD If I could elaborate how DEAD she was, I would.

I'll just leave this here.

All skeptics can screw off, it says it astonished doctors and experts, therefore, unless you're Greggory House, you can keep your feelings to yourself.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Absolutely, I believe we ''live on'' after death, personal experiences are the best proof we can come across in my opinion, and i'm sure many feel the same!

Also it can be such a strong feeling within yourself, like you just know, if you know what I mean?

We'll all find out for absolute certain one day

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that it does in energy form until we find a new body reincarnation is a hughe beief of mine

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I believe that we still exist after we die. From experiences and things I have seen during my life that's my conclusion.

I believe in God but of course like others here I can't tell you for sure what form we take.

As for the afterlife I keep an open mind when thinking about the possibilities.

Monts that cat avatar is just too cute!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Does anyone her think that after we die we become aliens?

They say god is the tenth dimension.

Jesus is the ninth dimension.

They say aliens are 5th dimensional entities. We are below.

There has do be a physical aspect and a metaphysical aspect in our dimension, though.... so I really can't say. Nice thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I personally believe that our consciousness lives on... in some form or another. I really can't grasp the idea of just "not existing". I believe that we spend time in some other realm, learning about our mistakes, and preparing for another life in which we try to become better people.

Extreme claims require extreme evidence.

Why is it hard to grasp death... just remember what it was like before you were born.

It's pretty selfish and arrogant to think that you and everyone else is immortal and all this stuff, it's the most pretentious thing i've ever heard.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yes. I believe it. The results of Edgar Cayce's readings and healing work drove the point home to me. I believe with all my heart that he really was accessing the other side and bringing back information to heal all those people. He healed people whom doctors had given up on with simple, natural, off-the-wall remedies that he received during his sleeping trance-channelings. Given his lack of education, doctors were baffled as to how he knew exactly what was wrong with people and how to cure them. Many people tried to expose Cayce as being a charlatan even going as far as going through his house and searching for medical books. Those same people left Cayce's house true believers. Being a God-fearing, devout Christian, and Sunday school teacher, he often struggled with where the source of his information came from and if it was unholy or unchristian. He finally determined that since he helped so many people with his gift that it must be coming from a good source so he decided to continue doing it. I highly recommend reading his works. There is much information on the Bible and the life and teachings of Christ. He even predicted that the Dead Sea scrolls would be found and that Jesus was an Essene. Sure enough, a couple of years later, they were found at Nag Hammadi, and a ton of previously unknown information about the Essenes was discovered. Cayce's detailed explanation of Revelation is really worth checking into if you haven't. Edgar Cayce made me feel closer to God and gave me assurance in the reality of an afterlife and other dimensions. He was a fascinating man.

The following is the only waking description of his journey in the trance state, taken verbatim from comments he made at a public lecture:

"I see myself as a tiny dot out of my physical body, which lies inert before me." [out-of-body] [orbs]

"I find myself oppressed by darkness and there is a feeling of terrific loneliness." [the void]

"Suddenly, I am conscious of a white beam of light, knowing that I must follow it or be lost." [the light]

"As I move along this path of light I gradually become conscious of various levels upon which there is movement." [the tunnel] [various afterlife realms]

"Upon the first levels there are vague, horrible shapes, grotesque forms such as one sees in nightmares." [hell realm]

"Passing on, there begins to appear on either side misshapen forms of human beings with some part of the body magnified." [another hell realm]

"Again there is change and I become conscious of gray-hooded forms moving downward. Gradually, these become lighter in color." [heavenly realm] [guides]

"Then the direction changes and these forms move upward and the color of the robes grows rapidly lighter." [higher heavenly realms]

"Next, there begins to appear on either side vague outlines of houses, walls, trees, etc., but everything is motionless." [I believe this realm is the physical realm which would appear outside of time.]

"As I pass on, there is more light and movement in what appear to be normal cities and towns. With the growth of movement I become conscious of sounds, at first indistinct rumblings, then music, laughter, and singing of birds. There is more and more light, the colors become very beautiful, and there is the sound of wonderful music. The houses are left behind; ahead there is only a blending of sound and color." [cities of light] [heavenly music]

"Quite suddenly I come upon a Hall of Records. It is a hall without walls, without ceiling, but I am conscious of seeing an old man who hands me a large book, a record of the individual for whom I seek information." [a good description of the Temple of Knowledge that people refer to in other NDEs]

Edgar Cayce

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sure we persist after death. Thought is energy; energy cannot be created or destroyed. We possess a physical body, and tons of increasingly subtle bodies that have not bee able to be properly detected by the instruments known to our sciences. Pretty much, the rate at which the particles of those bodies are vibrating, is of an exponentially higher rate. You can look at the physical body as one musical octave, the etheric as another octave, the astral as another, and so on. Information has been proven to be stored holographically in the brain. There's no specified area where memory is stored because its stored everywhere at once.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I know fof a fact that we live on. After my step-daughter died, she has made herself known to my wife many times in various ways. Once, when we were going through some difficult financial times, she appeared to my wife in a recurring dream, giving my wife a series of numbers. After this had happened many times, my wife took the only money she had on her - $60 - and played those numbers on a local lottery. She won $25,000. Although my step-daughter has never appeared in physical form, and I think that she has moved further away now from our earthly realm, there is no doubt anymore in my mind that we live on past our deaths.

It's pretty selfish and arrogant to think that you and everyone else is immortal and all this stuff, it's the most pretentious thing i've ever heard.

It's pretty arrogant and pretentious to think that everyone who has had experiences that suggest an afterlife are lying and you are the only one who knows the truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have a personal sense of knowing that consciousness is immortal. For those interested in the nuts and bolts of reincarnation, past lives, and life between lives, I strongly recommend books by Michael Newton. They are simply awesome and verify much of what I learned reading the Law of One material.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

One day, a long, long time ago, in another life, there I was, foraging for food on a frozen tundra. A hideious beast came upon me and communicated that she had food, shelter and warmth and all I had to do was go with her and lay with her in bed after my belly was full. I took one look at her and said, "Ugh." Ge I decided she was the lesser of evils, food, good. Being food for a giant bear, bad. And after that I was called Ugh by her.

And here I am today, pounding on a keyboard, instead of 10,000 years ago, pounding on a sealskin drum, trying to call forth a god of beauty to suddenly transform the real Ugh, into a beauty.

Heh. Yeah, I continue on. Various bodies I am born into. And when not in a bodily form, I soar throughout the universes, free in spirit, but not free of emotions and desires. That would be hell to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Yes, I do.

The debunkers will run in like flies on fecal matter, but I'm posting it anyways. Why? Because if the debunkers are intelligent enough to listen to what this doctor says, she was completely DEAD during the time these events took place, and it was IMPOSSIBLE that she could of repeated the conversations of what happened etc. SHE WAS DEAD during the time these doctors were perform THOSE PARTS OF THE SURGEORY DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD If I could elaborate how DEAD she was, I would.

I'll just leave this here.

All skeptics can screw off, it says it astonished doctors and experts, therefore, unless you're Greggory House, you can keep your feelings to yourself.

I totally agree with you on NDEs Revolution.

If you take a look at the so called "skeptics" and "debunkers"... they have never taken the full time necessary to study the phenomena of near death experiences. Any scientist who has studied the phenomena (believe me, there are many!) are convinced that something is at play that we don't understand. They can't scientifically give us a solid answer or theory... so just as aliens, ghosts, and the general paranormal... we can only guess what it means.

Skeptics say that NDE's are our brain's neurons frying... our mind's last breath as some say. But there is no way anyone could remember something so vividly when their brain has been "dead" for however long (some cases... the brain is dead for over 20 minutes!).

The only scientific theory that can even come close to explaining away NDE's is the theory that this is some secret function of our brain that gives us solace the moment of our death, but even then, the experiences witnessed by the "near-dead" sometimes contain events so incredible and indescribable that there is no way they could have imagined it (some people actually have said that no words in the human language can adequately describe what they experience).

As far as i'm concerned, from a factual point of view... Near death experiences are the main source of evidence for life after death.

[edit on 12/12/0909 by Monts]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by slated

I have read Michael Newton's books, and they are probably the most important ones I have ever read. Regardless of whether or not the subject's hypnotic regressions are true or not... the fact that they all report the same exact reality is mind blowing. In such a deep hypnotic trance, with all other random information being supressed so that the pure conscious of the mind can reveal itself, there is no way that the messages from the book can be written off.

I also highly recommend reading his books, specifically Destiny of Souls. Like i said, one of the best books I have ever read.

I remember reading a book review on it, and the reviewer saying; "I can only imagine how different the world would be if this book was taught in school along with all the other textbooks of wisdom"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join