It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Big Sellout...from Rolling Stone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Obama's Big Sellout

The president has packed his economic team with Wall Street insiders intent on turning the bailout into an all-out giveaway
What's taken place in the year since Obama won the presidency has turned out to be one of the most dramatic political about-faces in our history. Elected in the midst of a crushing economic crisis brought on by a decade of orgiastic deregulation and unchecked greed, Obama had a clear mandate to rein in Wall Street and remake the entire structure of the American economy. What he did instead was ship even his most marginally progressive campaign advisers off to various bureaucratic Siberias, while packing the key economic positions in his White House with the very people who caused the crisis in the first place. This new team of bubble-fattened ex-bankers and laissez-faire intellectuals then proceeded to sell us all out, instituting a massive, trickle-up bailout and systematically gutting regulatory reform from the inside. www.rollingstone.com...

Interesting piece in Rolling Stone...has HOPE and CHANGE really turned into the rape of middle class America? Is naivete or by design?

Or is it the old standard..."Ya Dance wid' da' one wot brund ya"?

Serious stuff... comments from the ATS Dems? (we know what the right has to say)

And please forgive a foreigner for expressing an interest.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It sucks frankly...

I am not even sure what in the hell he is thinking -

I guess this was the plan all along, I am cross eyed from it all.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

S&F For bringing this to attention. I'm rather surprised due to the liberal nature of the RS.
Reading full article now

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yea bro this is old news. theres a video on youttube called the obama deception and it goes into detail about how he basically screwed the american middle class. i'll try and put a link to it. and S&F

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12/10/2009 by nikobellic]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There never was HOPE an CHANGE.. these were Obama's campaign slogans to con people into voting for him. If you study his background you will see he has had this same agenda from day one. He never did plan to change anything.. accept in his own twisted sick since of a bastardized version of America.

Sadly, most of the people who vote for him are regretting it now and wish they had done more study on him before they voted.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hope and Change may be our HOPE.

Showing that both parties are the same-controlled by the elitists and the Mega Corporation-has actually helped shift the voters knowledge.

My ex-bosses asked me who I hoped would win the race, I told them Obama.

McCain would have done the same things, but I knew the actual intelligent Dem backers would see the problem with their "Savior".

More are waking to the Dem=Repub Paradigm daily!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Hope and Change may be our HOPE.

Showing that both parties are the same-controlled by the elitists and the Mega Corporation-has actually helped shift the voters knowledge.

you make an excellent point that i wish more people would see. Democrats are not on your side. Republicans are not on your side. They are one in the same and keep the masses arguing amongst each other so as to keep everyone from seeing what is really going on.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It's amazing that rolling stone magazine is one of the last bastions of true journalism in the united states. The write up mat taibi did on goldman sachs was also great.

hanks Johnny for posting this.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I wouldn't go that far. It surprises the hell out of me that RS would print something like this (and to their credit, it's great to see) but one article in a sea of propaganda does not a good journal make.

Maybe we're starting to see the budding of a new backbone in the media, though. Here's hoping!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Let me sum up how bad this truly is as well as how old I am!

At this point of his presidency Rolling Stone thought Jimmy Carter was the coolest thing since the 8 track tape deck!

That not even a full year into his Presidency Rolling Stone is doing this kind of piece on him is truly something significant. The Rolling Stone's writers are some of the best in journalism goes as far as probing and being fair and balanced.

After all like I mentioned at this point of his Presidency the Rolling Stone loved Carter!

If this economy keeps heading south we are all going to be wishing for a Billy Beer!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Fair enough, but I have seen more then just one good article fro them. It might just be I enjoy them personally. I see very little of the msm touching the things they do.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here's a link to the article's author being interviewed on Colbert Report, Dec 9.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
When will anyone learn, ... Obama is just a front man, he has little to no say on what goes on in this country.

When presidential terms only last 4 to 8 years, ..... CIA careers can span a half of a century.

The only two things Obama is in charge of is Jack, .. and S**t ....... and Jack left town.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So much for "Change We Can Believe In." Just another war-mongering, bankster puppet.

Say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss:

What's most troubling is that we don't know if Obama has changed, or if the influence of Wall Street is simply a fundamental and ineradicable element of our electoral system. What we do know is that Barack Obama pulled a bait-and-switch on us. If it were any other politician, we wouldn't be surprised. Maybe it's our fault, for thinking he was different.

Kudos to Matt Taibbi -- one of the only real investigative journalists in America.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Fair and balanced? You have to be kidding me, it's one of the most left leaning liberal rags out there, they are further left than the NY times.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stinkhorn1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Fair and balanced? You have to be kidding me, it's one of the most left leaning liberal rags out there, they are further left than the NY times.

Not that that's a bad thing...
Just the same, it is is a serious political statement for the left come out in front of God and everybody and say "We've been betrayed" at this early point in the presidency.

And if things don't improve PDQ...a moderate Republican (cough-Huckabee-cough) would be able to stroll back into the White House.

At last that's the view from the Great White North.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Matt Taibi carries alot of credit with me and many here would be better served reading his past work.

Although I am a major supporter of the President, his choices for his economic team from the very beginning just left me speechless.

Geitner and company need to be kicked out on their sorry asses.

Make no bones about it, many Liberals and Progressives like myself have not been happy over the past year. You can see that in the latest polls. It's not just Independents that are unhappy but many Democrats.

We all know the bankers and Wall Street own this Nation. The latest push for Health Care Reform showed that in spades.

Public financing of elections is our one and only hope. Without it, everything is just plain useless.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
well since we are going this way, my question is this. Where was everyone when Reagan decided to do the same thing or worse. Oh, thats right, he was a movie star and not a democrat so it was ok. Well, have fun with that cognitive dissonance. Besides, 13 months into the bailout is not enough time to show anything.

and yes Obama's economic team makes the token economies of kindergarden look like nobel prize contenders

[edit on 11-12-2009 by guidanceofthe third kind]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Instead of reining in Wall Street, Obama has allowed himself to be seduced by it...

The article is nauseating. Example after example of how financial interests grease the machine of government with well placed "advisors".

I voted for Obama because I felt his grass roots would enable him to better address the issues facing average Americans.

I was wrong. The Banksters quickly weeded out any grass roots, replaced it with artificial turf and billed the taxpayers.

So let down.

Originally posted by AllexxisF1

Geitner and company need to be kicked out on their sorry asses.

This!

I have a family member who works for him. Though I love the person dearly, I can attest that he/she has absolutely no common sense whatsoever but instead revels in bureaucracy and pseudo intellectualism. A first rate elitist to be sure.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I know that I am feeling betrayed by Obama with the way that he and the Democrats have fallen into the money pits of the corporations that would make even the most right wing republicans envious!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join