It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Peace Prize(stop the world I want to get off)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I have been just watching Obamas acceptance speech of his Nobel peace prize.

Direct quote : "WAR IS NECESSARY"

He has been using his speech on accepting a peace prize to justify WAR.

I remember a song ; 'give peace a chance'

The obama version is ' give war a chance'. Thanks Obama.

The faces of the people in the crowd are priceless. There was no joy, no love, no hope, no love in that room.

Stop this goddam hole of a planet and let me off now. I am ashamed of this human race.

Peace.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by itstheendoftheworldaswekn]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I just started a thread in 'Breaking Political News' 'cause I didn't see anything.

What does that mean?! (every one banging their heads?)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Maybe its just too early in the US? Or maybe nobody cares?

I don't wanna use the term anit-christ but that speech made me very uncomfortable. Maybe it was just me and I have picked it up all wrong? Dunno.

peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Have I missed something? What exactly has Obama done to warrant any Nobel Prize, never mind one for peace. In my opinion it makes a complete mockery of the whole process.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by itstheendoftheworldaswekn

Do you have a video clip you could link please?

Second line.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Alfred Nobel is turning in his grave.

The institution was financed by him to recognise those who seek to prevent war and promote peace. Le marchand de la mort est mort was the headline on his death, the man who invented dynamite and Alfred saw to find ways to protect the sanctuary of human life - could not live with his shame.

Dear Alfred, fought, in the end, to stop war.

Justifying war at a Nobel Conference is disgusting.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fumanchu

Well bill clinton also got a peace prize for bombing Yugoslavia.
has anyone here forget that?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by itstheendoftheworldaswekn
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Maybe its just too early in the US? Or maybe nobody cares?

I don't wanna use the term anit-christ but that speech made me very uncomfortable. Maybe it was just me and I have picked it up all wrong? Dunno.

peace.

What a strange coincidence that the mysterious spiral of light was over Norway last night. Of course it was most likely a misfired missile, but it could have been a celestial herald of the anti christ taking his place on the world stage.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Bill Clinton never won a Nobel Prize.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, at least it indicates that he is a thinking man. I would rather have a President who weighs issues from a moral and philosophical perspective than one who makes light of serious issues and uses bravado as a defense mechanism.

I mean no one threw a shoe at him, right?

Now that this silly and utterly premature Nobel business is behind us, this is the time for action. I hope that the President turns his attention to domestic issues.

Americans get that we need to wrap up Afghanistan in a responsible way but we're a hell of a lot more worried about the future of our own country. And not just health care.

J-O-B-S

Real ones that provide decent wages. Real ones that support our dwindling middle class. Real ones that will not be out sourced to India. Jobs, of course, go hand in hand with Education.

Mr. President you can't build a reputation on what you are going to do but what you actually do or fail to do. You should be less concerned about what the rest of the world thinks and, instead, focus on providing leadership and solutions for your own people. During the campaign you spoke so eloquently about the "fierce urgency of now"... well the time is now. It's urgent. And we're feeling pretty damn fierce.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fumanchu

Besides putting us so far in debt that we'll never get out of it , I have know idea how or why he got it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am surprised clinton never got one, for blowing people up too, like obama and his fasination with weddings and bombs, lol.

Its amazing clinton never got it.

But obama gets one for blowing up his first wedding, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Can I have a Nobel prize too? I DID get out the army after years of trying to save people, AND i DO pray for peace every day!
Its a lot more than what barry has done!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am only putting this here for source of reference, this is the transcript of Obama's Nobel Acceptance Speech.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 12/10/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
this an old shattered saying...but still holds true

every single man who has publicly stood for peace-has been shot...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks for putting up the text 'whatukno'.

I'm sure video will be all over youtube shortly. I watched this on the MSM.

I know it was a publicity stunt that he got this award. That doesn't bother me. Its the actual speech that has freaked me out. So many people believe every word this guy says. Just swallow it up. 'War is necessary' . Could you imagine anyone else saying this at a peace ceremony. Imagine Bush saying. It would be funny if it wasn't so insane.

He even has the nerve to tell us that ' no Holy war can ever be a just war'.
So he can only decide what a just war is. This guy is nuts and I am now getting worried about him.

Peace.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by itstheendoftheworldaswekn]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by itstheendoftheworldaswekn

I know it was a publicity stunt that he got this award.

Can't really put Obama to blame with this, not only did he have no idea that he won this award, he had absolutely no control over winning it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We are living in 1984, War is Peace.

I can't believe this crap, well actually I can. Oh well, might as well go to the bar while I can still afford it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you go to GOOGLE VIDEO and type in "Obama Nobel Acceptance Speech" plenty of videos there.

It seems like some of you heard the word war and then promptly turned your ears off. . . Good job?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Could've refused to accept it and handed the award to the Prime Minister of Zimbabwe - Whose family has been executed and countless MDC party members were tortured by Mugabe. Yet, after decades of persecution, he still went into a power sharing agreement with Zanu-PF.

Or, another worthy candidate, the Israeli human rights group that exposed countless IDF abuse in Gaza and the West Bank.

<<   2  3 >>

join