It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Video, Daylight Robbery: Israeli settlers forcibly move into a Palestinian home in occupied East

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
You all do realize that the Arabs and Jewish people have been fighting in various ways, including but not limited to this for thousands of years, right?

We can't really do much to change that.

I'm more pro Jewish as a religion, but when it comes to people, people are people and they all have rights. Right or wrong, nothing we do can change thigns over there unless we push for a slow and gradual change of thought amongst all people, one that can only be done by influencing people in a positive fashion and showing Christ's love and salvation to them.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by joesomebody]

How would you like it, if I ship all the Muslims in your neighborhood, and they stole your land from you, and killed your family and friends in the process?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by bignick]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick

Originally posted by joesomebody
You all do realize that the Arabs and Jewish people have been fighting in various ways, including but not limited to this for thousands of years, right?

We can't really do much to change that.

I'm more pro Jewish as a religion, but when it comes to people, people are people and they all have rights. Right or wrong, nothing we do can change thigns over there unless we push for a slow and gradual change of thought amongst all people, one that can only be done by influencing people in a positive fashion and showing Christ's love and salvation to them.

How would you like it, if I shipped all the Muslims in your neighborhood, and they stole your land from you, and killed your family and friends in the process?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by bignick]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by joesomebody

"You all do realize that the Arabs and Jewish people have been fighting in various ways, including but not limited to this for thousands of years, right?

We can't really do much to change that."

With an approach like that nothing will change, but having said that broad stroke of a paintbrush on the rainbow statement i can see your point. Its hard to look at a conflict that has essentially stood the test of time like nothing else and think "hey we can change that". Even if it does change in a certain capacity it will not be a shift towards neutrality if anything anti semitism will go through the roof and it will be the same titter totter on a different end.

Very true.

The thing is, both sides are very strong in their religions. Faith? I'm not sure if there's much of that anymore between them, but it gives them reason and fuel to fight. I don't see Islam or Judaism changing any time soon, unless the Messiah comes (the first one is likely to be false anyway).

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hey judging by the worlds reactions to other events, the Messiah better have some darn good public speaking abilities and proof.
On a side note that is kind of a comedic relief, i heard (a lie to you is a lie to me) that the Christian Coalition in America has funds set aside for testing different camera light filters for when Jesus returns. They figure his "glow" would not be able to be seen on TV or it would block out TV i didnt quite get the logic, but i heard that they are actually concerning themslevs with these kinds of issues.
I guess one is better off prepared if even for the improbable.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The staff are stupid. Larger quotes than that appear on a regular basis. They just removed it because it's from the Bible.

The Verses were from Romans 7:14-25. You can read it here:
http:// www. biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%207:14-25%20&version=NIV

It's not about worldly stuff. I think that's ridiculous, and I'm still a believer.

It's all about faith.

Ex

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was looking around for some more information
on this event and found instead a little something to think about:

What happens if Israel lays down its arms and promises not to
retaliate against any attack?
Answer: Israel is destroyed later that afternoon.

What happens if the Arab countries surrounding Israel lay down
their arms and promise not to retaliate against any attack?
Answer: PEACE in the Middle East. ”

By withdrawing its troops from Gaza in 2005,
Israel gave land, and instead of peace, it got rocket attacks.
We are operating on double standards when after the launching
of thousands of rockets from Gaza, in response to Israel’s having
withdrawn troops from Gaza, Israel is dissuaded from a forceful
response to stop the rockets.

Israel is supposed to give a “proportionate response.”
Hamas has made it quite plain that they will never recognize the
State of Israel: River to the Sea is What It Should Be.
What, pray tell, is a “proportionate response” to an organization
that wants to wipe the State of Israel off the face of the earth?

There are 1.2 billion Muslims, and about 15 million Jews

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Ex]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OK, imagine, if you will, that an extreme English nationalist party took control of the UK parliament & re-enacted the old laws which allowed for the killing of the Welsh & Scots in certain towns. It would be legal. However, by the international laws of the EU & UN, it would be illegal & measures would be taken to stop it. Thus we see that international law trumps local law.
So, when the Israeli settlement organisations get off the land they have been illegaly occupying, in defiance of UN resolutions, for decades, then they can clear up any personal claims to land ownership in civil courts, against folk who were granted such land by international law decades ago. In the meantime, they are just opportunistic thieves backed by shysters & a dishonest, expansionist government.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You sir are the man! Thank you for the information and the news article this explains the situation!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just plane sick. How can any of our representatives, back such a terrorist government ?
not one liner

[edit on 10-12-2009 by piett]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by piett

Read jdub297's post in page 1, he shows that the whole situation is an eviction.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have my doubts about this article. The police confiscated the video cameras but then let this footage be released. I don't know. I really don't think so.

The Bible says all nations will come against Israel during the end times. I think we are being fooled to believe these things, just like WMDs in Iraq. I believe this to be a setup for an eventual invasion by all countries against Israel.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If there is any justice in an afterlife, 'settlers' will be held to account. I really don't care if they believe they are following Gods will or if it's down to a political settlement. How can you knowingly move onto land/into homes where the previous occupiers were cleared out for your benefit? In a sense it's immaterial whether the video is fake or not.
Evil has many forms.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
damn - why did they have to wait until AFTER my ATS Debate about this?

But seriously - Israel is doing no favors for themselves by doing this...they are creating martyrs out of the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Wow, kudos on the debate. I gave you that one and enjoyed reading it.
These "settlers" and this whole situation is something that people are saying they constanly hear about and its such a long standing conflict that theres nothing we can do.
My question to them is during the past and this conflict has it not reached its tipping point on multiple occasions? Has it not erupted into conflict? what makes you think this time is any different, it couldnt be more cyclical, and if we dont bring attention to it now whilst the tensions are still growing, once it explodes it will be to late.
Make no mistake this is only heading towards the direction of a large armed confrontation. No-one wants that.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There are individuals within the intelligence sector that are very frustrated at the continuous rogue decisions that members of state in Israel are performing although they have been warned on one to many occasions. Members of ats, do not be surprised with events that will transpire mid 10.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
There are individuals within the intelligence sector that are very frustrated at the continuous rogue decisions that members of state in Israel are performing although they have been warned on one to many occasions. Members of ats, do not be surprised with events that will transpire mid 10.

Interesting, care to elaborate?
"Events" is an ear perking word.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Interesting, care to elaborate?
"Events" is an ear perking word.

My choice of words have been purposely chosen for a particular viewer.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I heard this spoke at the water cooler.

"Nuke the f'n place. If they can't play nice in the sandbox no one gets it. That will teach these dumb-asses" - A-hole I work with.)

I don't know how I feel about this.

I know on a personal note, If it was fair to give Israel back to the Jews then the Native Americans get North America back.

Its wrong to take from anyone, its wrong to hate and cause harm, its also wrong to impose your beliefs on others. I think we can all agree on this.

My problem comes in at this point.
NOT MY GOD, NOT MY RELIGIONS. I share this planet with them, STOP MAKING IT UNINHABITABLE with wars and bombs and economic BS.

Lets oust the antagonists and free ourselves from the BROKEN egoic mind that controls us all.

Love Light and Blessings of wisdom and peace.

P.S.
Isn't it all over buisness (Military industrial complex) anyway?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by Snarf

Wow, kudos on the debate. I gave you that one and enjoyed reading it.
These "settlers" and this whole situation is something that people are saying they constanly hear about and its such a long standing conflict that theres nothing we can do.
My question to them is during the past and this conflict has it not reached its tipping point on multiple occasions? Has it not erupted into conflict? what makes you think this time is any different, it couldnt be more cyclical, and if we dont bring attention to it now whilst the tensions are still growing, once it explodes it will be to late.
Make no mistake this is only heading towards the direction of a large armed confrontation. No-one wants that.

It is because Israeli govt. and the illegal settlers believe they will completely "eradicate" the entire Palestinian race from Gaza and West Bank inch by inch so there is no opposition and no riots like in history. That's is another reason why no one from outside is allowed to enter the area for eg. the EU lawmakers last week were refused, Israel does not want people to witness the genocide it is committing within the open air prison but somehow brave people are able to leak out tid bits for information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join