It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shafts under Pyramids at Giza may be a Water Pump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This fellow John Cadman thinks he has proof the shafts under the Pyramids could be a giant water pump based on the HYDRAULIC RAM PUMP principle.

Interesting theory,

I don't see any point (and I'm a professional archaeologist) in speculating about the pump theory (nuclear reactor cooling, etc), since it is not established that there were any pumps.

What you can do is go through historical, geological and archaeological data to see if there would be any sense in such a system.

There is.

Ground water penetration is increasingly threatening the monuments at the Giza plateau, and it is reasonable to assume that if it is a problem today, it could equally have been a problem thousands of years ago, at least in a cyclic perspective:

enews.mcot.net...

We know that the Nile was much closer to the Giza plateau in a distant past. Herodotos reports that there was water close to the Great Pyramid,

Some type of drainage/pump system below the Pyramid is therefore not such a crazy idea. After all, they took great care in building it.

Originally posted by Signals
Very interesting! S & F. Does this theory support or debunk the ~pyamids are older than previously thought~ ideas?

There is one possibility to interpret it that way.

Classic Arab historians and chroniclers claim that the Great Pyramid was a legacy built in order to resist a great flood that would inundate the world.

It would also explain why the Chambers (graves or not) inside the pyramid are placed above ground level, and not below it as in most other Egyptian tombs.

If we speculate (and it remains speculation) with the idea that this flood is equivalent with the Biblical Flood often mentioned in cultures of the Levant, then we would have to place the building of the Great Pyramid in a pre-flood society certainly pre-dating the time period of Pharaoh Chephren (since we have no records of a great inundation or flood during his reign).

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

The nile flooded and moved locations a lot back then.

Your comment about it alerting everyone brought to mind an alarm for incoming flooding as well as a pump to clear the city of the flood waters.

Very interesting. The Hydrogen seperation from the water and the burnt chamber mentioned makes me think they burned the hydrogen for fuel (heating, cooking, maybe even power).

This makes it sound like a multipurpose machine. Flood control, flood alarm, Water supply, Building (floating blocks into place), and hydrogen for cooking and heat. Awesome!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Very Interesting and makes much more sense to me anyway for there technique to have worked like this.... would have saved time considerably.

S+F deserved

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hello this is my first reply here and i just want to add a thought that hit me while reading all the replies...

what if the pyramids are an alarm system.
I mean, if we all think it's gonna generate power or something else and then go on with the restauration. And when we're finally done with it we click the machine on the whole humanity rejoices only to then discover that the pyramids are a beacon that signalizes when humanity has advanced far enough an then some alien fleet comes here and blasts us into the stoneage... again... the humanity!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I wouldn't say melted, but i would certainly say it was damaged by something. I'm no expert but if that were simple degradation wouldn't it more even and not just in one corner?

I was just at that link. I was supposed to be looking at the sarcophacus.

I couldn't stop looking at the tightness of those joints in the wall
behind it.
The tightness appears to absolutly seal that room air tight. Good God
as some who knows construction, that dosn't seem possible.
Yet there it is. shakeshead turns and kicks rocks.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What I'm going to write here probably has nothing what so ever to do with what you are all talking about but I thought I would throw it out here.

I was watching a show about Stonehenge and they were doing experiments with sound. It seems that if you beat drums the faster you beat them it caused a frequency that bounced off the stones and they found when it got to 10 Hertz it matched the Human brain Alphawaves which made people relax.

Maybe this was some kind of way they controlled their masses with sound waves that messed with Human alphawaves.

It seems Militaries are working on this technology with... "we the peoples."

Sound waves interfere with alphawaves of brain.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptianprincess

In response to Randyvs, no there is not a corner of the sarcophogus chamber that is melted, i have seen it (the great pyramid) it is just a small stone room with a small stone box where the sarcophogus was held...nothing too interesting

Ok I think I see the misunderstanding being that I was refering to the cornor of the sarcophacus itself not the room.

Man what a lucky lady you are to be there. What to look for? Have you studied the joints closely enough to make an assumption wheather or not
those rooms are air tight? Say someone could possibly suffocate if the entrance was sealed in the same manner?

Definetly a big thank you for even asking us.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I like this idea. Suppose you were stranded on a strange, backward planet for some reason and wanted to be rescued. ET Phone Home! This could be a one shot use or at specfic dates/times. Have to think backwards on how to send a message across long distance using primative means. Maybe even use what's left from the power source on your wrecked ship. Could explain what was in the ark. Have the natives watch over it until needed again or you are picked up. Create some superstitution. What if never picked up? Must keep ithe natives from somehow using it again? Maybe scuttle the thing in the ocean (Atlantis) with a story to help decendants find it again. Hmmm, interesting idea. I reserve the rights to a story here.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Christopher Dunn has been saying for years that the Giza Pyramids were designed to generate awesome amounts of power:

www.gizapower.com...

This highly interesting collaboration just supports his thesis.

So, I guess its safe to say that Egyptologists, who swore up and down that the pyramids were nothing more than burial chambers, were wrong again.

The field of Egyptology has to be placed in the same infamous category as climate science.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I was watching a show about Stonehenge and they were doing experiments with sound. It seems that if you beat drums the faster you beat them it caused a frequency that bounced off the stones and they found when it got to 10 Hertz it matched the Human brain Alphawaves which made people relax.

This is not the first time I've heard of that to be sure I must take a few to grab a book from my extensive library of, well at 3 or 4 books on this
subject. lol gi me a few?

I reserve the rights to a story here

Get in line pal

Ok This guy Christopher Dunn has more than one theory going on here.
One of them includes microwaves (scaler?) another is the use of many
drums to resonate a frequency as described.
Besides don't burial chambers have hyroglyphics?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
What I'm going to write here probably has nothing what so ever to do with what you are all talking about but I thought I would throw it out here.

I was watching a show about Stonehenge and they were doing experiments with sound....

I remember reading a book about the cultures in The Himalayas, the monks there could lift boulders and block between 1-5 tons (maybe more) with drums and some very large and long trumpet-like instruments... in Tibet to be more precise actually now that i remember. Maybe the pyramids, regarding ther size, lifted more than one boulder/block at the time... who knows...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Yes, perhaps you are right..I think i do remember something like that but the last time i went was about a year ago. I shall have to look again in a few weeks when i go and see about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for your friendly reply
. yes i like it here, after i got over the culture shock and new lifestyle
. and yes it is air tight i believe.

i heard that if it is sealed then someone would suffocate in there... the air there is very hot and stifling and very musty-ish that makes it hard to breathe while down there so that some people have a hard time there. (i went in the summer so it was unbelievably hot but yes u could suffocate there for sure. i wouldnt want to get left alone in there.....there is an electric feel to the air in there and kinda creepy to be honest

they do not allow u to take photos in there because the flash damages the place so i will look harder next time. i am interested in these types of things because when u see it u cant imagine how people without modern technology could create something so symmetrical and stunning and large

Best,
Egyptianprincess

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Try googling 'binaurial beats' two slighly different tones one in each ear cause the brain patterns (through resonance) to syncronise with the mean of the two tones. Gnaurial is a linux tool to generate these tones. anything from wide awake through trance and deep sleep can be achieved in a few mins of listening. I have messed about with the trance states but mostly now just use one that takes me straight to sleep to combat my insomnia... caused by messing around with trance states

Darren Brown an illusionist recently ran a show in the UK where he stuck people in their armchairs through the tv. He used the same principle only with a pulsating on screen image resonating at the same frequency the brain does and then slowed the frequency down to put the body to sleep. When the brain tunes into a frequency if it changes the brain follows. I personally believe this is where the old hypnotists watch thing came from. If the hypnotist could make the watch swign at the same frequency as the subject brain patterns as the watch slowed the brain would too.

I wonder if the pyramid could have been build as a perfect replica of one on another world therefore being in resonance with each other allowing a person in the centre of each to communicate using the resonance qualities of the pyramid structure as a galactic comunications device...

Sorry if off topic

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptianprincess

Thank you so much darlin I'm sure someone else will have something for you and I might think of something else after I calm down.

Crimsonmoon

It seems once you break out of that ancient theory of a tomb.
The possibilities become endless. This observation alone almost completely disposes that theory imo.

In fact let me say

A TOMB? GET THE HELL OFF ME! :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

Hmmm. Further flesh out of story. Dying father on death bed gives first born son (Hmmm, smell Biblical part of story here) strange design gold ring, tells him it's been in the family since BC, and tells him it might be of "USE?" in the future (but he doesn't know why, but that's what was passed down) and to keep it in the family.
Hmmm, must find what ring opens. I always wondered what that ring does.

Sorry, I got carried away with possible book here.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by alttracks]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm racking my brain here... wasn't it speculated that the Benben stone was the original capstone of the great pyramid, and that it was later moved to heliopolis to be worshipped? The other pyramids had gilded capstones (covered in gold) fitted, to represent the benben? The benben itself, being a strange conical-shaped iron meteorite?
If so, could the benben itself be the "capacitor" mentioned earlier?
(For the storage and discharge of energy)
Out of interest, what does the apex of the great pyramid point to?
(a.Now, b. When the Egyptologists say it was built, and c. When the "alternative" historians speculate it was built - in the age of Leo.)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Very interesting discovery! If this is what the pyramids where built for then I think someone is going to have to re-write some history books!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I stumbled onto this and thought I would share a theory from Nikola Tesla on the pyramids. This info may be common knowledge to most of you that research this topic often but it was new to me.

Tesla & the Great Pyramid

Tesla and Pyramid

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

See this guy Dunn his name keeps popping up

In the work of quite a number of important theorists, including Christopher Dunn, it has been suggested that the Great Pyramid was originally built to be an active power plant. That the primary base-line dimension of the structure is harmonically integrated to the earth via a 1/14400 ratio, and that the latitude placement has been shown to possess a most decisive association to the Earth tropical year frequency also; there is indeed significant support for this idea.

He has quite few different studies on this subject and I'll be back I'm absolutly exhausted. ................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join