It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS label all Global Warming threads as HOAX

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Global warming is not a hoax. The earth goes through heating and cooling cycles. The assertion that man has any impact on that certainly is questionable, and the scientists that were trying to make their theory into fact by ignoring and fudging data are dishonest and should be investigated to find out who was pushing them so hard. But a hoax is intentionally setting out to fool others, to label threads started by ATS members before the emails were leaked would be wrong, because their threads weren't hoaxes. They were presenting what they thought was true information, so that wouldn't be fair.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Do you really believe someone is not making a mint off these new regulations? Cap & Trade establishes a market where items (carbon credits) are bought and sold, just like on a stock market company shares are bought and sold. Tell me there are not rich people manipulating the NYSE... go on, tell me.

No I don't believe that. I totally believe that crooks and liars are trying to make money off of it.

How does that conclude that all of climate change is a hoax? It doesn't.. I just means a bunch of greedy people are trying to make money.

It is physically impossible to consume any form of organic matter in a combination with oxygen and not create both carbon dioxide and water.

I know.... but it is NOT physically impossible to stop it from being freely dumped into the air. It can be collected.

So yes, the power producers will have to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions, which can only be accomplished by dropping power production.

You are 100% incorrect. That is NOT the only way to reduce emissions. There are ways to capture the pollution before it is released into the air.

Also, there are OTHER technologies that can be utilized to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. For instance, a coal burning plant can become a hybrid plant by using both solar power and wind power, and maybe even other technologies, along side coal.

That way they can reduce their power output from coal, and whatever amount of power reduction they made with coal, they can make up with other cleaner technologies. Successfully reducing their output of CO2.

Have you lost your reasoning and logic?

You are using that power right now, in the form of transportation, lighting, food preparation, entertainment, and home heating/cooling. Exactly how do you expect to continue using power if it is not available or is too expensive to pay for? Which of these will you give up? All of them?

How can it possibly become too expensive if the power companies switch to less costly power production?

If a coal plant decided to reduce emissions by reducing the amount of burnt coal, and replacing that amount with solar power or wind power which is less expensive. How exactly would that increase costs? Sure it might cost them money to build the solar and wind power plants, but after that it is less costly than coal.

Even then, your scare tactics of telling me I will be out of power is useless. I know how to make electricity and store electricity, I'll produce it myself if the power companies can't handle the job. I don't rely on them.

Think about what you are fighting for. You can stop your own carbon 'footprint' right now... just drain all the gasoline out of your car and pull the mains in your electrical panel. Do that for one week and I'll consider following suit.

Or how about I ride a bike to the store instead of driving. Or how about I invent more efficient devices. Or how about invent a way to collect the emission from the vehicle. Some power plants use static electricity and electrically charge the emissions and then collect them with the opposite charge. That would keep the emissions from reaching the air. Or how about I buy an electric car, and charge it with solar panels.

Are you stuck in la-la land? Have you lost your thinking skills? You think the only way to reduce emissions is to deprive ourselves from our technology?

It's people like you who slow down the progress of man. Thinking negative and not positive.

Let me know how it works out.... oh, wait, you can't since computers require electrical power...

TheRedneck

Your fear mongering disgusts me.

Oh no! What will I do with out electricity!? Oh no, what about my computer!? OH nooooooooosssss.. its the end of the world! I better make a topic that says global warming is hoax so I can keep all this stuff! Then die from inhaling poison and heat stroke!

Seriously dude. Magnets and wire and motion makes electricity. I can charge my laptop while I work out in a gym.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
All I got to say regarding Global Warming is that it's only about time people saw it for what it is: One Big BS.

Of course, every data is manipulated because there's no such thing as fact. It's only based on perception.

Thousands of years ago people thought the world was flat, then the perception changed and people believe it's round. A few decades, etc. from now the world will be a Sphere.

It's all about perception.

Uhh, a few decades from now? Your logic intrigues me. What year is it?

Perusing the internet I happened upon a site that had tha audacity to claim:

sphere (sfr)
n.
1. Mathematics A three-dimensional surface, all points of which are equidistant from a fixed point.
2. A spherical object or figure.
3. A celestial body, such as a planet or star.

Round usually describes spherical objects.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by endisnighe

Global warming is not a hoax. The earth goes through heating and cooling cycles. The assertion that man has any impact on that certainly is questionable, and the scientists that were trying to make their theory into fact by ignoring and fudging data are dishonest and should be investigated to find out who was pushing them so hard. But a hoax is intentionally setting out to fool others, to label threads started by ATS members before the emails were leaked would be wrong, because their threads weren't hoaxes. They were presenting what they thought was true information, so that wouldn't be fair.

Thank you, one of the few hitting the subject on target. Yes, it probably would be unfair to label them Hoaxes. I actually have changed my mind on that.

And no where did I say Global Warming was a hoax or that Global Climate change was. The theories some scientists have come up with though is another matter all together.

Thanks for your on target response!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
You can post all you want on the theories and such, but can everyone give me their view on whether or not the Global Warming alarmist threads should be marked as HOAX.

No, because while things may change naturally, and perhaps because of events we have no control over, there are still things WE have contributed to that affect our climate.

There's still room on the fence for people to sit on while we wait and see.

And I very much doubt the owners of ATS would do as you request and label every GW thread a hoax.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

With all of the recent activity on the net about the FACT, that man made Global Warming is a instituted HOAX and perpetuated by the governments of the world to institute TAX AND CONTROL. With the destruction of the DATA and the manipulation of the existing numbers, not to mention Global Governance.

I call for ATS to go back through ALL threads that promote the lie, to be LABELED HOAX

This may take a lot of work on the site's side, but this is a conspiracy site that has a chance to step forward and help stop the madness.

What say you ATS members!

[edit on 12/1/2009 by endisnighe]

Boy are you going to look stupid unless you do the usual skeptic trick....ignore that what you don't agree with!

Sure there were emails flying around but do you know their content? Do you know WHY they were written? Boy are you GW skeptics going to look VERY ignorant.

This hasn't reached mainstream yet (not controversial enough and requires the reader to THINK). The GW skeptic brigade have resorted to lies to make their point. However, professional media outlets cannot resort to the expression "you are lying". You can't even do that here on ATS without getting banned despite the evidence. So the email discussion was trying to find a way to counteract the skeptic misquotes, twised data cherry picking and downright lies. Well suprise suprise if the frank PRIVATE discussion got a little carried away. DUH. I mean DUH are you that naive?

Now this is a conspiracy isn't it? Surely with ANY subject if some emails from a small university half way round the world were leaked on the web and the US senate grabbed hold of this as evidence to back up their stance (that was contrary to world opinion) you would surely question it.......sorry forgot the US is ALWAYS right the rest of the world are clueless cavemen.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

And no where did I say Global Warming was a hoax or that Global Climate change was. The theories some scientists have come up with though is another matter all together.

I know, i didn't mean to make it seem as though you did. I was just saying that even though the main pushers of 'man causing global warming' theory have been exposed, the earth does heat up and cool down.

Thanks for your on target response!

No prob.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
gee a hoax...can't wait for the rising water, coal dust in my lungs, more carbon dioxide to breathe, hotter summers, colder winters, fiercer storms. fossil fuels FOREVER!!! YEAH!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It would be THE ' I told You So ' in a life time though!!

the Facts are now in, it is a Hoax and a Fraud, and the Carbon tax just cant be in affect any more, as it is based on madeup data with the intent of tricking people into paying tax on something that dont exist..

NO, dont start debating the weather, it has nothing to do with the Mannmade Warming scam we are talking about !! Thank you !

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think I missed it. What was the evidence again (data wise) that the planet is not heating up?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
gee a hoax...can't wait for the rising water, coal dust in my lungs, more carbon dioxide to breathe, hotter summers, colder winters, fiercer storms. fossil fuels FOREVER!!! YEAH!!!

I don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that just because the Al Gore brand of global warming is questionable, those who are questioning it advocate being irresponsible with the environment. I remember quite a while before Gore's manbearpig crusade, people pushing for less pollution, and more environmentally friendly ways of doing things. Those emails don't represent the death of that way of thinking, IMO. Pollution is horrible, regardless of whether or not it causes any change in temperature, and breathing it is not good for any of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
I think I missed it. What was the evidence again (data wise) that the planet is not heating up?

you can down load the documents and read it if you doubt it.
Among things, the computer programs they use are 'rigged' with wrong data, so when any scientist enters data for cumputing , he gets the data back as supportive for co2 driven warming, and it is a fraud. Period.

There are 1000's of scientists backing up this and sayng they have even tryed to warn about this bahaviour for many years, but as you can see, like you do right now: Refuse to believe any thing unless it comes from Big Daddy on TV...
The 'hockystick' is a proven scam,hoax,lie too, there isnt much left of this AGW 'theory' at all, get a grip on your self and start think of your own future rather than jump the Gore Gun..

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am going to say it again and again and again and again and again.

This is not about Global Warming-mostly

This is not about Global Climate Change-mostly

This is about the HOAX behind the Man Made Global Warming agenda!

I will not dispute GLOBAL WARMING based on DATA that has been MANIPULATED by this HOAX.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, what does that have to do with the water in the MOJAVE DESERT?

CO2 stock trading has what to do with actually helping anything, but the super rich and powerful, from lining their pockets with OUR money? It will not stop pollution, get it? Pollution is bad, I get that, do you get that this has nothing to do with pollution?

Nuff Said.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

you can down load the documents and read it if you doubt it.
Among things, the computer programs they use are 'rigged' with wrong data, so when any scientist enters data for cumputing , he gets the data back as supportive for co2 driven warming, and it is a fraud. Period.

There are 1000's of scientists backing up this and sayng they have even tryed to warn about this bahaviour for many years, but as you can see, like you do right now: Refuse to believe any thing unless it comes from Big Daddy on TV...
The 'hockystick' is a proven scam,hoax,lie too, there isnt much left of this AGW 'theory' at all, get a grip on your self and start think of your own future rather than jump the Gore Gun..

I downloaded and read the documents. This is why I am asking. I've yet to see anything except the emails and I didn't see anything beyond someone worrying that some data didn't match what they expected and what to do about it. I didn't see the colluding that people talk about, nor have I see any data that supports the fact that the planet is not warming.

I've looked at data from lots of institutes and I haven't found anything to convince me otherwise.

So I will ask again, aside from the emails...what is the data that negates global warming?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So I will ask again, aside from the emails...what is the data that negates global warming?

I was under the impression that they somehow did away with the data you're requesting, and the emails talk about it. It was data showing recent overall cooling trends, if i'm not mistaken.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ALLis0NE

In your OP you are asking for all Climate Change topics to be labeled as HOAX and thrown in the HOAX bin just because a few hoaxers have manipulated data to help their Carbon Tax agenda. That's wrong on many levels. They are two different problems, not one.

Incorrect, read it again. I am calling for the Threads that spout the hoax of MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING.

Why are you even trying to lie?

What should I read again, your title?

"ATS label all Global Warming threads as HOAX"

You failed.

See, this is EXACTLY what I am saying, this is the HOAX. You are only repeating the LIE. Their is no PROOF of MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING DUE TO CO2.

I'm not repeating anybody, nor did I lie.

You can do a scientific experiment in your own home that shows CO2 traps heat. That means extreme amounts of CO2 CAN cause warmer temperatures.

Duh...

The science of Global Warming has been exposed to show the lies, but WHERE IS THE SCIENCE on CO2 emissions causing GLOBAL WARMING!

No, the science hasn't been exposed, because it can't be. CO2 CAN cause temperature changes. You can't deny the physics.

The only thing that has supposedly been exposed, but not verified, is the claim that some people were editing data. Well, news flash again, you can obtain the data on your own without a 3rd party, so your whole debunk is useless.

Maybe if we planted some FRACKING TREES and quit cutting down the forests, maybe, just maybe, we can do something about that.

But why would anyone do that if you keep going around claiming CO2 doesn't cause warming? Are you now agreeing that CO2 causes warming?

Anyway, see this thread-Let's finish this! Numbers do not lie.

I read that thread, and it is a load of crap. He debunked himself in the very beginning claiming that the only heat is from the Sun.

He didn't calculate the heat from Earths core that is also trapped by greenhouse gases. He also didn't even calculate the heat created from the burning of fossil fuels that create the CO2. Nor did his calculations include the actual temperature of the CO2 when it is released after being made.

There is 1000 holes in his theory and calculations.

Now YOU are using unverified and incorrect data to push your agenda. You are no better than exactly what you have been complaining about. They call that hypocrisy.

How do you offset Global Emissions of CO2, it is really fracking EASY.

Plants take CO2 and create O2, simple as that.

Plant a tree, a bush, or how about this.

Grow enough food for the world's hungry LO AND BEHOLD CO2 is converted to oxygen.

Did you do any research before you opened your trap?

First off, trees don't instantly grow to full size. They take years.

Second, we can't possibly plant enough trees to absorb all the CO2 created by man, let alone the CO2 create from other places.

Third, as heat increases, Earth's ability to absorb CO2 gets weaker.

As of right now, the Earth can only absorb HALF of the CO2 created by man, and as man creates more, Earth's ability decreases.

This is all scientifically verified. But of course, you are going to call everyone a liar.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sure, because some how hundreds of governments, institutions, acadamies and scientists are in on one HUGE conspiracy without breathing a word.

Keep dreaming.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

If CO2 is behind the recent warming trend, then why did they have to hide the data pointing to a cooling trend? And why was there even data pointing to a cooling trend? Does CO2 lose it's ability to trap heat under certain circumstances?

Once again i say, i'm all for being environmentally friendly, so don't get me wrong. I'd rather breath fresh air. But if the warming is manmade, how is it subsiding barring a sudden major reduction in CO2?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Should I look through your posts in the past and see if we can find the equivalent WMD coverup question?

Yes, coverups and corruption is the way of our government and science.

How does one go about getting a grant to do research?

Does one go about it by submitting they are going to disprove what the government wants proven, or do they prove by fraud what the agenda is?

Kind of obvious when you look at it that way.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
But a hoax is intentionally setting out to fool others, to label threads started by ATS members before the emails were leaked would be wrong, because their threads weren't hoaxes. They were presenting what they thought was true information, so that wouldn't be fair.

Incorrect.

Regardless of the intent of the thread starter, if they presented information from a souce that was later discovered to be fraudulent, it should MOST CERTAINLY be labeled a hoax.

A thread starter can pass along hoaxed information without being a party to the hoax, but that doesn't make the hoax any less real, and it should be labeled as such.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by HankMcCoy]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join