It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS label all Global Warming threads as HOAX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
With all of the recent activity on the net about the FACT, that man made Global Warming is a instituted HOAX and perpetuated by the governments of the world to institute TAX AND CONTROL. With the destruction of the DATA and the manipulation of the existing numbers, not to mention Global Governance.

I call for ATS to go back through ALL threads that promote the lie, to be LABELED HOAX

This may take a lot of work on the site's side, but this is a conspiracy site that has a chance to step forward and help stop the madness.

What say you ATS members!

[edit on 12/1/2009 by endisnighe]

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

While I agree that man made global warming has not been proven I dont think it should be labelled a hoax as of yet. We simply dont have enough data to give an indication wether its a natural or man made event. Meteorological observational data doesnt go back far enough to prove either one correct, and while it is true that the data was manipulated (my organisation is one of the departments that had emails in this), it still doesnt mean that its a hoax.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Like the majority of pseudo-facts that shape public opinion and write laws that govern us all the lies get bold face type over the fold and the corrections get a two-line write up on page 9.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I agree, it a biggest hoax of all, e cannot let slide under the rug this time, I used to believe in it when I was a kid but now it seem strange to me, I believe it not the earth.....I believe what causing this is the SUN! we should focus on the sun.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Fair enough, just so we do not end up with a new Global Governance after the Copenhagen Treaty meeting.

We also need to stop the Cap and Tax bill in the senate.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Like the majority of pseudo-facts that shape public opinion and write laws that govern us all the lies get bold face type over the fold and the corrections get a two-line write up on page 9.

I never even thought of that analogy, excellent call.

We need to step forward and demand everywhere this gets top billing, not buried in behind the obituaries on page 50.

Thanks for your post.

1 in agreement 1 against

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceDash
I agree, it a biggest hoax of all, e cannot let slide under the rug this time, I used to believe in it when I was a kid but now it seem strange to me, I believe it not the earth.....I believe what causing this is the SUN! we should focus on the sun.

Thanks for your response.

2 in agreement 1 against

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I call for ATS to go back through ALL threads that promote the lie, to be LABELED HOAX

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't live in the Maldives, Tebua Tarawa or Abanuea, nor do I presume does your sustenance depend on glacial runoff about to be depleted ...

Many folks were too quick to establish GW as scientific certainty ... I would suggest that to quickly jumping to the reverse conclusion du jour, for the simple pleasure of the personal gratitude of a quick "I told you so," would seem just as ill advised, no?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Penn State Will Investigate 'Climategate'
November 30, 2009 02:40 PM ET | Jeff Greer | Permanent Link | Print

Among other things, the Watergate scandal of the 1970s gave us a great naming convention for future scandals. Take "Climategate" at Penn State. That's what people are calling the controversy surrounding leaked E-mails among climate change researchers that climate change opponents say expose the researchers' falsification of data. One Penn State professor is involved in the scandal.

The Penn State administration plans to investigate Climategate and determine if it needs to take further action, the Daily Collegian reports. A little more than a week ago, E-mails exchanged among an English university's climate change researchers were illegally obtained from a server and posted online, the report says.

Climate change opponents say the E-mails indicate that climate change researchers—including Penn State Prof. Michael Mann—exaggerated or fabricated global warming data. And, according to the report, some E-mails indicate that the director of the research unit in question may have contacted researchers and asked them to "delete certain E-mails."

Can we trust them to investigate their own?
www.usnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
[Many folks were too quick to establish GW as scientific certainty ... I would suggest that to quickly jumping to the reverse conclusion du jour, for the simple pleasure of the personal gratitude of a quick "I told you so," would seem just as ill advised, no?

Thats a very good point S-dog makes there, and its quite apparent that some members on ATS have taken this approach.

This is why Ive maintained a neutral stand point since I started working with The Bureau Meteorology. You cant prove long term climatic patterns without supporting evidence that points to the indicators that have the answers. As of yet we dont possess enough or accurate enough data to go either way. The emails are not an indicator that its a hoax, just that some data has either been misinterpreted or manipulated.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

HI sd,

Maldives may last beyond this century:

18 May 2009,
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Kench said his studies of the Maldives show the islands can adjust their shape in response to environmental changes, such as the rising seas and warmer temperatures predicted in the next century.

Kench suggests the islands might move onto their reefs and build vertically, offsetting the potential threat of sea level rises. His research, published together with other scientists from Australia, New Zealand and the Maldives, shows some islands have rebuilt themselves as much as 1.6 feet (49 centimeters) higher. Their studies have been published in recent years in journals including Geology and the Journal of Geophysical Research.

"It's quite convincing work and seems to be quite widely accepted by the scientific community," said Andrew Cooper, a professor of coastal studies at the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland.

"They have detailed geological evidence that this kind of growth has happened before in the past. ... I think the question of the Maldives being completely wiped out may be overstated."

Following the devastating 2004 Asian tsunami, many scientists assumed the Maldives would be damaged. But Kench and his colleagues not only found little evidence of island erosion, but also that the tsunami had washed sediment ashore, making some islands taller than they were before the catastrophe.

some data from satellite pictures and tide measurements suggest sea levels in the Maldives have dropped by as much as 12 inches (30 centimeters).

www.misunderstooduniverse.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All I got to say regarding Global Warming is that it's only about time people saw it for what it is: One Big BS.

Of course, every data is manipulated because there's no such thing as fact. It's only based on perception.

Thousands of years ago people thought the world was flat, then the perception changed and people believe it's round. A few decades, etc. from now the world will be a Sphere.

It's all about perception.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Manmade GW dogman. Not GW and it may not be too soon to rule out GW also.

Climate Change is another totally different matter.

2 agree 2 against

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't live in the Maldives, Tebua Tarawa or Abanuea, nor do I presume does your sustenance depend on glacial runoff about to be depleted ...

Many folks were too quick to establish GW as scientific certainty ... I would suggest that to quickly jumping to the reverse conclusion du jour, for the simple pleasure of the personal gratitude of a quick "I told you so," would seem just as ill advised, no?
you need to remember that the earth change all the times, I heard the south pole is increasing some new ice level somewhere in the news, can't remember where, I heard it two month ago, I remember this year's july isn't very hot but COLD! Wisconsin have a record 45 degree in the middle of JULY! and it still cooler, below 60 the whole time, which prove the government is not telling us the truth about it, it's not global warming but rather "earth climate change"

[edit on 1-12-2009 by IceDash]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You can post all you want on the theories and such, but can everyone give me their view on whether or not the Global Warming alarmist threads should be marked as HOAX.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I agree. Climate change exists but man made global warming is a hoax. I remember a cartoon called captain planet back in the early 90's. It said global warming was going to happen. I remember thinking "how can they predict that."
So when people started talking about it, it rubbed me the wrong way. It always seemed like a fictional story to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I agree. Climate change exists but man made global warming is a hoax. I remember a cartoon called captain planet back in the early 90's. It said global warming was going to happen. I remember thinking "how can they predict that."
So when people started talking about it, it rubbed me the wrong way. It always seemed like a fictional story to me.
LOL

Captain Planet....OH MY GOD...I totally forgot that cartoon!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It seems that you have much invested in your personal belief ...

Do you "believe" in UFOs or should we hoax that topic too? Unless of course you think that there's more incontrovertible evidence for ET visitation than there is for MMGW.

Other than the appearance of ego gratification, I'm not quite sure why you think this topic should be hoaxed ... I suspect you know that it won't but felt like a little self serving attention never hurt. That I can relate to.

Either way, we come to ATS to have these very discussions ... We're conspiracy theorists, not children. To most of us the clincher in any theory (if any btw for it is only a fool who thinks any books are ever closed) isn't dependent on a "hoax" tag.

Though you seem passionate about the whole thingie so I hardly think common sense will impede your momentum. Carry on I guess ...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
To this point in thread.

Manmade global warming

Hoax 3 Not hoax Too early to tell 2 no claim 1

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It seems that you have much invested in your personal belief ...

Do you "believe" in UFOs or should we hoax that topic too? Unless of course you think that there's more incontrovertible evidence for ET visitation than there is for MMGW.

Other than the appearance of ego gratification, I'm not quite sure why you think this topic should be hoaxed ... I suspect you know that it won't but felt like a little self serving attention never hurt. That I can relate to.

Either way, we come to ATS to have these very discussions ... We're conspiracy theorists, not children. To most of us the clincher in any theory (if any btw for it is only a fool who thinks any books are ever closed) isn't dependent on a "hoax" tag.

Though you seem passionate about the whole thingie so I hardly think common sense will impede your momentum. Carry on I guess ...
okay, we do have the hoax thread here...is that childish thing to do?

point is I heard the president of climate change lab is stepping down just now prove something he knew h eis in deep dip trouble sauce now..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join