It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider experiment is being relaunched - right NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
do u guys really know why they are going foward with this?

because they dont have anything more to loose

all these guys just have like 10 20 years left ... some of them, the most respected guys at least ... so really, imagine if you are a cientist ... wouldnt u want to discover one of the most amazing things ever? or die without even testing your LIFE ... since they devote their lives to make and research some theories

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Really I hope it does exactly what people fear it will, I am bored of this awfulness in this world called Earth, I am ready for something better!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If fear held back every great discovery made by man, we'd still be living in the dark ages.

Let this go forward, I think the genius' in there would have a better understanding of this then "Average Joe".

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Dear WishForWings

Just remember it is the geniuses out there that have got us into the s**t we are in now.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Actually, it's more the government who took control of the genius' inventions.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is an Interesting Video-Page about the LHC and Cern.
Hope you enjoy.

Video-Life Link

Video of the restart from the LHC

Click

[edit on 22-11-2009 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'd rather die from something like this, than anything else. If it were to be fatal, this would be the most interesting way to go out. Some of you people fear to many things, go bubble wrap your houses. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even know if something happened.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenYourHead

Agreed, I'd rather die from something cool like this then something boring like cancer.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why is it that only on ATS does the average Joe/Jane think they have any idea what the LHC does and the physics behind it?

A lot of the smartest people in the world are all working together on this project and some of you have the nerve to say that they don't know what they're doing...

Ignorance shouldn't be a reason to panic.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 11/22/2009 by sealteamsix]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Of course they don't know what will happen when they perform the experiment. If they knew what would happen, it wouldn't be research. That's the whole point of research - to see what happens when you do X.

This LHC is huge, by human standards. However, by cosmic standards it's not even a grain of dust. It's an insignificant amount of energy slamming a few hadrons into each other to see what will happen. This takes place all the time. We've got cosmic rays hitting the earth's atmosphere (and therefore, some of its molecules) at much higher energies.

The world isn't going to end. We give ourselves far too much credit for being powerful. The LHC doesn't amount to a fart in a windstorm.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Maybe the Hadron Particle Collider will create a black hole that only sucks in the stupid people that still think ti will actually destroy the earth?

Fingers Crossed

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It will be january before they actually do the crash test. Please see my thread from yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
do u guys really know why they are going foward with this?

because they dont have anything more to loose

all these guys just have like 10 20 years left ... some of them, the most respected guys at least ... so really, imagine if you are a cientist ... wouldnt u want to discover one of the most amazing things ever? or die without even testing your LIFE ... since they devote their lives to make and research some theories

Don't worry dude ,they have really hot wife's and their new rap video is coming out.

oh dam,the LHC just ate my cat !

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well, we could believe you and your elementary views of physics (based on your previous posts in this thread), or we can put our trust in scientist who live for projects like this.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather put my trust in the people who understand and take part in the project, than some over-skeptic ATS users...

EDIT: spelling, again...

[edit on 11/22/2009 by sealteamsix]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

With all due respect ( I think) this entire test is based on the theory that the universe and all it's glory began with 'a fart in the wind'.

It was a tiny particle that began all that we know exists, or so they are trying to prove.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sealteamsix

I put my trust in the scientists that are already working on the several other operational Hadron Colliders in the world (list on a previous page). Correct me if Im wrong but none of them have actually destroyed the world, have they...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sealteamsix

I could not agree more. Just look at that device! It is probably the most complex machine ever built on this planet. The best of the best are involved in this endeavor and it may solve the roadblock that prevents us from a true unified theory of everything, and perhaps an enabler that may save us some day.

This is massive science at it's best and if you think that these scientists are risking anyone's life, then you need a real reality check into why we are all still here to enjoy this anticipated success.

There are so many reasons why we could be gone now, if mainstream science had not stepped up to the plate to ensure our survival. Let's not put a conspiracy out on this thing unless we all read and understand what it was created for.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by chiron613

It was a tiny particle that began all that we know exists, or so they are trying to prove.

And for that they've built the most expensive electromagnet in the freakin world, yeah...

A monument to the savage materialism of western man and his methods of madness.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
One of the big questions about possible aliens life is this...

If there is such a high possibility of other planets bringing forth intelligent life, why have we not found the radio and radar jammed packed with their chatter when we switch on?

One possible answer...

Maybe one final stage in evolution of intelligent life is to be curious about subatomic particles, so every intelligent race ultiimatle builds a Large Hadron Collider which then destroys the civilisation that built it, hence no smart civilisations ever survive more than a couple of thosand years, before they self-destruct.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is a deep trance session from Douglas James Cottrell,he reads the Akashic records.Dont shoot the messenger please.Just thought I would throw it in here.

www.youtube.com...

Cant seem to embed it sorry.

[edit on 23/11/09 by Moreonethananyone]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join