It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider experiment is being relaunched - right NOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The LHC probably pales in comparison to secret projects going on right now. If you believe in black ops projects, that is.

Which I certainly do.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Awesome

It's good to see that they fired up the LHC again, one step closer to finishing their experiment. Hopefully a black hole doesn't come about and cause the Earth to somewhat 'implode'. But if it happens, then it happens.

But I don't think anyone should worry about it. I remember hearing a story that some girl in America, maybe age 14-16 had sex in a toilet with some boy because she ''didn't want to die a virgin'', this happened just before the LHC started up. All the rumours got to her and she got desperate. Oh yeh, someone secretly video taped it from underneath the wall of the cubicle and posted it all over the internet. Poor girl.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteralex

That's a pretty cool simulation -- even if it is an astronomical black hole....... wish they'd have continued the simulation past the event horizon

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I remember it being successful in 2008 and they created a mini black hole.

Huh?

I think you may have misinterpreted that. If they created a black hole, that means they wouldve created a mass so heavy its collapsed in on itself. That also means the Earth wouldve pretty much imploded

Sorry but that is a ridiculous scenario

The International Journal of High-Energy Physics seems to disagree with you:

Microscopic black holes are thus a paradigm for convergence. At the intersection of astrophysics and particle physics, cosmology and field theory, quantum mechanics and general relativity, they open up new fields of investigation and could constitute an invaluable pathway towards the joint study of gravitation and high-energy physics. Their possible absence already provides much information about the early universe; their detection would constitute a major advance. The potential existence of extra dimensions opens up new avenues for the production of black holes in colliders, which would become, de facto, even more fascinating tools for penetrating the mysteries of the fundamental structure of nature.

It should be stated, in conclusion, that these black holes are not dangerous and do not threaten to swallow up our already much-abused planet. The theoretical arguments and the obvious harmlessness of any black holes that, according to these models, would have to be formed from the interaction of cosmic rays with celestial bodies, mean that we can regard them with perfect equanimity.

cerncourier.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This might sound crazy....But I get a strange feeling that if the world is going to end then it would be in an instant. I wouldnt feel it coming and I would be gone so quick that I wouldnt know if my family were safe.
I dont see the world ending in 2012....I feel it would be by design or a major fault....But no one will be to blame because there will be no one to blame.....Am I making sense ?
This collider gives me the creeps, and I usually dont care about most things.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There are just to many unknowns with this project, and yet they move forward with calculations of what may happen or what may not. They are clutching for straws. This is theoretical physics and the potential results grounded in hypothetical data. Perhaps, more thought should have been put into this project, before going forward?

As some have already mentioned, this type of thing may be beyond us, in our evolutionary progression? I have heard ideas of mini black holes forming, strangelets, recreating another universe, unlocking another dimension, and all kinds of horrific events. Like the old saying goes, "Curiosity killed the cat." I wonder if there has been an increase in UFO activity around CERN lately with this particle accelerator back online? Personally, I think these scientists are rolling the dice on guesses. They have no idea, what is in store from their experiments. All they have are equations, but nothing substantive to put the public and other physicists at ease with the results. I wonder if Albert Einstein would sanction such work?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flylead
This collider gives me the creeps, and I usually dont care about most things.

the 'creeps' are from the body ID.
your true essense is indestructible.

scientists limit their own view with their own tools.
they think physics will solve their 'universal mysteries'.
oh, gosh, just a bunch of little kids, still playing with their toys.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by mysteralex]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think the Langoliers Are coming through this time. Remember if you here that annoying crunching sound Then its actually them and so run for your "frigin" life.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
There are just to many unknowns with this project, and yet they move forward with calculations of what may happen or what may not. They are clutching for straws. This is theoretical physics and the potential results grounded in hypothetical data. Perhaps, more thought should have been put into this project, before going forward?

As some have already mentioned, this type thing may be beyond us, in our evolutionary progression? I have heard ideas of mini black holes forming, strangelets, recreating another universe, unlocking another dimension, and all kinds of horrific events. Like the old saying goes, "Curiosity killed the cat." I wonder if there has been an increase in UFO activity around CERN lately with this particle accelerator back online? Personally, I think these scientists are rolling the dice on guesses. They have no idea, what is in store from their experiments. All they have are equations, but nothing substantive to put the public and other physicists at ease with the results. I wonder if Albert Einstein would sanction such work?

I wish I could word my theories like this.....Well put Jake....I totally agree, its a game chance this one, and all humans are in this lotto

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Ah Cheers

Guess you learn something from ATS after all

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

Thanks for the response. I have concerns like you and many others. This project has been shrouded with unknowns since its inception, and still they proceed. I would love to find out what advancements in technology may be provided by such work, but there are two many calamities attached to this project to put me at ease.

I am no physicist, but from what I have read and seen on television, the researchers could open up something diabolical? All this risk, to find the Higgs Boson or "God Particle," as some call it? Or to find out what happened after the "Big Bang," or if there even was a "Big Bang," at Universe's inception? The jury is still out on that one, as well. That is just one hypothesis about how the Universe was formed, and there are other theories, as well. To much chance on this one. However, the project continues amid the concerns from the public and scientific community. So, now we wait.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I also thought I remembered mention of a micro black hole being formed prior to the shut down. Upon research however, I cannot find any news item referencing it. .

The creation of a micro singularity would have been big news! Deja Vu is a funny thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
for some reason I keep thinking of "666" everytime I see the CERN logo....

...just thinking out loud...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oh my God, I am so glad you said that. A mass so heavy it would have collapsed in on itself Imploded. I needed to know that word! I was not sure what it is called when something was trying to do the opposite of explode. Imploding is exactly what was happening to some of my stuff. I was in my van when it started happening, but it didn't complete. It just lifted the floor and deformed the front panel. WTF causes this stuff in someone's home? Is it partly due to the vacuum effect that was created in my home when the sofit vents got filled with insulation and debris? My environmental report said I had negative air pressure from incomplete combustion due to something that was caused by either gravity, attraction or impaction. The man told me he had 6,000 jobs under his belt and he had neither the knowledge or the equipment to tell me what was going on. The EPA told me it was bigger than them and beyond their scope and to call the head of the Massachusetts Radiation Control Program, who told me "If were radiation you'd all be dead". I have been researching all kinds of possible causes for what took place that fall. I don't know much about black holes yet, but I DO know that light reflected differently in our home and there were double shadows that seemed to be caused by a single light source. Not only that, there were these round balls of light that floated around the house too. It seemed they came in pairs, one being larger than the other. So when there were six of them, 3 were larger than the other 3. I often wondered if the smaller one was the daughter of the other, now I wonder if it was it's twin, only smaller. The more I learn, the more questions I have. I am beginning to wonder if I witnessed a black hole. There was definitely something going on in there that was mixing up our environment. There was dust that would fly through the air. I couldn't always see it, but I could feel it when the sharper ones hit me and I could see the results of what it did to certain things in our house. I remember it would skim across the butter and deposit some of it in another part of the room. There was splatter on the walls that seemed to be coming from no particular direction. More like from every direction. Another weird thing was that almost every item in our house with a battery got crooked and the springs would pop out. The springs that held the negative end of the battery. Sorry for the babble...I can't help it I am obsessed! And can not be saved.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I believe our universe is about to be reborn. Every so often an intelligent species creates an LHC, which then creates a strangelet, which then results in a 'big crunch' which then results in a 'big bang' and it all starts over. Oh well was fun while it lasted.

Holy schnikees! Very interesting way to tie it all together....I hope you are wrong.....but in some parallel universe you are right....hope this ain't the one though.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteralex

The girl I saw on the video here on ATS said that collider serves to open certain gates. And behind them - there are interested third parties. Waiting

From a religious stand point, this is certainly a confidence builder.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bebd9c3c4f19.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wait a minute - there was a guy on ATS a few days ago who said that once the black hole was formed that we'd have 37 seconds before it enveloped the Earth...well, I'm planning on using those 37 seconds for some very last minute stuff...so I'd better get a red-light warning on my Bat-buzzer.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Anybody out there have a timeline on when this is going down?
I mean, I know that the experiment is occuring right now, but they are currently reporting on twitter stuff about intervention of circulatory beams and how they are going to refire another.

Just curious if anyone knows how long this process is going to take?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Accelerators in Particle Physics

Might be interesting to head over and check out the list of particle accelerators up until now. The LHC is not new technology.

I posted that link once, and got called a disinformation agent

Its not my fault that particle accelerators already exist, and have existed and operated for a long time

yes thats true

but I think the difference between this and the others ... are the power it will generate and the sensors ...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join