It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider experiment is being relaunched - right NOW!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I can't believe it!
People are still speaking as if the Earth is going to be enveloped in a black hole now that the experiment has been successfully ran!
Holy smokes!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well hope nothing bad comes from the LHC. If it does we'll be all in the same boat. When that boat sinks then all of us will. But I can't understand, of how a tiny blackhole can turnout to be stronger stronger and stronger, and self sustaining. All starting from 2 particles colliding into each other.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think they feel a tinge of disappointment that it didn't happen. Now what are the anti-progress crowd going to complain about or rail against?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

Hey Daisy, long time no see. How are ya?

Yeah, I really feel as if a lot of people don't read the thread they are posting in at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Hey Daisy, long time no see. How are ya?

Yeah, I really feel as if a lot of people don't read the thread they are posting in at all.

Hey Brother! I've missed our chats. Will send a u2u later tonight to catch up with you

You're right -- and I think they don't read it so that they don't have to change their opinions.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You're right -- and I think they don't read it so that they don't have to change their opinions.

BINGO!!! I swear I have had debates with people on this site that keep spouting the same thing over and over even though it has been addressed every time. I agree, I think people just post their opinion without trying to find facts as they might disrupt their own little fantasy world.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hey there! This could be worthy of its own thread, but now its stated that the LHC has set a NEW ENERGY RECORD. Its engineers increased its pilot beam to 1.18 TRILLION electrical/electron VOLTS. Its beaten the previour record set by the Tevatron accelerator (0.98trillion) Whats pretty imppresive is that the article i read said its going to operated up to 7 Trillion volts by 2010! Thats a huge leap in speed in a short time, and makes me realise why some people mention Alien Tech.

[edit on 30/11/09 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

My biggest worry about the LHC is not the whole "black hole" thing. At this current record voltage the proton beam can bore a 40m hole in a copper block in a fraction of a second. My fear is what happens when we hit 7 million volts and something goes wrong with the beam.

A semi-nuclear melt down?

Sure call me a worry wart but the LHC has been anything but devoid of problems.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

your avatar gives me a headache.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
# numbers. I'm worried about a portal. Hello Peter revelation claimed hell opening. hate to be a bible thumper on this one.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Could you please be more specific. I think I would remember reports of someone creating a black hole. I checked and from what I could find the energy required to create one has only now become reachable by the LHC

"Some theories involving additional space dimensions predict that micro black holes could be formed at an energy as low as the TeV range, which will be available in particle accelerators such as the LHC (Large Hadron Collider)" B.J. Carr and S.B. Giddings, "Quantum black holes

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Trial and error is the way to evolve scientifically. If the scientists funded by the governments are allowed to do such a thing, I would believe they've done sufficient research in the subject of black holes and other possible 'game-breaking' byproducts of the experiment.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

And it did around here! Maybe not as drastically as you would think. But things pitted and dented and popped outward. Many metal guard rails especially near water and wetlands bent and leaned over or rather, sank toward the water and stayed that way. Many vehicles and aluminum sided houses got pings and pops in them. And the fibrous material embedded in so much of the textiles. Something happened BIG but, who knows where it came from.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yes, that's right A Semi Nuclear Meltdown. Witnessed it myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissyMadly
reply to post by DaMod

Yes, that's right A Semi Nuclear Meltdown. Witnessed it myself.

So nothing happened and they powered it up...what a surprise

....and what are you on about?

-Kyo

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join