It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrastriality: The Birth of a New Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

"You are also thinking of the world from the standpoint of an Extraterrestrialist."

Of course I am. I'm Native American. For my people, there never was a UFO or ET truth embargo. This is something we've known and believed in since thousands of years ago. Matter of fact, I can remember talking about the Star People with family members, uncles and aunts from the age of nine.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by nethawk]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
If the Church "acknowledges" that ET exists, then he is a creation of God, and the Church wont lose any sheep.

It's all about religious power.

The Church has done this on countless occasions... from many other religeins. It's true they don't want their herd to grow smaller, so keep spoonfeeding them and they won't leave. If they were to stop spoonfeeding, the herd of sheep would rapidly decrease in number, as they seek other sources...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk

"You are also thinking of the world from the standpoint of an Extraterrestrialist."

Of course I am. I'm Native American. For my people, there never was a UFO or ET truth embargo. This is something we've known and believed in since thousands of years ago. Matter of fact, I can remember talking about the Star People with family members, uncles and aunts from the age of nine.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by nethawk]

I envy you Native American dudes. You guys have the most fun and awesome stories.

I don't think I can take part in this religion. Just because they exist doesn't mean I would worship them. I would love to have a grey friend, though.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There is no need to worship them as material things ,the very cosmos , the logos suitable to worship , The images of Hubble alone fill my fish-like soul with awe and reverence,

the ancient Gods WERE real , I have come to this conclusion as I sit in deep meditation, listening to "Dreamscape" by 009 Sound System

Yes , they were real , the cosmos is ONE being you MUST understand , you need to think of life as a river , that constantly flows and moves us, regardless of what we think or how hard we try to swim against the current , like all rivers it WILL empty out into the sea , where we will rejoin the cosmos , the very force that gave us life in the first place

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Hello Hank, I am new here and bumped into your article, i have my own opinions which i will try to explain.. i came here to (deeply) discuss truth's. A new thread is not possible, unless i reply 20 times. Maybe people want to discuss this, then PM me.. Now, Hank, that aside:

Extraterrestrialism is nothing special, just a fancy word for 'finally knowing the truth'

Just as soon as governments acknowledge the history and maybe current existence of "aliens", and that they have maybe be in contact with the aliens, the whole world will start discussing on tv, at home, at work, everywere.. They will discuss whether (former) conspiracy theory "A" is fully or partially true, whatever the outcome, it is TRUE...
Many theory's will be proven true, some will also be proven not true.
For example, A picture came to my attention. Also when i conduct my own little research, i soon discover piramid shaped silouets on official archived nasa apollo pictures taken on the moon.
The following intrigued me, and could explain many things. *click* to see the picture, set time to 5m 45s to see explanation and picture.

By being in contact with the alien species, the 'secret' people learn(ed) many things about Planet Earth.. its own history and what happened on the surface.

for example, how the planet was created, and maybe even why..
also how piramids are build... oh yeah: and why. which could explain the picture we saw earlier.
And that the alien species is or has been living on the moon. Actually, maybe the alien species has evolved from the same materials which also landed on earth, during the meteor shower that occured bilions of years ago and lasted for millions of years. Recently Nasa finally announced a 40 year old discovery: there is water on the moon. This means it probably has been there for about billions of years.

In my opinion: the moon once had an atmosphere. Exactly the same as earth atmosphere. The Moon is beautiful, but it is an accident: it is a result of two planets colliding: yes a planet collided with earth, a chance of one in a trillionquazillion... with that collision the two atmospheres merged from the two planets, to one atmosphere, and all gasses and materials mixed.. the core of the planet shrunk and attracted dust and other materials, which eventually created the surface of the moon (click)

The moon took a part of the atmosphere with him. thanks to the mixure of gasses and materials, the moon and earth now have about the same materials to start help evoluting biological materials. Both planet grow life.
Billions of years everything is ok. But the Moon and its atmosphere are small and running out of essential materials.

What happened to evolved creatures, maybe the highly intelligent creatures found a way to travel to earth, to try and survive: Piramides there, later here. What important is NASA hiding?

Sorry.. hypnotised by thought.. A new religion..

All i initially wanted to say was: there will be a time, not our lifetime, but some time.. there will only be one "religion" and that will be called simply: the truth..

The people in the future will not know the definition of religion and its brands and types. God(s), Boeddha(s), Allah(s) and many will be explained within the truth.

The truth is kept from us, becaus they think "we" as "mankind" are not ready for it, when looked from an evolutionary aspect.
When looked from a scientific angle, we are more then ready.

Hank, i am sorry, i don't support your idea of a new religion when the truth finally comes out.

For me, religion is a sum of unprovable twisted story's based on something real.
After the truth comes out, those story's are straight up

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Was going to ignore this thread as I see as a rant and on the opposite side of topics that interest me. But then there was this in the OP:

6. Can you "pray" to the Extraterrestrials?

There are many threads on ATS giving detailed descriptions of what appear to be prayer like rituals focused on Extraterrestrial contact. Many people claim to receive sacred knowledge from the Extraterrestrials.

Meditation, all kinds, chakra meditation, affirmations, connecting to higher self, prayer to Creator (sort of the source of all including us and ets) and that part only if you have faith, which I do, and waking up to who you are truly in source, is not a religion. Requires no church. No cult. No group. But those that have had experiences and networked with many who have experiences, they're going to share it. Because this planet needs to change, and people need some back bone, and they need to do it before anyone depopulates any more precious people.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is demeaning and only meant to provoke "believers", which I'd rather call knowers.

I don't believe in dogma or anything not substantiated by evidence(evidence, not proof), I don't believe in aliens for no reason, I've got tonnes of reasons for believeing that aliens are visiting us.

A change is coming, I've noticed it.. when the majority of the grey mass finally accept evidence of aliens(or extradimensionals, whatever) the rest will blindly follow and conform.

The switch from the masses not believing in aliens at all, to believing: "well, the universe is so huge, they have to exist" has already happened.

Now I'm waiting for the next step.

Also, I find it irritating that you as a "rational skeptic" fail to realize that you're making leaps of faith yourself when you dismiss all the evidence and confidently proclaim that aliens have never ever visited us.
Really, how can you know for sure? What divination techniques do you know of?

Originally posted by nethawk

What is it about indigenous people and common sense? The "savages" are not really savage at all when compared to the rest of civilisation, which is pretty much insane.. and not civilised at all.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
With disclosure at hand the Vatican is in complete panic mode. They are preemptively attempting to stop this new religion you speak of. Blatantly obvious watching the recent movement in the Vatican to solidify it's stance on ETs and how we are 'all God's children". If the Vatican fails to bring ETs under the umbrella of the church all is lost as the ETs will be God.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ufology and Aliens as a religion, this does sound like something from the flower power era.

Seriously though, Extraterrestrials are just another species which is either slightly more or less advanced depending on what time line you prefer to place them. As far as ufology, well lets say there is a 5% of public known knowledge, then there is that 2%, that 2% is what separates fact from fiction.

In conclusion, out of the billions of stars out there, we are not alone. Deal with it and be prepared for its going to be fun and games in the beginning but when its our time to seek our seat amongst the stars we will need to fight for our right as a species amongst other species.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by tristar]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Everybody Gather round. Today for a very limited time I am giving away Special UFO Necklaces for the low price of $9.99...

Looking for something else, maybe something for your home. Well just in today I have UFO Mantle Decorations starting at $19.95...

Show your support for the visitors above today!!!

All I need is for someone to be abducted and write a book about the aliens almighty word and Im in business.

Anyone interested in making some money and gaining power by controlling people through fear and intimidation?

[edit on 16-11-2009 by CowboyDrifter]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just have one question, and the answer, any answer, will have to be an opinion.
The "extra's"....
What would their religion be?
(within the definition of religion given in a prior posting on this thread)

[edit on 16-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I just have one question, and the answer, any answer, will have to be an opinion.
The "extra's"....
What would their religion be?

They do not believe in any religion, their religion is the expansion as a species.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't think that meeting a new 'Alien' race or even hoping for Aliens would lead to a new religeon forming, but at the moment it seems like a new age religeon, Like Hank said 'Lots of names' all profaning the 'good news'.
Sometimes it borders obsession , similar to organised religeon, it harbours predjudices , as does religeon, it also has its ignorances, as does relgieon so there are many similarities.

Only the most 'instituationalised' religeous people , that Aliens making themselves known to us would feel threatened or that their beliefs are shattered, religeon over the years has adjusted itself to acclimatise new information , Aliens are no different, but mainly people who believe that God created Man in his image have more to fear, its not fear as such, more like embarassement as they realise they were wrong ( if it is the case). But they'll get over it in the end.
I personally have seen a UFO , but not an 'Alien', even if I were to meet one, I certainly wouldn't end up on bended knee proclaiming my soul or Earthy posessions to it.
Two of the main 'virtues' that religeon of ALL types has seemed to forgotten is Tolerance and Understanding of others who do not share your beliefs.
There is simply the 'my way or the highway' attitude, 'I'm right and your wrong'. There is no meeting in the middle and certainly NO discussions about it, it simply boils down to 'Holy Crusades or Jihads' these days.

If an ET where to make itself known to me, I would ( hopefully not poop my pants first) like to know what they believe in, how they live their lives, but most people think their religeons (if any) are the real truth when religeon is or should be listening to you own moral codes, sure you can listen to others but if you don't find or 'feel' a connection then it probably isn't for you.

I don't think I would freak out to find that Mankind as a race was created by Aliens and not a God type figure, or to find out that Jesus was an Alien, or that there is no singular Human God type being and I certainly wouldn't think that Aliens would force me to believe what they believe like some people on Earth are trying to do, I think they would have found a happy medium, a middle of the road attitude to understanding and tolerating others beliefs which I think they have because they haven't destroyed themselves as we are trying to. And maybe sometimes, a persons personal beliefs coincide with the Aliens religeons?
After al religeon is about personal choice isn't it?

I for one would welcome them but we have been programmed over the years with TV films about bad aliens , we would distrust them, view them with suspsicion and paranoia, but ONE thing could sway or repulse the people, and thats the old saying 'Actions speak louder than words'.
If they showed they wanted to help us and help us they could, then the people would not only appreciate them but they would welcome them, but should the people be played false, then any Aliens coming here would have an uphill struggle , and the people would be looking for mistakes, for a reason to tell them they're not wanted.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

God No (Pardon The Pun)- Do we really need another one???
Another faction to put us at odds with each other; which is exactly where the NWO wants us.

How about worshiping different races as a religions, sexual preference or dog breeds?

Please.........

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Aside from what self-appointed “experts” may tell us as to what UFOs are or are not, what they represent and who – if anyone – is piloting them, the actual subject matter is, as far as I’m concerned, real and verifiable.

However, I have no idea what UFOs are and - as I have never seen one - cannot therefore logically offer my judgment as to their provenance as to what do I compare it?

Many of those that do insist that they know categorically what UFOs are, are (in my opinion) speaking from a personal perspective and not knowledge. They are creating a reality from a brief, perhaps beneficial, and ultimately incomprehensible event. What they are doing is aligning themselves to the “cargo cult” mentality. Here’s a Wikipedia definition for ease of explanation:

A cargo cult is a type of religious practice that may appear in traditional tribal societies in the wake of interaction with technologically advanced, non-native cultures. The cults are focused on obtaining the material wealth of the advanced culture through magical thinking, religious rituals and practices, believing that the wealth was intended for them by their deities and ancestors.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, we can legitimately exchange the words “tribal societies” with “western civilizations” to make it relevant to us. The technological level of these alleged extraterrestrial visitors seems to bear out Arthur C. Clarke’s observation that alien equipment and knowledge may well appear to us as near magical.

“Material wealth” could also be altered to “spiritual” wealth as a backlash to a world that seems to have lost its moral way (though the amount of claims about reverse engineered technology makes me believe that exotic, free and labor saving technology could also be just as important to our materialistic society).

“Magical thinking” is easily identifiable as the “revealed knowledge” of the alien visitors. There are already “prophets” of this knowledge, and have been for over fifty years. Alien contactee “gurus” are ten-a-penny, and many of them post on ATS.

“Religious rituals and practices” becomes the obsequious real or virtual gatherings of “believers” (a phrase I find offensive as it deliberately isolates anyone who doesn’t “believe” the party line and disallows freedom of thought). Being a true skeptic, I am willing to have my present opinions changed – or at least altered - by logical thought, strong evidence and rational argument. I will not accept everything I hear to be the truth, and can listen with an open mind to others’ viewpoints. That cannot be said for the hardcore “believers”, as they are adamant that they – or more aptly, their leaders - are correct, and damn any other opinion. Try this site for blinkered, pseudo-religious, alien based, sci-fi propaganda (a really polished cargo cult):

www.ashtarcommandcrew.net...

“Deities and ancestors” is self-explanatory. Do a search for threads about alien Gods on ATS and stand back for the avalanche of results.

Every UFO cult/religion is a form of a cargo cult. This is because unfortunately, some humans who have experienced the UFO phenomenon in one of its many forms will go on to:

…imitate the superficial exterior of a process or system without having any understanding of the underlying substance…
en.wikipedia.org...

and become adamant that they are right, and indeed entitled, to regale us with their newfound “knowledge”. What they are in fact doing is trying to gain an understanding of this unexpectedly new and invasive process of thought by creating a system of belief that will explain their experience comfortably and, perhaps, to their benefit. Many will say that seeing UFOs changed them spiritually; it does not necessarily follow that UFOs are spiritual in nature, rather we as a species are programmed to look on the unusual and unexplainable as spiritual.

And of course, if you can explain convincingly and seemingly truthfully what UFOs are - adding that all important mystical and self-righteous spin - and others “believe” you, then you are instantly put in a position of power.

And isn’t power the base of all religions?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey Beamish, long time no see, and good explanation of 'Cargo culting' I always wondered what kind of religeon it would make , now I know.
Thanks.

And I agree with people wanting a free ride to material wealth, well all I can say it good luck to them, oh and to add you can't take it with you when you die, but in my mind I don't want to die rich, I'd rather die happy in the knowledge that I helped Mankind or even helped a little bit of it by helping friends and family and a few odd strangers .
I will be content and in that I can die without worry. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that material wealth will make them popular, and with our community in particular UFO's can make them rich, I'd rather be respected than ridiculed.
Aliens could help us, but would they seeing as we probably would use any technology for greed purposes than productive ones.

Cargo cult , I'll remember that one, but I still prefer the 'Don't be Guru'd' line from another thread.

And I for one would like to actually learn knowledge than to imitate knowledge, that way you can be sure of not embarassing yourself when somebody smarter than you asks you a question.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As my last post implies - the fundamental difference between alien hunting and god hunting is that the former is real science, and the latter is supernatural and not part of science.

So what if lunatics run around claiming their cow was abducted?

None of the lunacy makes searching for extraterrestrials a religion.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

what does this have to do with aliens now????

isn't it more likely advanced crafts from countrys on this earth?

and to the OP i completely agree, it already is becoming a religion. i see so many threads from kids on here "i cant wait for disclosure, how the aliens will save us, the aliens will come to save us from our evil governments"

i believe in ufo's and am open to the possibility of extraterrestrial life having visited and/or visiting our planet, but the people who completely believe in "aliens" and wait for a rapture are clearly just religious followers, and belief like this in aliens should be classified as such. religious hope. want for a savior.

a lot of these people dis on more orthodox religious folks too, which i think is silly.

whether you look up to the sky for an alien to come save you or jesus, it dopesnt matter, its the same cop out of an individual to take away from human meaning and place hopes and matters in a world that doesnt exist to hide from the reality of the situation we're in on this earth.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by whateverponcho]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Hi DataWraith.

That we – or more correctly some of us – do worship aliens is a given. Type in alien religion into the net and just start reading; it’s a whole Kent Brockman “I for one welcome our new ant Overlords” scenario.

These new forms of faith are no different to the myriad others we have already concocted, and offer nothing truly new in the form of salvation or belief. In fact, all they ask for is belief and the salvation will, apparently, follow. Din’tcha know there’re huge ships of the coast of Saturn just waiting for the word to come save us all?

However, the unique selling point for these new religions is that they can utilize highly convincing, easily accessible evidence of this unique and ongoing phenomenon that they can easily manipulate to fit their own criteria, if their creed is questioned. And that is something that every other faith/testimony-based creed lacks. When was the last time a blurry photograph of Jesus was plastered across the internet?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

As my last post implies - the fundamental difference between alien hunting and god hunting is that the former is real science, and the latter is supernatural and not part of science.

Absolutely correct. Nevertheless, isn’t it fair to say that we are ostensibly hard-wired –erroneously or not - to seek God everywhere? And why would good science stop those who choose to blatantly project a mantle of divinity onto what would presumably and logically be highly advanced - as opposed to divine – beings visiting us, from using science as a prop for their beliefs?

So what if lunatics run around claiming their cow was abducted?

The problem is that those lunatics are heard way and above those who have had real experiences or who do real research, and therefore taint truly important data with the same level of idiocy.

None of the lunacy makes searching for extraterrestrials a religion.

No, but the lunacy of assuming that visitors to our planet are somehow godly in nature is – unfortunately – borne out by my comparison of alien religion to cargo cults; some humans will look upon technology or philosophy or abilities that exceed our own by inconceivable measures as nothing other than the product of celestial enlightenment.

It’s already happening.

What we do not have is the defining evidence – a Rosetta stone of information - to which we can measure all UFO related incidents, hence be able to decode what, who and why they are coming here.

And until we have that facility, the interpretation of all UFO phenomena is open to any explanation, no matter how ludicrous, viable or persuasive it may be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join