It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Uses Fake, 'Sexy' Photos of Sarah Palin on Air; Will Network Correct and Apologize?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

MSNBC Uses Fake, 'Sexy' Photos of Sarah Palin on Air; Will Network Correct and Apologize?

newsbusters.org

On Friday's edition of Morning Meeting, host Dylan Ratigan featured fake photos of Sarah Palin during a mocking segment on why Americans are fascinated with the former vice presidential candidate. While listing the show’s top ten reasons, Ratigan showed a doctored photo of Palin’s head on the bikini-clad body of a woman holding a weapon.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.snopes.com
patterico.com
www.freerepublic.com
www.mrc.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was curious to share this, especially over the Fox News story that was posted several days ago, claiming Hannity used footage from another rally in a story he did.

Using the wrong footage can be explained as an error or mistake, because the host was not the one who does the editing, but I feel it is a bit different when a news organization uses photo's they had to know were faked.

I am curious to see how the tide flows on this, because this was a blatant assault on someones' integrity by a major news organization, not just a film editors error.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I completely agree he should admit that the photographs were fake. I didn't see the clip but according to the article you linked, he did not make this clear.

An apology should be issued.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Personally i'm not sure if "America is fascinated" with Palin. I know i'm sure not.

I think it's more like the news channels are "fascinated" with her, especially MSNBC apparently, not to mention David Letterman in his nightly monologue.

All it does is get more people curious about reading her book. She'll probably laugh all the way to the bank.

Hannity apologized on the air for the bogus footage. I doubt MSNBC will do anything, they are the official Obama LoveFest network after all.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
am i the only one who wants to see these pics!?! haha, but seriously, im not a palin fan... she is better then mccain, im still not a huge fan. regardless, they owe her an opology

nevermind, the pics are there in video

[edit on 14-11-2009 by srslyguyz]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I agree. And I did search quite a while for a redaction or apology, and found nothing. I waited some hours, also, just in case.

Sean Hannity did apologize, so I am wondering if MSNBC will. I think they will try to claim they were making a point about Fox News, but I just cannot draw a parallell between the two, they seem much different to me.

These pics have been around more than a minute, too, and I think they are easily recognized as fakes. At least maybe, to someone that lives outside MSNBC's bubble.

The one big mistake I see though, is that she is no longer a public official, but a private person, so there may be some vague legal lines about the legality of this showing on televison. Not sure, but it was a talking point.

edit for typo

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
IIRC, this photo was circulated during the Presidential election. To my knowledge, it was never supposed to be anything but a satire. I'm not sure what MSNBC is doing, but I wonder whether they intended this to be satirical, as opposed to real news.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I saw that fake photo a long time ago. While I thought it was hot! Heh, Naked or near naked women with guns is a turn on to me,
I recognized that it obviously wasn't Sarah Palin's body under that interesting face and hair. The body was way too much firm and curvy from what I saw of the pics of her in a beauty contest. Meanwhile, a guy can dream, eh?

I expect no apology. I expect a word or two about how it was obviously a fake photo and it was all being brought to our attention, long after it was orginally surfaced. But an apology? Nope.

It's all a damn game for these "journalists" anyway. They will get away with what they can. The truth be damned.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
IIRC, this photo was circulated during the Presidential election. To my knowledge, it was never supposed to be anything but a satire. I'm not sure what MSNBC is doing, but I wonder whether they intended this to be satirical, as opposed to real news.

I do agree. It is different hearing it, I would imagine, than reading. I found one short clip of it on youtube, and they were laughing, so at this point it is hard to say. It certainly would not be the first time people laughed at Sarah Palin.

One wold think, however, that it would be commented on that it was satire, but I am not sure what's required in that respect.

I will keep trying to find an entire clip, and link back to it if I can.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm not fascinated with her; I just hate her.

It's also inaccurate that she's 'the only one in the republican party drawing crowds' uh....forget Ron Paul?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You got it backwards libertygal

NO
You can *NOT* "Accidently" Splice footage
or when was the last time you accidently wrote a book?

Now, using a mocking fake picture in an obviously mocking piece? Erm... would you be suprised to learn that neither bush nor obama had small mustaches underneath their noses, and all those pictures were faked???
Do you think apologies are needed for that?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Link with video

Seems the website used the bikini picture. In the video i see the leather skirt pic (which is also fake) is back too. It's the one in the middle of the three posted.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
You got it backwards libertygal

NO
You can *NOT* "Accidently" Splice footage
or when was the last time you accidently wrote a book?

Now, using a mocking fake picture in an obviously mocking piece? Erm... would you be suprised to learn that neither bush nor obama had small mustaches underneath their noses, and all those pictures were faked???
Do you think apologies are needed for that?

I do believe that someone could make a mistake in editing footage from rallies. I do not profess to know the inner workings of the Fox film editing studio. Each is welcome to their opinion.

That said, I have seen lots of mocking news pieces that didn't resort to using this tactic. Mocking has a lot of different meanings. People did it to Bush for years without using fake photos.

So using fake photos is ok to mock someone on a news show? Mind you, not a non-news station, like Fox? You support this?

From the story:

The host never admitted or addressed the fact that his network was passing off counterfeit pictures to his viewers. Earlier in the segment, Ratigan displayed an image of Palin in a short, black mini-skirt. This photo is also not real.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thank you for the link to the video.

After watching it, I am not sure it is so different, in element, than the Fox News one. I am still out on the apology thing, too. I think another poster had it correct when they said MSNBC may comment on using fake photo's, but that's about all.

I do think it enters cloudy waters, though, since she is not a public official anymore.

I am curious as to what her (Palin's) stance is on the clip.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by bg_socalif

The one big mistake I see though, is that she is no longer a public official, but a private person, so there may be some vague legal lines about the legality of this showing on televison. Not sure, but it was a talking point.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Libertygal]

No way can Sarah Palin claim to be a private person! She's still seeking publicity, still selling her book, still giving her opinions on political matters. As far as I am aware, she is still thinking about running for President in 2012. That's how shy and retiring she is!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

Good points, and also going on a book tour. Like I said not sure how it would work, as I do not see her as a public official. A public personality, for sure. Almost seems there is no difference anymore!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They didn't need to fake any pictures, Sarah Palin IS HOT in her own rights. I do understand it's supposed to be a funny segment and the pic of her holding a gun was done for kicks but they should have made the pic more obvious that it was a fake. Unlike the pics we took when she partied with us at Mardi Gras. Can you say " Throw Me Something Mister!"

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if she's considered a public figure or private person, networks cannot legally defame someone. This was intentionally false and it was intended to hurt her professional reputation... that's all one needs for a lawsuit. I'm surprised she hasn't sued them yet... I would have.

[edit on 14/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Oh, c'mon! These photos have been around and everybody already knows their fakes.....you even said the piece "mocked" Pallin. They were making funof her.
Hannity, on the other hand, was trying to be deceptive by airing the fake footage to get people riled up and excited by Bachmann. Sad thing is, the people he was trying to decieve were his own party. Lame.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
YOu have totally spun this. Read the article, it is about how people crucify Palin and they used the photos as evidence, citing they were faked.

c'mon people.

This thread is total bunk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join