It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim kids 'attack boy for eating salami'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Muslim kids 'attack boy for eating salami'

news.ninemsn.com.au

An 11-year-old boy Sydney boy has claimed he was attacked by a group of Muslim students because he brought a salami sandwich to school during Ramadan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Man - how bad is this getting???

What frustrates me is the double standards we acquiesce to. We are not allowed to use the term 'Christmas' anymore, as it has a religious base and could offend those from other religions. We have to say 'Happy Holidays' now instead.

What if I'm offended by the term 'Ramadan'? Doesn't that have religious connotations as well?

Why do we not consider what would happen if we reverse the situation. Do you think strict Islamic countries would tolerate us if we went there and bullied people out of practising 'normal' day to day habits or traditions? If we bullied girls wearing burqas, or bullied men who grew beards? Surely we'd be locked up?

Rewey

news.ninemsn.com.au

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Slightly off on a tangent - religion just seems to cause more harm than good. It pits one against the other. People kill because of it.

It's unbelievable how not too many people see this.

Because of these kid's religion, they're inciting violence on another person. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being religious in the first place?

Sometimes I really wonder if these religions were put here to purposely subjugate us (sorry for the redundancy).

Jeez.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
For christ sake the pig is already dead and we can eat whatever we #ing want to, so stop #ing complaining you idiotic religious people. Arghhhhh!!!! The stupid burns!!!! Arghhhhhh!!!!!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey

What frustrates me is the double standards we acquiesce to. We are not allowed to use the term 'Christmas' anymore, as it has a religious base and could offend those from other religions. We have to say 'Happy Holidays' now instead.

What if I'm offended by the term 'Ramadan'? Doesn't that have religious connotations as well?

Why do we not consider what would happen if we reverse the situation. Do you think strict Islamic countries would tolerate us if we went there and bullied people out of practising 'normal' day to day habits or traditions? If we bullied girls wearing burqas, or bullied men who grew beards? Surely we'd be locked up?

Rewey

news.ninemsn.com.au

You are not allowed to say Christmas anymore? jeez where do you come from?
Hell we should chop these fanatics in pieces and decorate the christmas tree with it...

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Rewey

news.ninemsn.com.au

I don't know what is wrong with people these days, seriously I feel either something is wrong with me, or something is wrong with people such as your self, let's find out right now because I'm sick of it.

I understand the fact that the kid who got attacked was the victim, if the story is true. But how the hell did you turn it around and setup the stage for revenge and retribution.

Do you think the individuals who attack the kid did something wrong?
Does the law agree with you? What is the punishment for such an attack?
Do you agree with the law? What do you think the punishment for such an attack be?

Answer these question, you don't have to publish it on ATS, answer it in your own head and post your thoughts here.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

A couple years back some buisnisess decided that their employees could not say "Merry Christmas" to customers as it "offended" non-Christians, instead they were encouraged to say "happy holidays". It was a controversy that lasted a while. The store I worked at encouraged it but didn't fire anyone over it. I think that is what the poster was talking about.

Edit: here in the U.S. for me (colorado) sorry I didn't clarify that.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's not a case of laws being broken. Laws do not function as they should. There are always exceptions and victims of laws. The whole freaking (in)justice system is a mockery of what it claims to be. When religion is added to the mix, all common sense evaporates and heresy dictates.

Originally posted by oozyism
Do you think the individuals who attack the kid did something wrong?

Yes.

Does the law agree with you?

It doesn't matter what the law states when 11 year olds are fighting about sandwiches. This is not an instance where laws should apply - only common sense should be used.

What is the punishment for such an attack?

The attackers should be dealt with. They should apologise and be whacked across the arse for being little pricks.

Laws and religions, ultimately, will be the downfall of humans on this planet. How ironic, that the two systems set to control us, will divide us into oblivion.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow, now the media is using conflicts between kids to justify racism against Muslims?

One would think any adult would be mature enough to handle the situation without making it into a religion/race issue, even if it is to the kids. They're children.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
first thing we have to do away with is the strictness in which young men are kept from fighting when growing up these days...

When I was in public school and we are only going back to like late 70's early 80's

I would have growing up in the NYC school system picked up a chair and broke one of their faces with it... I was in a fight every week and that's how you dealt with "gangs" be they punks or religious groups etc... even as young as 8 i was dishing out lessons to anyone who felt like picking on me...

It was those years specifically that they started busing kids to mix them together including Muslim, Black Latino and They Hated the white kids and did seek to team up ...

But in those years you were legally allowed to defend yourself, they never did anything to me beyond detention...

These days a 10 year old will go to Juvee and get raped for lifting his hands to DEFEND himself... it's sickening, our boys don't even know how to fight....

Sorry in advance...

But there is only one way to deal with a situation like this... Violence.

About 5 years ago while still in NY a neighbors kid hit my son for Talking to his ISLAMIC sister (my son was 5 at the time)

I went next door and the Father gave me an attitude like it was okay...

He shut the metal gate on me but he had to call the cops before I was done, I told him next time it happened i'd kill a member of his family while he watched...

Needless to say they never ever even Looked at me again...

Sorry to the peaceful and i'm a pretty peaceful guy actually...

But when your so brainwashed by society you don't let it be known by ACTION and WORD that you will defend your wife and kids with your life...then your screwed they might as well have lobotomized you and clipped your balls too....

If I was this kids dad I'd have inserted a Whole Salami where the sun doesn't shine on one of the kids parents to demonstrate a point.... and he'd be too scared to mention it when I was done...

Some will say.... it's just kids and blah blah... but the parents condone it in these cases and you have no choice as I see it, they hurt or intimidate your kid, you do it back to them 10 fold, there simply is no choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think this will become more commonplace. Radical Islamic Ideology (to be fair, Radical Any-Religion Ideology, but Islam is worst) is a mental disorder, plain & simple.

Not to disgust vegetarians, but if you DO eat meat, why is eating pig so bad. I had some today. It was delicious, with some horseradish, yum.

And didn't God / Allah create the pig? Well If God / Allah created the pig, which is an unholy beast, then he also could have created something else unholy: the Koran.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just for the record Pig is a disgusting animal anyway...

and before anyone bags me on the race or religion issue, as a jew I handled the orthodox kids in my neighborhood the same way if they tried playing gang up... it's not about that. It's just self defense.

Any Psychologist will tell you victims have certain qualities and characteristics, mainly an unwillingness or fear of fighting for starters, it shows in body language...

We are raising our boys to be a bunch of Marys... it's wrong. Group of kids attacks another kid and he is afraid to get a bit extreme to make the point? that's not good!!!!! One of those kids should have gotten a spork from the cafeteria or pencil in his face.... and it STOPS right there... Just jam a pencil right into one of there hands,.... the bullying ends that instant.

It sounds all violent right?

It's not, it avoids violence and makes for respect in the long run... all telling kids they can't fight does is empower bullys and gangs because they don't care...

It's sort of like Gun laws (also moronic)

Because you know...if your the type who wants to get up on a Bell tower with a rifle you really care about the extra year you will get for an illegal fire arm right? LOL... sure it deters innocent people from fighting back... but not goof balls and nut jobs, they just don't care or aren't aware they understand one thing...HARM and the threat of it happening to them...

This kid wouldn't have gotten beaten up if he wasn't too scared to fight.... period, end of story.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Not to disgust vegetarians, but if you DO eat meat, why is eating pig so bad. I had some today. It was delicious, with some horseradish, yum.

And didn't God / Allah create the pig? Well If God / Allah created the pig, which is an unholy beast, then he also could have created something else unholy: the Koran.

From what I know about Islam they don't eat pigs because they say pigs are filthy. But that's just what i've heard.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I still say "merry Christmas" and will continue to do so. Everyone I know still says it and I don't see it changing anytime soon where I live.

If I tolerate other religions and don't get offended by their customs (as long they are harming no one) then they should tolerate mine.

The problem with radical Islam is that they have zero tolerance for other religions.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

I actually to a degree try and stick to a diet that doesn't include pig and NEVER buy cheap meat...particularly from companies like BAR S

I think these diets actually come from prior basic knowledge of prions, when I look at Kosher practices or Islamic, draining the blood, removal of the glands, not allowing animals to step in own pooo...

It just screams precautions in avoiding prion diseases like Mad Cow...

So I don't disagree with these diets one bit in actuality, I think our practices in handling Meat are probably in one way or another responsible for most Alzheimer's disease we have in the West...

[edit on 12-11-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow, first this is a story about a 5 year old boy. Ramadan seems like an awful lot of syllables for a 5 year old if you ask me.

Considering Ramadan ended well over a month and a half ago?

Wow, here is a timely story.

Were these five year old boys actually upset about the Salami or where they upset that the boy didn't have to fast like they do?

Or could it just possibly be that like many very young religious minded children they were actually just trying to protect their friend from getting in trouble with their notion of G-d, who happens to be the same Vengeful and Jealous G-d no matter whether you are Jewish, Christian or Muslim?

I say Merry Christmas by the way and I don't give a rat's behind who it offends. If any of you are such slaves to a corporate paycheck that you gave up your own beliefs and free speech for it, shame on you!

I also say Happy Hunnakuh to Jewish people and I don't care who that offends either.

I also say Happy Eid to Muslims and I don't care who that offends either.

Why? Because I am agnostic and I don't care who that offends either!

Posting a thread about a 5 year old's story about a Salami Sandwich and Ramadan...

I swear VISA nor Mastercard can't buy priceless moments like this!

[edit on 12/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We have all lost focus and touch within ourselves the whole essence of love is ruined and manipulated by the elites.Sex and lust is a sin but in America its completely natural to want to have vulgar painful non-romantic sex right? C'mon do you see how low they want us to degrade our species ..Wake up my friends and to refer to this subject some people respect certain aspects of life , i bet their parents worshiped this day and focused on their son to do the same . FREEDOM OF BELIEF IS NOT A SIN , violence is now people just need to learn more civil approaches in life especially the government .

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If I knew those Muslim kids personally, I'd give them each a good tight slap for beating that Christian boy for his God given right to eat.

So a non-Muslim eats in front of you during Ramadhan...tough #, kids..that's part of the whole Ramadhan concept, to ignore temptation and rise above it. I wonder just what kinda parents these kids have.

Also, where I'm from, we wish everyone whatever holiday it is they're celebrating. The people who find holiday wishes offensive should be given a good slap to the back of the head IMO.

My 2 cents as a Muslim.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by d2che]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Interesting..he claims..ide need more tangible evidence. Im saying this, becuase i work with some muslims, and msot of them are quiet, layed back, fun and all, with the exception of one..he is a rx manager, used to give me ahrd time, laugh at me, scrath his crotch whiel walking around the store, then coutning out rx pills for customers, things like that. i cant picture yuong msulim kids going out of control like that, thats all. Its like forbidden or taught not in their religion* as fas i know, that isl.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Wow, first this is a story about a 5 year old boy. Ramadan seems like an awful lot of syllables for a 5 year old if you ask me.

The kids are 11 years old - the article says they're in 'Year 5' (what you guys would call Grade 5, or 5th Grade).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join