It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim kids 'attack boy for eating salami'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Go Mopus!

Yea, my stepdaughter is WELL aware of how to defend herself (She's 8, 2nd grade). She doesn't get bullied at all, NOR does she bully. She doesn't have to, because she has the confidence to be secure in her own skin. She knows she can whip the crap out of any kid that messes with her, so she doesn't have to intimidate others.

The intimidation occurs when a teacher had to pry her off a disrespectful, punk ass 4th grade BOY who shoved her off the monkey bars.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Wow, now the media is using conflicts between kids to justify racism against Muslims?

One would think any adult would be mature enough to handle the situation without making it into a religion/race issue, even if it is to the kids. They're children.

Interesting that you (seem to) see this as a racist article against Muslims, when it's an example of Muslims assaulting non-Muslims... that seems like an odd spin, unless you're claiming that it's only racist because it was published in the first place to cause controversy.

But does that change the fact that it did or did not happen?

The Muslim boys were said to be offended that Antonios was eating "pig" during the Islamic month of fasting.

How are the adults making it a religious issue? It seems as though it is quite clear at what point religion (and therefore race, one would assume) was brought into the issue...

Rewey

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok I watched the video and they say he was bullied because a kid asked him why are you eating ham and that eating ham is gross or whatever. They never say the kids beat him up or anything. How is that bullying? The kid was a big wuss and ran and hid in the library.

When I was 5 I would have shoved my salami sandwich in his mouth and went about my day.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey
Interesting that you (seem to) see this as a racist article against Muslims, when it's an example of Muslims assaulting non-Muslims... that seems like an odd spin, unless you're claiming that it's only racist because it was published in the first place to cause controversy.

Right. Every minor story the MSM carries has some agenda to it. I'm sure it happened, just as I'm sure kids get into fights about all number of things in schools across the world. But someone, for some reason, picked this story out of all bullying stories to cover. HMMMMM, I wonder why? Because it involves a Muslim? Yeah, because that's what they're emphasizing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wish we had a vaccine for this twisted little P.C. virus called offensensitivity.

It's geting so the only thing we can do is run and hide from each other.

Oh yeah, "Merry Christmas!"

I think I'll hang a slab of bacon on my front door this year instead of a wreath.

Mopus,
I miss the creepy dark side cat avatar.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Freedom of religion is not filtering down to 5 year olds very well. Sounds like a parental problem in training kids, if you ask me.

I suggest the Muslims have a double standard so they can live among us. Hate pork and pork eaters at home, love them when you leave your house.

Can't we all coexist?

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you're not in this world to live up to mine. If, by chance, we find each other...it's beautiful. If not, it can't be helped." -Frederick Perls (60's guru)

Love and let live. - Jim Scott, 2009

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

ARe you the Jim Scott from 700Wlw in Cincinnati?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I think I'll hang a slab of bacon on my front door this year instead of a wreath.

Holy crap! I'm coming to your house for Christmas lunch!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
While I don't think this is some elaborate double standard, it's flat out wrong that things like this happen anywhere in the world. I'm a Buddhist, and when somebody says "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays", or any other form of greeting, I don't get offended. The point is that the person is being thoughtful and kind to you, in their own way. Maybe instead of preaching to everybody to just fit in and be a neutral slab that is tolerant of anything, we should learn to seek out, embrace, and accept our differences as special niches that make us who we are.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think it is screwed up that it happened, and I agree that those kids need their little a$$es whipped, but I think there is a more sad issue here than the particular incident stated in the OP that no one has addressed. The fact that children are not born with these ridicules beliefs. These kid's parents are the ones who really need to be beaten for teaching their kids to hate for no other reason than what some ancient fairy tale says.

I am not by the way referring to Islam specifically either. Here in America there is an abundance of young Christian children bullying Muslims everyday. Like I said though, kids are not born believing in any religious dogma, it is something that is taught, and those who are teaching kids to hate are the real villains here.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

They act like kids fighting is a bad thing and they will grow up to be violent adults and they also extend this to a bit of corporal punishment as well...

But the reality as I see it is if I had not fought as a child i wouldn't know what it is to take a beating either nor have a sense of harm or why NOT to hit or bully people.

I singularly blame this trend as responsible for the rate of shootings in America, kids with zero sense of pain or harm, a system that makes a simple fight massively punishable leads to powder keg situations like Columbine where eventually someone just explodes or simply leads to needing to "eliminate" a problem rather than fight it out as a dead person can't tell on you.

Worse being a good kid has become a role of victimization, if you "care" about getting in trouble you basically can't do squat to defend yourself... even for adults Law in many States says that if you had a chance to walk away and didn't your charged equally along with a person that assaulted you...

So you basically have to just allow punks and thugs to say whatever they want...

The whole thing contributes to a massive decline in the quality of our civilization....

Take this example...

I walk in on my wife and shes with another man..... I can't kick his ass? This extends to going out on the weekend, your with a woman, any man can come over and try to hit on her and if you do anything these days YOU go to Jail...

That's Insane... There is absolutely nothing that stands in the way if home wrecking and we live in a nation with an 80% divorce rate....

Another example...

Pedophiles... if you tell on one and they can't prove it you can get your rear end sued to the grave.... let alone deal with one in your neighborhood...

This is the society we are building with this PC crap...

What should a poor mother do, to control a child if she has no money, sure if your rich, punishment and withholding...BRIBERY works, but if your poor, you can't stop your kid physically from doing Crack ....lol

There are so many holes and bad behaviors that are now common because it's ILLEGAL TO BEAT UP CREEPS

where were all the Frackin PEDOS 30 years ago?

HIDING! Scared for their lives that's where because you could hospitalize one and no one would even raise a question about it...

People used to have FEAR of acting inhuman and no draconian law scares these freaks like good ol public outrage does... TAR and FEATHER em, it's not inhuman it's social justice...

These kids could beat up this child because they have no fear of reprisal from their classmates...they aren't afraid to do it.

You can even be sued... if someone robs your house, 50 years ago you would get a handshake for shooting them from the cops today...your the bad guy

It's a disease already it's worse than Nazism was in many ways, we lock all sorts of people up for no reason, our Males are practically being feminized and there is no MORAL CODE among people any more...

You can do whatever you want and no one can kick your ass for it to make you stop...only the LAW, which is tied in regards to morality.

Sometimes...

Some people...

Really do need their ass kicked a few times to straighten them out in life.

these kids are a perfect example, this is America you can't tell people what to eat and not expect a chair upside your head...

well. I guess now you can

But really how long is this retarded trend going to last before we as a people just explode anyway?

I guess somewhere up at the top they figure a person who has never seen violence makes for a perfect citizen, always scared, easily intimated, easy to break. willing to follow orders...even the violent ones THEY give because they have no understanding of the actual consequences when they drop an 18 yr old who has never drawn blood into Afghanistan or elsewhere...they pull the trigger and kill from a distance like a video game completely subservient... (and when ruined for life from the trauma o well)

I am sickened by the emasculation that goes on in our schools and society.

Good for you teaching her how to fight!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I wish we had a vaccine for this twisted little P.C. virus called offensensitivity.

It's geting so the only thing we can do is run and hide from each other.

Oh yeah, "Merry Christmas!"

Mopus,
I miss the creepy dark side cat avatar.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by badgerprints]

If they had an inoculation for Political Correctness i'd line up...some how however I seem to have been born with immunity

PC is just another word for CENSORSHIP and CONTROL

It's sickening how far this has all gone since the 90's

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There are Muslim countries, and there are non-Muslim countries.

Yes, religion causes wars and should be banned.

BUT... I am really totally fed up, sick and tired of people who relocate to another country and then try and force their religious beliefs on the country that was kind enough to accept them.

This includes Britain, which has ended up with a lot of terrorists, and a lot of people demanding mosques - and they have built some.

How dare these creeps infringe upon the rights of that child.

I think that people with extremist views should stay in their own country of origin.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Right. Every minor story the MSM carries has some agenda to it. I'm sure it happened, just as I'm sure kids get into fights about all number of things in schools across the world. But someone, for some reason, picked this story out of all bullying stories to cover. HMMMMM, I wonder why? Because it involves a Muslim? Yeah, because that's what they're emphasizing.

I think you have a very valid point - media consistently run with stories they know will cause outrage, dissent or discussion. There's no questioning that. Whether or not THAT in itself is racist, I'm not 100% sure, but I do get why you feel it is.

But on the flip side, according to the news source, the event still happened. Therefore, we need to assess it as an individual event.

Yes, kids in school yards fight for all manner of things. But in THIS case it had a religious base, which technically has NOTHING to do with racism. It's just that everyone assumes that every Muslim is an Arab.

I think, as someone has posted above, it boils down to people relocating to other countries and bringing traditions with them, which (out of political correctness) seem to carry more weight than 'mainstream' cultures and practices, because to do otherwise is somehow discriminatory. And THAT, I just can't agree with, PARTICULARLY when I've travelled to a number of strict Islamic countries, and I KNOW what would happen to me if I tried the same thing in reverse.

Rewey

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

What if it's just a bunch of punks using a lame excuse to beat the crap out of some other kid?

I've never been to Australia, but I have been to school. I even got into a fight myself because I was "using their basketball" - in other words, they wanted to start crap with me and picked some dumbass excuse to do so.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Yes,

Do you think if some British person went to a Muslim country and demanded a church, that it would happen?????

I think Britain has made some huge mistakes here. As you say, all in the name of PC, which Muslim countries don't recognize and nor should anyone.

Call a spade a spade - Muslims have infiltrated a few countries and demanded their mosques etc but if Britain or America tried to do that to them, it would be called an act of warfare.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Rewey

What if it's just a bunch of punks using a lame excuse to beat the crap out of some other kid?

Well, if I understand what you're saying correctly, that's even worse.

That means 11 year old kids are trying to create negative emotions towards THEMSELVES - I guess a reverse-racism type thing (but whatever the religious version of racism is).

Without intending to be racist at all, it's like when aboriginal people claim they're being treated in a certain way 'because I'm black'... it's reverse-racism. Using MY fear of being called a racist against me, when in truth race has NOTHING to do with the situation...

It's sad that kids who are 11 years old have already learnt how to be manipulative like that...

Rewey

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
another example of how religion is screwing up our kids.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've said it before religion is for the mentally unstable and weak.

Ohh my life is crap because its gods will or this or that happend because its gods will.

No matter the religion they are all wrong and full of crap a great system of controling the massess nothing else.

I have nothing against people practicing religion but only if they keep it to themselves the moment you want to ram your religious beliefs down my throat its war.

I never have and never will conform to someone elses idea of god

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey

Man - how bad is this getting???

What frustrates me is the double standards we acquiesce to. We are not allowed to use the term 'Christmas' anymore, as it has a religious base and could offend those from other religions. We have to say 'Happy Holidays' now instead.

What if I'm offended by the term 'Ramadan'? Doesn't that have religious connotations as well?...

Right On! It's only OK to hate Christians - Especially on ATS

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join