It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it!

No one gets me down, I am too far above that nonsense.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Thanks for your comments! Glad to see there are more than repubs and democrats.

I have a lot of hope about the future elections, I think a shake up is in the balance.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by Libertygal

Interesting post, and it does take stones to admit being wrong on a given subject. However, the Bush Administration's record speaks for itself and in many circles it is considered as a gross dereliction of duty. I think I will refrain from the laundry lists of missteps, but there were many of them, to say the least. My opinion of the Bush Administration is that I have no opinion. I have never held the office of President, so how could I comment from my cushy arm chair about the ins and outs of the position.

Excellent post, and I do have some opinions in both directions. I felt he did some good and some bad, but I totally understand where you are coming from.

When you look at it subjectively, and if you feel the president is only a puppet for others pulling the strings, I think you begin to see that perhaps it isn't the person that is to blame, but the fact he filled the position. Plus, I do seem to remember, he had the full backing of congress on a *lot* after 9/11, that people seem to have forgotten. At that point the entire country was powerfully encouraging military action, and that is fact.

However, some of his knee-jerk decisions enabled the current administration to make their radical decisions hold weight in Washington. How can I put it simply, he set precedent for the Obama Administration to do what they are doing at present. In other words, some of his legislative policies could open the door to tyranny down the road, if the mistakes of Bush are not corrected. Just my speculative analysis on the subject.

I could not agree with you more! I was really surprised when, during the campaign season, a lot of republicans crossed party lines out of resentment and "to make a point". I think it set us up for a world of hurt, and these things are definitely starting to show.

I think we have to wait for the dust to settle to see how history judges the most controversial Presidential Administration since Richard Nixon in the seventies. Let the overly zealous froth at the mouth over this controversial subject making its way to the board, but it has a right to be here along with many others, for thoughtful debate. Keep up the good work, and keep the hard and unpopular topics coming!

Thanks for your kind words and support. I think the dust is beginning to settle, and the veil is slipping from the eyes of some, which is ideally pointed out in the OP as well as some of the comments on the OP's site. It's all very intriguing to read, and there is a changing tide, that's unavoidably obvious.

Again, thanks for the well thought out post, I appreciate your contribution to the thread!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Libertygal
I am not going to respond any further, as you have taken much of the thread out of contex to suit your purposes, and I refuse to play that game with you.

I simply stated my opinion on a Discussion Forum which has a motto of Deny Ignorance in response to a ludicrous thread.

You simply stated your mistaken opinion about me.

You attempted to make the thread about me, which it is not.

If you'd like to disown your own thread, don't let me stop you. (In this case, I don't blame you.) The old expression about staying out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat comes to mind.

I never said I was disowning the thread, how utterly presumptuous. I simply stated I was not going to respond further to you and be drug into a fight over my intentions, which you are trying to do AGAIN. The thread is not about me.

Using an entire post with the exception of one line to attack the OP is childish. I ask you again, refrain from attacking me.

If you cannot, please take the invitation to not post in this thread anymore.

Thanks.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wow...

This about sums up 95% of the filth I have read in this section of the forum...

Horrid posts here...

It is just a nonstop onslaught of sewage.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

Well let me add to the sewage.
It was neither Dubya nor the Obamanation currently in office that hurt this country the most (although they have both done their share of damage) but rather, take a look at NAFTA and CAFTA and see who signed those, there you will find your main culprits.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have no idea why you bumped an old thread. However I just have to say the opening post was one of the most retarded things I've ever read.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join