It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Illegal For Everyone To Just Stay Home?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Considering "All" of the seemingly out of control problems taking place in the US over the last few years, (and if needed I'll list them but I believe their apparent)
and as an alternative to waiting for a complete chaotic breakdown, perhaps just getting the word out to "just stay home" shut the machine down for a week, (if it would last that long) may be a very loud catalyst starting something and ending this nonsense.
The argument of "I cant afford to", I'll reply to with "can we afford not too"?
I'm not promoting anarchy, or violence, I'm just asking, honestly,
is it legal? and if its not................then I'm too believe then that we truly are self kept slaves, if you can not as a people , stay home, non violently make notice , make change, to your country, your life, then it is true...... we're bound, blind, enslaved, owned.
When the machine breaks, you cant fix it while the gears are turning.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's called a national strike.

The French do it frequently, although they tend to get a bit exuberant about it.

I heartily agree we need it.

How about the week before Christmas?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It might be strike to you, but there's a good chance it will be called flu pandemic in this day and age and cause national emergency act for continuity to go into effect. Check mate.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I dont think it would be so easily covered up under a pandemic hood.
Its that lurking fear speak that keeps us down.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey OP!

I like your way of thinking.

Got any idea how to get this many Americans to do a damn thing we want them to?

But really...this sort of thinking is a breath of fresh air verses "kill kill kill" and "greed greed greed".

S&F for ya.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sounds like a great way to force TPTB to pay attention. We need to let them know that we have had enough!

Unfortunately I can't see getting enough sheeple to wake up and do anything. If only a segment of the population were to participate, it would just get glossed over by the MSM(no matter how many were involved), like the way they manipulate reporting on marches on Washington (inflating numbers for liberal causes and ignoring or belittling non-PC causes).

The good news is, if unemployment keeps going up, it won't be long before we all have to stay home anyway.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is a good topic. Many here have talked about it before. The problem seems to be how to get so many people on the same track. Many are still glued to the tele when they're not working. An event like that will never be promoted from the tube.

I'm clueless. Perhaps if we could get a small percent of like-minded individuals to fund an advertising campaign, we could set up billboards in most major cities and link to a website. Talk about some hard facts that really tick people off. Tell them the solution is to just let it fail. The way out, is to just sit and be patient.

If 10% stayed at home the first day, most businesses would be nonfunctional. Second or third day many businesses would just shut down, and most people may follow the movement.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
if we can pull this off... how about food and toilet paper?
can we still buy that when we stop working?

the government has us under their thumb...
then again, you can buy fruit trees and your own farm. Hens cost about $25 from where I live. It's be easy to pull off and rewashable cloth...

Can we still pay electricity or can a whole neighborhood make a big enough windmill to subsitute the power plants? And plumbing... without it, well, that's scary. But the French pulled it off, maybe we can get a few intelligent suggestions from them.

hmm... well, anyway, I'm ready when you are.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I often wondered how an email and word of mouth conduit would work as a start? We are so trapped by technology? We can use it for ourselves surely, and good old word of mouth seems to be just fine.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

How do the French get theirs launched? Do you have any idea how they organize?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well my thought for a start is sending out via email an announcement for it, along with a power point that can be printed and put up.
It should be a growing movement, I dont see it expotentially leaping but I do see it being able to grow quickly,
There will need to be a reasonable target date, and the message will need to be correct.
I'm just curious as to how many people find it a viable idea.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

IF it DID take off though it would be impossible to hide.
How do you hide that?
It would be very empowering as a "PEOPLE'
We The People......maybe those that are afraid to even fart sideways would shake off a little dead skin and speak.....like theyre suppose to.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

My goodness lets hope it doesnt last long enough for fruit trees to actually come into production, thats years from sapplings.
When is the date for 2010 state of the union address? on or about that date would be very very proper...january something ??? correct?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This would be a great idea, but i think it would have to be well thought out and planned.

Like unityemissions said if 10% of people would do this it would be a victory.

We should really consider doing this, I'm definitely down.

The key would be getting the brainwashed television addicted sheeple involved in the cause.

I like the idea that we could buy some ad time. We could start a fundraiser or something.

I think this idea is too good to go to waste.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

They're usually organized by trade unions, farmers, truckers, or student groups, few of which are organized here in the US.

Doubt if the labor unions would be of much use, I'm fairly familiar with the leadership of SEIU and AFSCME: they pretty much suck, they're far more interested in playing high-level politics for money than being useful to the membership or rocking the boat.

Probable the best and fastest way would be to gain the attention of a group like MOVEON.org or a someone with a large following like the DailyKos or Drudge or Oprah. That's one of the major problems we have here: what seems to be an utter lack of leadership or viable leaders.

Maybe if we simply started an email campaign like a chain letter it might take off.

I still say the week before Christmas is the best time to have a national strike. It would resonate with families as a natural time for reflection, and lead into a natural time for new beginnings.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The only professions that could not or probably shouldn't get involved are Dr.'s and Nurses and pharmacies. Those that are ill would need to be attended too. Everyone else could be involved without too much of a hindrance. I think this would be a great idea. Right up MLK's alley. Complete non-violent, silent protest of our leaders folly. The folks that actually think this government is doing the right thing would be running around pulling their hair out worrying how they are going to maintain control!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's called consumer strike or consumer boycott.
It isn't illegal (why should it be?)

But it fails reality check on several levels, i am afraid.

1) you have to eat. Now you say "I got enough food stored for a week" Unfortunately that would mean that you have to buy it back later, and you haven't really hurt the economy at all. If you are 100% self sufficient you don't hurt the economy either.

2) You might lose your job, only hurting yourself.

3) You can't really tell if your compatriots are adhering to it, since you will be sitting at home, having only little contact with them.

4) You don't really get "a message" across. Are you staying at home because you are worried that there aren't enoug vaccines? That 9/11 was commited by JFK? That the apollo moonlandings were a hoax? That guncontroll is insufficient, and not enough people are barred from buying guns? How would an outside observer tell?

5) Strikes in france or other countries don't work that way at all. People gather, block others from going to work/using infrastructure and generally make their position known.
The OP on the other hand thinks a "I think generally stuff sucks, i can list some if you like, but don't want to" is sufficient.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by debunky]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
People, me included, who have jobs in the worst unemployment level in decades, aren't going to risk them. I don't know who you think would follow such a scheme. Try to start thinking more positive; if you are in a bad situation just start putting one foot in front of the other, things are better than you think.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There are numerous people who have already attempted this. National buy nothing day never took off really. It's the 28th this year.

buy nothing

There was mass emails that circulate on the internet about a no gas day, never materialized.

The last point is not everyone could participate, ronnie reagan's's reaction to the air strike should have taught us about how well certain people can or can't strike here in the states.

A true protest would be in the spending departments I think, go to work, make money, just don't spend it. Without the perpetual liquidity of the average person's spending habits the system of power could crumble.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ah, just pick a date, create a rather professional video to advertise it, and just start spreading the word. And make it good, so those that don't care will notice. Get about a hundred people lay down in the middle of freeways, blocking roads with their cars (sorry officer, my car broke down and won't start, ha), argue at checkout lanes at stores to slow everyone down, go to the bank and withdraw a dollar (in pennies) and then go to the end of the line to have it deposited again, and then go to the end of the line to withdraw it again, throw an egg at your neighbors house and have them toss one at yours and both ya call the cops (do it while the other is not looking so you can proclaim you didn't see who did it), act sick at work and start coughing your head off so everyone else wants to go home to get away from you, keep your kids home from school and call into work sick, take 30 or 60 minutes to fill your cars tank up with fuel at the gas station, take 15 minutes to decide what you want to order that the fast food joint drive up window, everyone flush their toilets at noon (ha), drive really really slow on the highway along side your friends that drive slow too, .... I could go on and on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join