It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just ordered to get a flu shot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I do not post here at all. I have not even logged in under my screen name in months.. perhaps over a year. But I do look around the board on occasion as a guest. I find that if I read too much of this stuff I have problems falling asleep. My main interest is in aliens.

I am in the US military, some people here think that makes me "one of them", it's just a job.

I just came off active duty a few months ago and I am in the reserve. I had a "drill" weekend and we had an unusual formation. Unusual because we never have formations when we first get here... only on Sunday afternoon before going home. Information was put out during this formation. One piece was the mandatory flu vaccination they we were to have completed the same day. We were told it was not H1N1 but just regular flu vaccinations.

I had to lie to an officer and say my religion precludes me from vaccinations. He said it would be ok but they had to check on it.

This is information only. I will take care of my end myself, and yes I know how the UCMJ works. The military will have to forcibly inject me with drugs... and I will tell you if that were to happen(I doubt it will).

If anything else of interest happens I will post about it... within reason because I intend on keeping my security clearance.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
well if you get the shot and nothing happens would you tell us that?
thats what i want to know. there are so many people on this site, i find it impossible to believe none of them have gotten the shot. if they have, why havent they said anything about it (that ive seen so far).

i think a first hand account of lots of people getting the shot would be better than everyone just saying its going to kill us all.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Do not take the vaccine if you do not wish to. Simply refuse and say that you believe the vaccine will harm you, and because your religion prevents you from doing intentional harm to yourself, you must refuse on those grounds.

If they argue that you did so by joining the military, you reply that it is different because you are possibly sacrificing your life for other innocent lives and that is the basis of your religion.

I wish you well in however you decide to refuse the shot.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I will make every effort to inform you if/when I get shots and the result. Weather it be flu, H1N1,???? That should be it for now as far as shots go.

I may get some rather scary stuff forced in my body due to a possible deployment. And I mean scary! This is stuff Americans have not been given in a generation or two. But that is way too much information to talk about here and now.

I will keep you posted on the flu stuff.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourNuts
I will make every effort to inform you if/when I get shots and the result. Weather it be flu, H1N1,???? That should be it for now as far as shots go.

I may get some rather scary stuff forced in my body due to a possible deployment. And I mean scary! This is stuff Americans have not been given in a generation or two. But that is way too much information to talk about here and now.

Smallpox, anthrax, etc... I would suppose to name a couple. I suspect that something big is in the works and they need healthy military ready to go.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YourNuts

I am in the US military

Read this thread. Apparently there is a form you can have filled out to receive an exemption.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Smallpox, anthrax, etc... I would suppose to name a couple. I suspect that something big is in the works and they need healthy military ready to go.

your on the right track. It's theater specific. Yersinia pestis

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

I am in the US military

Read this thread. Apparently there is a form you can have filled out to receive an exemption.

Thanks for the heads up. I know exactly what they are talking about. I am not too sure that route would work in the long term. Even permanent profiles need renewed after time.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i guess you dont get it, they want you out of the way

...........................dead.......silence.............

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

in the long term

Swine flu will probably be forgotten in a year.

Never put off something today when you can put it off tomorrow instead.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

your on the right track. It's theater specific. Yersinia pestis

That was my thinking. What actually gets into public consumption is to keep everyone busy. But nasty stuff is going to happen, in that area as well in more advanced weaponry, because they're intending to play for keeps.

BTW, I heard about the soldier that died from some Ebola type disease caught from a tick. It can be as simple as that.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I learned that there is a good chance I will get in to lot's of trouble for refusing an order.

They are making such a stink about it that it has me concerned what actually is in the shot. So far we are just talking about the seasonal flu shot. I can't imagine what the big deal is about.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I had to lie to an officer and say my religion precludes me from vaccinations. He said it would be ok but they had to check on it.

Just out of interest which religion are you?... Or rather which one did you say precludes you from the jab?

Of course that's none of my business so only reply if you want to... I personally have no intention of getting the shot, and as I am a civilian I don't think there is anyone (at this point in time) who could force me to - but it's still of interest to me.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
good luck... hopefully they don't strap you in a chair and inject you... i wouldn't doubt it though.

O and i tried that relegion thing at a dui police checkpoint before and they laughed at me... and stuck me even tho i was a passenger.... (due to odor of marijuana we were pulled out of car ,harassed , blood taken , taken to jail for refusing blood withdrawl. 37,500 bail resisting arrest , assault on a police officer and under the influence of a controlled substance (later dropped)

Ya so good luck... hope the military is better than my local police department.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by obamalivechat]

P.S and the assault was me refusing to let them take my blood... lol pigs

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Strap him into a chair? What do you think our military is? The Spanish Inquisition? Holy cripes people.

You sign a whole slew of paperwork when you join the military saying the can do exactly this. If you refuse, and they wanted to press it, I'd imagine you'd get a dishonorable discharge at worst. They are not going to tie you up and force you to get it.

However, if you are in the military, how in the hell can you NOT know that they can do this? You are signing your life away to your country when you sign on the dotted line. If you are a believer of "personal rights" where you can do as you want, and not have to listen to anything anyone else tells you, you REALLY shouldn't be in the military.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
well if you get the shot and nothing happens would you tell us that?
thats what i want to know. there are so many people on this site, i find it impossible to believe none of them have gotten the shot. if they have, why havent they said anything about it (that ive seen so far).

i think a first hand account of lots of people getting the shot would be better than everyone just saying its going to kill us all.

For what it's worth, I got mine a couple of days back. My arms's a little sore, but I'll get by. Mind you, I got the Canadian version...could be like our beer...better.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Observe the syringe: if it's whitish rather than clear, you're getting an adjuvant added. The clear liquid is adjuvant free according to my source at the hospital.

And hey - even if you get an adjuvant added, there are ways to detoxify yourself. Some are through household products, while others require several weeks through supplements.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Contrary to what people think... when you join the US military you do not become property of the government. Nobody owns you. You voluntarily serve the people of the United States. Anyway... Not a topic I will comment on any further.

I will not let it get far enough for a UCMJ action. I will take a flu shot before that happens. But I will insist I take a shot from a civilian doctor at my own expense. I recall them telling us that if we just got a shot and had proof that would work too.

Thanks for all the well wishes

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thats funny, you got ordered
and I got a choice.

I declined to get the flu shot.

Whats wierd is you not having a formation at the beginning of drill so that they can get an accountability.

What is wierd is you having only one formation the whole weekend.

Suspect.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Accountability is done by means of a sign in sheet. Plus the fact that my immediate supervisor(I am using vague terms one purpose) would immediately know if one of us were there or not. Only one formation a weekend. I have learned many things in my military travels... one of them is that not any two units operate alike.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join