It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just ordered to get a flu shot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by YourNuts

Whatever you say.

You could be telling the truth, doubtful, but you could be.

edit to add- mind sharing what unit you are with and their number. You can U2U it to me.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Bored To Tears]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I may get some rather scary stuff forced in my body due to a possible deployment. And I mean scary! This is stuff Americans have not been given in a generation or two. But that is way too much information to talk about here and now. I will keep you posted on the flu stuff.

Interesting. Are you trying to tell us troops are going to get vaccinated with scary south american bug vaccines? Have fun in Venezuela ! With the the different bugs down their this swine flu will be a yawn.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Been deployed a few times and I must say those scary stuff he referred to wasn't that scary.

I did say owie when I got my anthrax though. I got a hello kitty band aide and a lolly pop though.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have been advised by my lawyer to take the shot. He is a trusted friend of mine and I will do as he suggests.

All information I have seen point to the military forcing H1N1 shots very very soon. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourNuts
I have been advised by my lawyer to take the shot. He is a trusted friend of mine and I will do as he suggests.

All information I have seen point to the military forcing H1N1 shots very very soon. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

So if your lawyer said "Eat ground glass" you'd do it?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You won't be forced the N1H1 vaccine either.

Ft.Riley has had the vaccine for a few weeks now and it is completely at your discreation if you want it or not.

If active duty hasn't been made to take it yet, you reservist have nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

So if your lawyer said "Eat ground glass" you'd do it?

I have a lot to lose from a UCMJ action. I don't expect anyone else to understand. I rely on my military participation to pay my bills and pay for school. At the end of the day I am not willing to jeopardize that for a simple flu shot... I can't. maybe some could.. but not me, not now.

There are other things I can do to "rock the boat" about this but flat out refusal is not in my best interest. I will keep you all posted on the H1N1 and of course if we start training to enforce martial law I will let you know

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I had the standard flu vaccine, which I have to have every year. They give it to me for the CKD, and not the Leukaemia.

One thing that was strange this year was that my surgery held a flu clinic on a Saturday. There were only patients like me who fell in the AT RISK category only that day getting our vaccine. The nurses had a list of patients, which they had to vaccinate.

I live in the UK, and despite having the vaccine, I caught the Swine Flu and had to go onto Ralenza. So, my question is what form of vaccine were they wanting you to have. As an ex-wife of a former military man, and a daughter of a retired military person-I know that they can order a vaccine; especially before deployment.

When you signed up-you gave them permission to run your life. If you are not an officer and of a rank that has no real power-if you don't do as commanded-you are violating a primary oath, and the consequences could go bad for you in looking for a job, if you leave the military.

Also, vaccines used to be mandatory before deployment, if my memory serves. When my dad was called away on TDY to a foreign land-it was required for me to have a check-up and have certain vaccines against certain conditions. This was what I recall in the 60's and 70's. Although I was a youngster, I remember my dad saying to my mother that he had to have his shots. I remember this, as at that time, I was terrified of needles and always use to ask my dad, 'Will it hurt?'. He went to places like Vietnam and Thailand. So, I can't see how you can avoid not getting vaccinated, if it is an order and if you are being deployed anywhere.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
well if you get the shot and nothing happens would you tell us that?
thats what i want to know. there are so many people on this site, i find it impossible to believe none of them have gotten the shot. if they have, why havent they said anything about it (that ive seen so far).

i think a first hand account of lots of people getting the shot would be better than everyone just saying its going to kill us all.

I had the H1N1 a while ago. I'm fine. I have asthma. I decided to go with the advice of my health care professional, rather than what a forum on a website says. Example: How many times was the end of the world to take place??? hahaha.

OP, the military is just taking precautions. You are a country at war, and sick soldiers don't help the cause, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just got the shot 2 hours ago... not dead yet lol.

maybe this is not the place to joke about dying from the flu shot

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As far as I know, military has required Flu shots for who knows how long. This is nothing new. And for anyone who thinks that they are trying to knock off their own people - well, thats absolutely ridiculous. People who are in positions that are undermanned still get the flu shot. My daughter's father has been in the military 10 years and has been required to get one every year. Never had any issues with the shot. And they are not trying to knock him off or he would not be in the position he is in nor spending tons of money to send him off to school again for a new position

[edit on November 9th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hi,

Just trying to tie up loose ends. I visit the site everyday but just recovered my password today. There was a thread that I just HAD to post in lol.

I decided that I was allergic to eggs and informed my command. It has been noted in my records and I am exempt from most shots. Since I am pursing a medical degree, I get hep A&B vacs annually. I was asked why I got shots in basic training if I was allergic. I said those were the first shots I had received as an adult and that is how we figured out I had an allergic reaction. My official med records are spotty at best, due to changing branches, so no one questioned it.

My studies certainly tell me that my concerns where silly, but deep down I still wonder.

I hated to do it the way I did, but nothing else seemed to work.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No integrity on your part. You are supposed to hold your self at a higher standard. When you come on to a public forum such as this and lie. You give the rest of us service members a bad name. It also sounds like you are trying to get out of future deployments. That means someone else has to pick up your slack.

I have taken all of my shots except small pox because of allergies to latex. Not sure what latex has to do with small pox but can't recieve it according to them.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Been going on for decades. I was ordered to get a flu shot--in 1971. I went into the tent set up at Great Lakes and saw a corpsman shoot a "test" shot from his flu gun clear across the tent. A buddy and I had "signed in," so we ducked under the tent and escaped without the shot. I haven't had a flu shot then or since (that's 40 years, huh?) They did the same thing to my daughter when she was in the Navy. My daughter-in-law, a nurse, gave her the shot and signed the certification. When she got back to base, they didn't care.

Umm, and nobody died from the shot.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I always managed to skip through the line. They got me the first time but after that I had their system figured out and was able to mingle with the ones that had already got it. With medical records in hand, I got in the line that marked our records after receiving the shot. My records indicated that I received it, but nope I didn't and it was all the same to the medical staff.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I am in the US military,

You may or may not realize this, but a lot of your civil liberties are out the window for the duration of your enlistment when you sign on.

So, if you're ordered to get a shot...guess what? You get it...whether it's actually a flu shot, or some experimental medicine, etc., you really don't have a say in the matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity... wouldn't the military want a set of people to refuse vaccines? Just to see if they get sick less, or if they get sick more than those who were regularly vaccinated?

The military does constantly test this vaccine and that vaccine on their soldiers, right? I would just think that they would also want a set of soldiers who refuse all vaccines to compare their medical charts with all the others.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Keep away from it if you can as the military vaccines are for testing. In a few years if you go down with something nasty, everyone will say "Must have been something he was exposed to in a conflict"

Gulf War Syndrome came from the Anthrax Vaccine, most those guys are now either dead or in a lot of pain

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Umm, and nobody died from the shot.

Depends what the agenda is behind what they're doing, these shots are not generally to kill, but most of what they're doing would not be agreed to if the recipent was informed of the reality.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join