It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in the book of Enoch- 'The Watchers'? The secrets presrved in heaven....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
pumpkinorange
Yes that is what is says. It is hard for some to swallow that have never heard this.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
NOTurTypical
There are several Enoch in the bible, Just like there are several Joseph's. You are looking for Son of "Jared"

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Has anyone read the book of Jasher? If you've read the book of Enoch you should probably read this as well. However, there are disputes as to which copy of the book is real, and some say the real book is actually several books. And yes it is a book that is mentioned in the bible yet not included in the KJV. Also, I wanted to say that someone previously stated that the book of Enoch was psuedographical. Actually the book is apocryphal, I just wanted to clear that up.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

this guy has also found the news paper article of the discoveries of the giants too

www.sydhav.no...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by plugandplay51
NOTurTypical
There are several Enoch in the bible, Just like there are several Joseph's. You are looking for Son of "Jared"

The only prophet and noteworthy "Enoch" was the son of Methuselah.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Always been fascinated with the story of Enoch.

Can you people recommend a properly published hard copy of it?
I see numerous versions and I honestly have no idea which is the most intact & complete. English, Spanish or French editions are fine.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Now that you guys are really looking at it, I will back off some. You guys are the best minds on the planet. You will get it. :-) Duet. 32 says that "God" (Yahweh) seperated the Earth into 70 different parts and put the "sons of God" (Created beings) over us. Many new bibles say "sons of God" because the Dead Sea scrolls say "sons of God". Many bibles say "sons of Israel", but that doesn't fit because Israel does not exist yet and then "God" said, I will be Isreal's God.

When Jesus sent out those to take back the earth, He sent 70 in which he gave them Power to Overcome. That was because of the 70 parts. Satan is "Lord of the ones who fly".

Psalms 82 also speaks of them. Yahweh is telling the "sons of God", that they are corrupt and he judges them and says They will die like men, and fall like one of their princes.

Greek mythology talks also of these"gods" having sex with women. Apollo was one of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Atlantican, This is the newest translation but they all pretty much say the same thing. www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
NOTurTypical
You are correct, but it was in the days of Jared. :-) I stand corrected.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ya isn't mythology always riddled with BS?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thanks.

So let me get this straight. Most of what is written in the NT was written by the apostles mainly those with the apostles' names on it. The OT was already published and compiled in the modern manner before Jesus' time.

So who exactly compiled the Bible and how do the people in charge classify and verify the scriptures that are divinely inspired from those that are not?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mike7656

I just finished watching this vid, and he pretty much summed up what I came to understand over a decade ago. I suggest everyone watch this vid, including those who believe "sons of God" is talking about men.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

The soul and all the beliefs attached to it, according to which the soul is immortal by nature or forsees that it can obtain immortality as I have taught you -- this will be laughed at and thought nonsense. And believe me, it will be considered a capital crime to give onself to the religion of the mind. A new justice will be created and new laws. Nothing holy, nothing pious, nothing worthy of heaven and of the gods who dwell there, will be any more spoken of nor will find credence in the soul.

That was a beautiful read! Thank you. Where did you find that and who wrote it?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Angels have never had sex with human's, and are incapable of doing it. It was with Seth and the birth of his son Enosh, that man began to call on the name of the LORD. The sons of God ( those that worshiped God), slept with the daughters of men. ( Those that were living in disobedience.) Angel's cannot,except with the authority of the Father, take on human form. An angel is a spirit, a spirit has no sexual identity, neither do we once we leave our body and receive our new body if we go to heaven.

The book of Enoch is mentioned in the Holy Bible, but one should not assume that the book of Enoch we have today is the exact text spoken of in the Holy Bible. Also, just because something written is older than other copies of it, does not mean it is more valid, or authentic. Job is the oldest book in the Holy Bible. Not every thing in the Holy bible is in chronological order.

It is interesting to read thests texts and The Book of Enoch interested me too. Well happy reading.

You do realize your views are at odds with early church tradition? The Clementine epistles show a very different view held by the church regarding those passages which supports that found in Enoch.

Surely you don't believe that the joining of heathen with those who were of God produced giants? How about the scouts reporting giants and bringing back giant grapes to Moses when they went into the Promised Land? That's not hyperbole.

Don't be so quick to fall back into dogma. The Bible has much to say beyond what is directly revealed and that which is accepted by the present day church. Yes, God has to allow an angel to take on physical properties, but He also allows idiots to go on a shooting rampage at an army base.

While I realize you are drawing your conclusions about our future neutered state in the after-life directly from Christ's words, you have to look closely and consider that His answer was to the Sadducees who did not believe in the resurrection. His answer was curt, and dealt directly with the time of the resurrection. prior to the millennial reign. We'll be far too busy preparing for battle to recognize marriages. There is nothing to indicate that His comment that we'd be as the angels means that we'll not be male or female, only that at that time we will be as the angels, without marriage ties.

There is not enough there for me to be adamant about that, but my God said He wouldn't withhold any good thing from me. Since we were originally placed on this earth to populate it, I see no reason to assume that will not be continued during the millennial reign and beyond. I expect to be as Adam was originally in my glorified body, not as an angel. We are told we will be above the angels.

I've stayed up too late already.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What i have always wondered has been this...

Why do people need the 'Holy' Bible to believe?
As i see it, GOD is there, even if you not read the bible.
Why do people go to church?
GOD is said to have created this beautiful planet, why need a special house to understand 'it (GOD)' better, when you can understand it much better being out in nature and see it's harmony.
And there you will see how insignificant you really are compared to the whole creation that GOD has done, how small we really are.
And.... That we really do not fit into this creation.

I believe that the Bible and it's other books was created so that people with power wanted more power, to be able to control the masses and instil fear in the general population.

Take a look at history and see what the bible has created.
It's the totally opposite of what it speaks of.
The Bible has been a tool to justify horrible acts in the name of GOD.
We still have fanatics that are trying to do GODS work, to judge other people over what GOD think right or wrong is.

But still it is interesting reading.
If you can differentiate fiction from fact.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
secrets that are preserved in heaven

astronomy and astrology - the secrets are preserved in that the paths of the bodies concerned are predictable.

Enoch is associated with the angel Metatron - the watcher of watchers, in the true sense of the word. if you go way back to the start of the roots of the god Mithras to the sanscrit, you will still find a God with thousands of eyes.

Someone has to keep the information. Write the book of life. Who better than an angel who's cloak is the deepest blue of the universe and lined with it's stars?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by NOTurTypical

also in the bible it says "there were giants in the world in those days." so yes, it is possible there were building sized people. i dont know what they mean by giants but it is totally possible

yes, the biggest in the Bible is 13 feet tall, and skeletons back this up. 450 feet is preposterous, and NO skeletons have ever been found larger than 12 feet.

funny thing is, i read the early jews believed adam was 90 feet tall, then when he fell he shrank to 60, so i dunno.
its physically impossible to get anywhere close to those heights anyway, much less be able to walk!
our leg bones wouldn't bear our weight, we would weigh thousands of tons, unless people back then had really wide legs, each leg would be as wide as their torso.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Dude, remember who Enoch was, and when he lived. He was NOT alive when Moses put together the writings of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Enoch, Isaac, and Jacob into the Book of Genesis. If Enoch authored the Book of Enoch it would have been INCLUDED when he compiled the writings of these men for Genesis!

writings of adam? what are you talking about? adam didn't write anything, none of those people did, from my understanding god dictated it all to moses, that wouldn't be impossible its god after all.

It's a plagiarized bunch of trash from a pagan who wanted to spread his personal heresies. Nothing more, nothing less. If anyone respected the Book and if anyone had heard of it in the OT it would have been included right alongside the other books of the great prophets of the Hebrews.

the book of enoch isn't trash its a non-canon text that the gospel writers would have had, it was written between 300-200 bce, besides a lot of the people in the bible didn't have books named after them, so why expect the book of enoch to be written?
it is in the DSS, its called the book of the watchers, it more than likely wasn't considered divinely inspired enough or came too late to be part of the hebrew scriptures.
he wasn't after all really spoke of in the bible, he walked with god and was taken to heaven thats all they say about him.

by the way, why do you use a site that is obviously so full of christian bias as a source? steward wouldn't know a thing about jewish beliefs if you hit him in the face with the torah.
i read a bit of his posting and realized that he is clueless about jewish beliefs, he doesn't even learn the history of the book much less who it was written to.
he calls jewish mysticism mumbo-jumbo, not knowing a thing about jewish mysticism

that has to be the most naive review of a book ever, you can sum it up in a few words "its not in my bible so its not true!"
just to let you know i'm criticizing the source for being really lazy and ignorant of well.. everything.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by demongoat]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Most interesting thread I've come across in awhile.

I'd suggest reviewing the Dead Sea Scrolls along with The Book of Enoch. Its alot of reading but studying them both answers alot more questions than just reading one after the other.

S&F

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

I think its somewhere in the book of Samuel. The story of David and Goliath, I can't recall the exact Chapter/Verse but I'm sure it said something about his measurements. Converting them to the unit of measurement we use now, His arms were 7feet. Although he wasnt as big as Adam, I would consider that a Giant.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join