It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in the book of Enoch- 'The Watchers'? The secrets presrved in heaven....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Don't be duped my friend... Enoch lived during the time of Genesis, if he wrote that book it would have been in the OT like Jeremiah, Ezekiel, or Isaiah.

Is the Book of Enoch really a lost book of the Bible? A born-again Christian who has been reading the Bible for several years only needs to read the "Book of Enoch" briefly to know that something is very wrong. There are so many obvious flaws with this alleged missing book of God's Word. It is clear to me that someone copied from the Bible and wrote this garbage. The same type of mumbo-jumbo can be readily observed in the Qur'an. I do NOT believe that Enoch, who lived during the time period of Genesis, wrote this manuscript. Evidently the King James translators didn't either, and for good reason.

Book of Enoch Exposed

Hope this helps, it's a bunch of plagiarized mumbo-jumbo made to look like scripture.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

so what your saying is there was no oral history during that time, and his story just up and disappeared. not to mention the OT like the NT was cherry picked from hundreds of different stories and perspectives

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
so not only is the supposed word of god is not only from a human's perspective, it is also subjected to the opinion of human "experts." thats a logical fail right there on many levels. therefore, one cannot say if the book of enoch is or is not the word of someone with a connection to god because one cannot say with certainty that any religious text is thusly authentic

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by plugandplay51

you realize the books that were found at the dead sea were copies of the Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaticus right? versions of scripture that the Christians at Antioch rejected as corrupt and heretical. The Apostle paul , Barnibas, and Timothy stayed with the Antioch Christians for over a year teaching them the Christian doctrine and faith.

The Dead Sea scrolls originated from Origen's school in Alexandria Egypt. they altered scripture with pagan and Gnostic heresies. The dead Sea scrolls are "older", because after Origen's cult died out NO ONE used the scrolls. lol

History of the Bible

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

The book of Enoch is simply written through the eyes of a person living in ancient times and trying to express what they see, hear & feel. Things that we today would have a hard time explaining even with our technologies and advancements. The thing is that so called "Angels & Demons" have always been aliens. Some are simply the "Watchers" which wait till the time of revealing. Other aliens have nefarious reasons for contacting, experimentation on our DNA, extra-deminsional travel. The list is long.
My point is this.
It never had anything to do with religion. All religions were setup long ago as a program to keep the sheeple in line. One of many programs.
There are many old books you can read, and in between the lines you will find the real aspects what the writer was trying to explain. Or a warning. It depends on a point of view. And if you haven't conquored your fear.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

The OT Jews knew very well who Enoch was bro, his father was the oldest man to ever live. Enoch was alive when Genesis was written. If Enoch was the author of that book it would have been reveared just like any of the other books written by the prophets. Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Daniel.

It's a plagiarized fraud, it's not even a coherent book. It began to surface after the death of Christ. Some 2,000 years after Enoch lived on Earth.

It's garbage, a book written by someone trying to pass it off as legitimate scripture.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
so u have first hand knowledge of what ancient middle easterners thought. wow. i should consult you on where to build my house. just because the story was buried does not make it any less possible that it is true. Germany buried much of the history of WWII. Our government buries stories all the time. Religions are no different.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
So, I have a question. If God's angels are holy & perfect, why does their mixing of their bloodline mixed with that of a human cause such an evil bloodthirsty creature?

God loves humans even though we can sin, angels in their jealousy tried to ruin it by giving us their secrets and ruining our innocence and on top of that, mixing the blood also provided them an avenue to destroy our humanity from inside out. but did they do it on their own or did they have a leader?

some things are inferential

[edit on 5-11-2009 by notsympl]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
The Ethiopian Orthodox Church considers the Book of Enoch to be canonical [a part of the regular God-inspired Bible].

It's important to keep that in mind when reading the Pseudepigraphic or Apocryphal books, they are not the words of God.

What makes you so certain that you're right, and the Ethiopians are wrong? Is it just a 'majority rule' thing?

Most likely, the Holy Bible we have today was put together by many scholars and agreed upon by church leaders. The Ethiopian church has always been on their own, however they are pretty old and claim to have many first century artifacts including the ark.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Was the Council of Nicea historically confirmed to be the ones who compiled the Bible?

What determined whether a scripture is divinely inspired or not?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

so thats why hitler wanted to take africa... to scour it for the arc and claim it as an aryan/ss artifact of power...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

LOL, the book fools laymen, but anyone who has a basic knowledge of the Word of God can easily see it's chocked full of heresey.

The pagans and Gnostics at Alexandria changed ENORMOUS amounts of scripture they didn't like. The Christians at Antioch, (who were the first to be called "Christians" in the Book of Acts), outright rejected the trash coming out of the pagan and Gnostic schools in Alexandria.

Paul, Barnibas, and Timothy taught the Antioch Christians for over a year. Look, if you want to believe there were 450 foot people walking the Earth then that's fine, be my guest.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

you might also want to add that the Bible itself addresses the fact that Enoch walked with God and so on....i think Enoch's account can be taken with credibility substantiated by the Bible

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

your missing my point. What is the word of god? what an expert says it is without having ever talked to god. is it what your pastor says is the word of god based on what he was taught in seminary by those same experts? is it what you believe in your heart is the Word even though your beliefs have already been shaped by what you think it is.

Note: i have not read the book of enoch but i have read the bible cover to cover. i am just saying that nothing you believe has been free from influence from someone somewhere

also in the bible it says "there were giants in the world in those days." so yes, it is possible there were building sized people. i dont know what they mean by giants but it is totally possible

[edit on 5-11-2009 by guidanceofthe third kind]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
not sure how that double post happened...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by guidanceofthe third kind]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
Was the Council of Nicea historically confirmed to be the ones who compiled the Bible?

What determined whether a scripture is divinely inspired or not?

That's another myth, the Council of Nicea never even discussed the books of the Bible.

Nicea Myths: Fact VS Fiction

It was convened to settle a controversy about the trinity. The Books of the Bible was never brought up nor discussed.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

you might be right about a lot of that but...

since you seem to know somethings you should be able to look this up if you don't believe it

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm not missing any points, your throwing up a red herring. This debate and thread is about the Book of Enoch. Enoch was a well respected and admired prophet of the OT, if he truly authored that book it would be right alongside Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and Isaiah in the OT.

The book began to float around about 50 years after the death of Christ. And Enoch lived before Genesis was written. Some 2,000 years prior.

It only "fools" secular people and Christians who never read the Bible. It's garbage, someone plagiarized a few scriptures and added pagan heresies and tried to pass it off as a long-lost Book of the OT.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Google Video Link

If you're interested in the Nephilim...

I'm jus' sayin'...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thanks.

So who was it that compiled the Bible (Popular Versions)?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Unregistered]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join