It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid (water?) flows on Mars Now!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
MarsAntartic?
Sand or Snow? Rocks or Icebergs?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I've seen this one before.
Could be snow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c526769383b8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Very good find and i wonder what that anomaly is that dose not look like stones and shadow's that looks like an object of some sort.
S+F because i like it

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It would be nice of we could get the image ID but no, we don't get to see that.
Without some context there is no way to know what we are looking at.

We know there is water ice on Mars. We know there is also CO2 ice on Mars. We know there is dust and sand on Mars. We don't know that snow falls to the surface of Mars.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think that is snow and that those dark strips are melting of the ice.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
These things have been noticed in many Mars photos for some time, but they can analyse it because what we see on those photos is how things are after that something flowed on those places, as far as I know there isn't any photo of it happening (but I don't know if there would be a way of knowing that it was happening at the time).

I have noticed that on some photos it looks like those liquid flows come from the joining between the present day surface and what looks like a different ground layer, like if something was covered by the dust we see today.

I will try to find one of those photos.

PS: Imagir, use only the [img] tags, that way the image will have a scroll-bar and will not mess-up the page layout.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by ArMaP]

Do you all have amnesia? There are several dozens of threads on this forum about that phenomenon and we already saw photos of that process in action. It manifest as a geyser but it's not water probably but methane or something else because in such low atmospheric pressure liquid water
doesn't exist. Ice become directly a vapour and vapour become en ice. There is possibility that liquid water exist on Mars but beneath the surface where the pressure is higher.

Artistic vision of that phenomenon.

And the real photo.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Could it be liquid hydrogen sulfide? If it evaporates that quickly, to leave dry marks, it has to be a chemical of sorts that isn't 100% water.

Imagine though. What is NASA hiding? A flow of sorts...

Actually, Mars has a much lower air pressure than Earth, and water in an environment like that evaporate much more readily than here on Earth!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
On the hem of the image I have found this strange mechanism….
What the hell is it? An hydraulic pump?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Imagir]

What if this anomaly has been unearthed (unmarsed ? :s) by those ghost flowing ? Like a part of some structure. As we can see a lot of old stuff, skulls, etc.

Could those flows be the result of the global solar system heating we are experiencing ?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
Do you all have amnesia?
I can only speak for myself, and I obviously do not have amnesia, if that was the case I wouldn't remember seeing those other photos, right.

There are several dozens of threads on this forum about that phenomenon and we already saw photos of that process in action.
We don't know if it's the same process, those photos that you talk about are from regions close to the poles (if I remember it well, around 70º south, most of those images are from the southern hemisphere), these photos are from regions relatively close to the equator (less than 25º north or south).

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge
What if this anomaly has been unearthed (unmarsed ? :s) by those ghost flowing ?
I don't think so, we can see that those flows do not show signs of having enough energy to unearth (or unmars
) anything, they only leave a slight mark on the ground.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ziggystar60 has already posted a link to NASA on the first page. NASA has already said that they think surface water has flowed there within the last seven years.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Do you have an opinion on that artifact to what it could be or do you think it is image artifact light and shadow trick

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

But do you agree that a rock with a hole in it is quite rare, but a rock with two white "legs" or call it what you want, is more than rare ? :p

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
we really, REALLY need to take our men to mars! we NEED to explore it, build up bases there!

it be so awesome if we could have 4, or 5 planets with bases and #..

seriously.

absolutely seriously this would be so awsome

[edit on 31-10-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Well, all this flow could be the Mars aliens' sewage outfall!

They gotta send their raw sewage somewhere... "

This is the first thing I thought of, too. Could be an ancient sceptic tank still leaking. As a construction worker thats the frist thing I would check.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Keep in mind that what we're analyzing, and taking word for is a space agency's data. "Nasa (insert vile, naughty things they do to photos)" But in the same breath: "They (Nasa), say the atmosphere isn't all that pressurized, the temps are blah blah blah". Why take their word for one thing, and not the other? How can it be Nasa doctors photos, but the 'hard' data from the same place is untampered and untarnished? For all any of us know, the equator there is like sitting in the sun in Miami, complete with loud music and bikinis! Or, it could be cold, yes, but the atmosphere is at least 3/4 of Earths.

Keep in mind- you cant trust someone halfway. it's ether 100% trust, or NO trust. I think we need to decide one way or another- because this halfway crap makes my brain hurt.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Well if water has been found on the moon and other moons and planets in our solar system then mars has to be one of top listed planets.

But could it also be lava? what I sure doubt that this is lava.

great post S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedge

A rock with a hole is relatively rare, a rock with two white "legs" is rarer, so rare that I haven't seen any, even in that photo.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

fascinating , I can hardly control my excitement .

a distant barren rock has some water .

- note to self - DILLIGAF

...... and there could be some microbes !! ?

- YAWN to SELF -

if yo dont give an *insert explative* then find elsewhere to post.

Anyway i saw this it seems several months ago but can't remember where.

Its always exciting when liquid water is suspected on another planet. . . . especially one that lies on the far edge of the so called "habitable zone".

Even though it's not a raging river it is liquid and thats what is important to microbial life

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

NASA is not the only one with Mars data, so it's easier to verify than the photos.

But I have never seen a photo from a science related NASA site with signs of tampering, so, until proven otherwise, I consider their scientific data (including photos) good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join