It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid (water?) flows on Mars Now!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Could you tell where did you got that image from? I cannot find it on that photo.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

This is where image says the pics came from...I think,

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Let us plant some seeds and see how it does!

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Raabjorn]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I post regularly on threads that have useful bandwidth'

..... but this one ? , snow, ice , rocks with legs , etbases ,

tunnels , etc.

just another attempt to prove evolution , me thinks , a futile

and expensive , wild goose chase .

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks, but I can't find it in that photo, that's the problem of having big photos.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

So you just see a rock where i see a rock with a hole and 2 white stuff on each side ? not speaking of the shadow ?

On the whole picture there is only on thing that catch the eye. Find me all those other rocks that just merely ressemble this one please !

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Try This www.marsanomalyresearch.com..., there is plenty of

things there to convince you all!

Naz

[edit on 31-10-2009 by nazo102]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Imagine though. What is NASA hiding? A flow of sorts...

I don't know why you say NASA is hiding this. They've already discussed pictures of possible runoff like this a few years ago (although not these particular pictures). At that time, they saidpublicly that they think it could be water.

If they were trying to hide the possibility of water, you would think that they would not have brought it to our attention back in 2006.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It's possibly in the Google map, I didn't look far enough. There is also a secondary image over to the right and down a bit at that link.

There is some crazy stuff on the blow-up image as regards the water lines.
Most if not all seem to originate at or below a recognisable peak. One I notice goes through, (into) a crater and out of it on the way down. Another line appears to go into a cleft, or perhaps a waterfall, and reappears on the other side. If it is an outflow of water, there must be quite a lot of it,

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
These photos could be of water rising to the surface, sublimating as it is ejected and then blown downwind, leaving behind mineral deposits at ground level.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Adamus]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge
So you just see a rock where i see a rock with a hole and 2 white stuff on each side ? not speaking of the shadow ?
I don't even know if I see a rock where you see a rock with a hole and 2 white stuff on each side, because I do not see anything that looks like it has a hole and 2 white stuff on each side, that's why I want to look to the original photo.

On the whole picture there is only on thing that catch the eye. Find me all those other rocks that just merely ressemble this one please !
In your opinion, to me there are at least four things that "catch the eye", but I know what you're talking about, after all Imagir zoomed (too much) on it, so I suppose that is "your" rock, and this version of the photo it does not look different from the other outcroppings at the top of the image.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamus

In some of the photos that show these flows it's visible that the flow "digged" a little the slope, so the mark is slightly sunk on the surface, making me think that it was a relatively big volume of liquid.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamus

That is a good thought Adamus, but why is it venting mostly higher up as the blow-up pic suggests? you know the old "Water finds its own level" syndrome should still apply. Is Mars being squeezed by the S and C's

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
There is water on Mars, no doubt.

However, it is very difficult for the water to be "liquid" because of the atmospheric pressures and temperatures.

Here is a good article:
science.nasa.gov...

So, the big question is not whether water exists on Mars -- it does -- but rather is there liquid water despite the planet being so cold?

"I used the model to look for regions that meet the minimum requirements for liquid water -- above the triple point and below the boiling point," explained Haberle. "According to the model, the highest surface pressure, 12.4 millibars, occurs at the bottom of the Hellas Basin (a low-lying area created by an ancient asteroid strike). The problem is that the boiling temperature there is only +10 °C. It can't get very hot or the water will boil away."

I understand your perspective, but what if Nasa's deception covers issues like the habitability of our neighboring planets? I completely distrust Nasa's intentions and materials that are produced.

Rather, I distrust their motives in releasing such information, and deferring the exact nature of Mars or any other planet to researchers and scientists (although logical and necessary), especially Nasa's official statements in general leaves me questioning how on the level our sources really are.

I know, I know, that just saying that all planetary information could be tampered with, or are straight out lies is quite a vast accusation that can't be legitimated with a 'gut feeling' and scattered blurred photos. Yet, if the conspiracy is complete and total, covering every aspect of our views of the cosmos and ourselves, then such a state of affairs is almost required.

What I am meaning to say is that whether or not Mars exists in the state commonly believed, is up for grabs. I am sure that Mars is not (at least on the surface) a watered, lush, playground, and Nasa does not just Photoshop Mars photos to convince us that it is a desert.

I just hope that with your post utilizing Nasa's information on Mar's habitability, that you are willing to hold on to a grain of salt, because we are accepting a lot when it comes to universal constraints and the complete understanding of time and space. You do make a good point though.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Hi Gideon,
NASA is saying that there is liquid water on Mars and has impacted the surface and then froze. What they were trying to figure out is how the water reached the surface, flowed out and then froze, and not frozen before it reached the surface. The answer could be so simple that an Earth plumber could tell you, but then this is water on Mars.

This 2007 link could have an answer somehow,

www.newscientist.com...

and perhaps this one from NASA 2003,
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
I understand your perspective, but what if Nasa's deception covers issues like the habitability of our neighboring planets? I completely distrust Nasa's intentions and materials that are produced.
And ESA?
And what about the old Soviet Union missions?

Are all working together in a worldwide conspiracy involving all space-related scientists?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It does appear that some form of liquid is percolating out of the crater butte. But that in itself doesn't make it water and doesn't make water sustainable on the Martian surface.

Still and all, I personally think the evidence is that liquid water is present just underneath the surface... probably in aquifers that offer a haven from the arid surface conditions and make a possible habitat for some form of life.

We really won't know until we go... and if we wait for NASA, we might as well box ourselves up in our coffins and hope for rapture first.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
highly its doubtful its water of any kind due to so many factors, but it can possibly be liquid something. unless its some highly highly saline water that can stay in a slush form

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
highly its doubtful its water of any kind due to so many factors, but it can possibly be liquid something. unless its some highly highly saline water that can stay in a slush form

As you indicated, there are a few factors keeping liquid water from lasting very long on the surface of Mars. One of the biggest problems with liquid water on Mars is not the temperature, but the lack of air pressure.

Even if the temperature on Mars was well above freezing (but the atmosphere was otherwise the same as it is), liquid water would still not exist for a very long time on the surface -- it would very quickly "sublimate" away (turn to water vapor) due to very low atmospheric pressure. The same thing will happen on Earth in a vacuum chamber -- water will sublimate into vapor even at 60 degrees F when exposed to a vacuum.

However, NASA scientists think it is possible that liquid water can last longer on the surface of Mars if mixed with some of the Martian soil. In that case, this "muddy" water/soil mixture may have a chance to flow for a while before the water sublimates out of the mud.

[edit on 10/31/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I noticed the same anomaly in some Mars Surveyor Images back in 2003. Here is one of the images I found.

www.msss.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join