It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think your poor? compare your wealth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Check THIS site out. Lemme know your results, i know wealth can be a touchy subject but hey its BTS and the odds are we dont really know anyone else here anyway.

I'm in the top 8.44% apparantly... i dont feel so poor anymore.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by kinglizard]

D

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm in the 8.72 % of the world's richest. Well, guess i should never complain about my financial situation.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm in the top 14.34% of the richest people in the world, jeez, that's pretty good for saying I'm 15...

My Mother's ALOT higher, wahey!
But tbh there are alot of poor countries out there...but I donate to charities anyhoo
And now I feel less poor...?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by LadyCool21]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You are in the top 5.99% richest people in the world.

There are 5,640,257,352 people poorer than you.

Yeah right... I don't feel so "rich", cause if I was, I'd certainly be helping more people out....

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You are in the top 0.899% richest people in the world.

There are 5,946,042,435 people poorer than you

That just ain't right.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well this is what I got:

"You are in the top 0.45% richest people in the world.

There are 5,972,967,435 people poorer than you."

Funny, I dont feel rich at all.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is what I got: You are in the top 0.659% richest people in the world.
There are 5,960,402,435 people poorer than you.

I put in a $100 just for the fun of it and they still want 6 cents a month from me. They just want to make you feel bad so you will give your money to them.

You are in the top 95.98% richest people in the world.
There are 240,963,855 people poorer than you.
How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour's salary (approx $0.06)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by specialasianX

Wow - I'm in the top 0.97% AND I'm in the military.... lol go figure.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Anybody that has a roof over their heads is richer than 1/2 the world, think about it that way and not monetary way.

I stop and think often, how blessed I am that I was born where I was, but also I think about those born in Haiti, Africa, India in all those third world nations that have no idea what running water is.............

So, the money part doesn't even equate in their minds........... rich to them would be have the most basic elements we take for granted.... water, electricity, and food.

Just thought I would throw that in there. I am thankful everyday, with what I have and everyday, I ask how I can help others or be a positive influence or do something good for our world.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't think the site was very accurate, anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am the 9,768,234th riches snob on earth. And now I'm just wasting the rest of this sentence so that I can legally post this reply.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Perspective is a B sometimes. 12.44% and that's with a $10 an hour job.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If 95% of my income didn't go to bills and providing for my family then yes, I would definitely feel rich, even with the huge pay cut I got last month.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I put in 22k a year and was the 10% then I put in 22 bucks a year and it told me I am the richest person in the world, even though I was on the bottom of the scale in the poor side.

I agree the website tries to make you feel bad, it uses the same science as the weight machine at the Big E fair. I stood on it and it told me I was the same weight as an adult sheep or something like that. My bro got on who is 100 pounds lighter than me and got the same answer.

Not a bad website just misinforms.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know about other countries but it's illegal to be poor in Amerika.

I've seen places like India where a guy lives in a cardboard box by the railroad tracks. Sad but in Amerika if you try to live in a cardboard box by the railroad tracks (or anywhere else), you will be carted off to jail for vagrancy and trespassing.

Many poorer countries don't have running water or electricity but if you don't have electricity in Amerika, the state takes your children away from you.

In countries where there is hopelessness and despair, grown men can be seen standing around on street corners with nothing to do; no work. In Amerika, you'll be arrested for loitering.

They may be poor but at least they have a measure of freedom in their abysmal poverty. Amerika's poverty lies in it's inability to rest. Gotta stay busy and keep moving or face a loitering charge. Gotta have a pocket full of cash or get busted for vagrancy.

You can be poor on the streets and have a measure of control over your own destiny or be poor in jail where you have no control over your life. I've experienced both types of poverty and much prefer the poverty of the street over the poverty of incarceration.

It's true we live like kings in comparison to some places but we're really just serfs in gilded cages.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Im the poorest. I don't have a job, so I'm with you know the starving people. I pretty much knew that.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Holy crap I'm in the 0.98% top riches people in the world. I couldn't live on $2 a day to get by. How dod these people do it??

top topics

join