It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call off your dogs!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You could always hunt them down with Eagles

This is the first time I have tried to post a link hope it worked!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by TriggerFish]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Interesting topic.... I had always assumed in the event of a "catastrophic sit x" scenario that the dogs would disappear in about a month just like anything else that walks on 4 legs. (disappear into the bellies of the hordes of hungry humans who ran out of food in a week) So I never gave this "threat" a second thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have read if you put vinegar around the perimeter of the yard, they do not like it. How true? No idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

WTF..?!

Listen to me...I started thinking photoshop, until my days of watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom came to mind.

That was quite the video...to think a 'bird' can take down something of that size is insane.

I get it, but how remarkable, none-the-less...

S 4 U...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

Nice vid. I bet they could do some damage to the coyote problem we have around here.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The only things birds will take down around here are chickens...

Hmmm... I wonder if we should start an ATS Survivalists cookbook for dogs (an include a few for Hawks or Eagles just incase we get one of them while we're popping off the dogs)...?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

cook book would be cool...LOL...as for how to cook the Hawks and Eagles, prepare them just like the spotted owl, they taste just like chicken...If your from Northern California you'll get that joke.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To take out dogs, coyotes, wolves. you take a springy piece of metal wood or bamboo with sharp points on the ends and bend it double and put it inside a piece of meat.about 1/2 the size of your fist or smaller.

These animals when in packs will grab and gulp down meat before others in the pack can take it from them.

These metal wood or bamboo pieces will open up in the animals digestive track and kill them with in days.

Broken glass in meat also works to take out dangerous animal packs.

The biggest danger may not be from attacks by these dog packs.
but may come from 3 or more or packs working a area and killing off large game you need to survive.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Been stocking up on ammo... Anything that comes into my line of sight and isnt waving a white flag or bearing gifts will be shot. People bearing gifts will be welcomed, their gifts will be accepted, then they will be shot. Ive been thinking about how to send a message to people who potentially happen upon my premises. I think the ol' head on a spear should do the trick!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by Jkd Up

Been stocking up on ammo... Anything that comes into my line of sight and isnt waving a white flag or bearing gifts will be shot. People bearing gifts will be welcomed, their gifts will be accepted, then they will be shot. Ive been thinking about how to send a message to people who potentially happen upon my premises. I think the ol' head on a spear should do the trick!

Ahhh yes, nothing like a generous and compassionate attitude to brighten the day...

Seriously, an attitude like this will bring more trouble than it gets you out of...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I say this from experience after being attacked by a pack of feral Rottweilers while I was walking home drunk one night.)

Now that should be the start of its own thread!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

The head on a stick, absolutely, positively works.

It doesn't have to be a spear. Just find a small sapling, cut if off at the desired height, and mount. Ideally, this would be on a natural trail or most likely approach to your place.

Something shiny attached to draw attention to it from a short distance also helps.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The idea that dogs are cowardly probably will work a good deal of the time but not always.

We've all heard about dog owners being mauled or killed by their own dogs on occasion. This will happen when these dogs are running together in packs.

Imagine a pack of 10-15 dogs and many of them are pit bulls, rottweilers, german sheperds, mastifs, and so forth. The first dogs to be turned out by their owners will be the ones that take the most effort to feed. They are most likely going to be the most agressive and have the least fear of humans.

These will be the dogs that go wild first, breed first and develop pack leadership. They have many of the abilities of wolves but have no fear of man and are accustomed to us and our food and dwellings.

They become wild quickly and their offspring are going to be born wild.

Dogs will be a threat.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

i would have to say keep a fire going ... animals have that instinct ... fire bad. But i guess if you need a more active approach i wouldnt want to kill the things ... id get some rock salt pellets ... they wont forget how much that hurts

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by Jkd Up

Wow! That's quite an attitude. Kinda like the military peronel in 28 DAYS LATER. Not a real ATS outlook there man....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Country folk and farmers have often had experiences with wild dog packs....

Not so many years ago, my Grandad discovered a pack of strays circling his mule, made a hasty retreat to the house for his rifle and returned to even the odds.

The mule had managed to keep the dogs at bay, but he was lathered and tiring badly, it would not have taken long for the pack to move in and get him down...

This pack was made up of various types of dogs, in a range of sizes....the smaller ones were likely female, as smaller males would have been driven off.
They behaved like an organized group, surrounding the larger animal, circling and taking turns diving at his heels till he was exhausted....

Grandad cautiously followed the pack after they ran off, finding that they had 'burrows' in a nearby wooded area. One even had a litter of pups in a nicely dug, dry hollow under a fallen tree's root......the pups were 'good looking' and seemed to have no fear of humans, so he tucked one into the bibb of his overalls and left.

He rounded up a few other neighbors and that night they returned to the den and killed most of the pack....( the pups were all saved and given to good homes).

We have recently had some trouble with dogs that were left behind when some neighbors faced foreclosure and lost their homes....apparently leaving their pets to fend for themselves. We know they got quite a few chickens, and suspect them in the disappearance of a cat....at least two neighbors had their smaller dogs attacked.

We've taken care of the problem for now, ( rifle and county animal control traps)...but as hard times continue so will this risk....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Thank you for that story. It's great to have things like that on threads! Really adds depth to the thread. Unfortunatly, the problem is one that won't end anytime soon, with pet owners releasing or not spaying or neutering their dogs... It's the dogs that always loose out. I rescued my puppy and loved him every minute he's been with us.

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by lilwolf

i would have to say keep a fire going ... animals have that instinct ... fire bad. But i guess if you need a more active approach i wouldnt want to kill the things ... id get some rock salt pellets ... they wont forget how much that hurts

As far as the fire = bad mentality, many domesticated animals have had that bred put of them. My rottweiler's favorite place to be was right in front of the fireplace when I still had one. In cold weather fire is as likely to aggravate the situation than alleviate it.

As for the rock salt, you'd rather maim and possibly cripple the animal then outright kill it cleanly? A dog wounded in such a manner wont die from the rock salt, but will be torn to pieces by its "packmates" while in such a weakened condition.

To the individual a few posts back who suggested bent metal or wood inside hunks of meat. Quite frankly I find that to be disgusting and cowardly. If you are going to take a living creature's life at least have the guts to do it cleanly and quickly.

My rotty was killed because my neighbor was convinced that they were dangerous animals and needed to be put down. One day when I wasn't looking said neighbor jumped the fence and put antifreeze in my dogs water dish. Yea the big dangerous dog let this **** get close enough to poison him. Needless to say this is something I feel very passionate about. My beloved family member died a slow painful death because of someone tampering with his water.

The moral of all this is: from a very young age it has been instilled in me that ALL life is sacred, and should never be taken away carelessly or needlessly. And if I must kill something, kill it quickly cleanly and with dignity.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

yeah until that life is trying to end yours...

Dogs in packs are hugely more dangerous and unpredictable that just a single dog, Id rather have the pack eat the weak dog rather than my face

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'd rather eliminate the threat quickly and humanely. I don't see whats wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join