It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudley (UK) UFO video hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Springer has mentioned this story in passing in another thread, but I think there are lessons to be drawn from this episode which warrant a separate thread.

A local paper in the UK has published the following story on its website:

Jamie Gardner, from Wolverhampton, said he captured a video recording of a triangular-shaped UFO floating over the Black Country shopping centre while he was walking to a friend’s house near Netherton hill.

The sighting has echoes of the infamous “Dudley Dorito” which was seen flying over the area during 2007 and 2008.

Mr Gardner, who posted his recording online at www.expressandstar. com ... said: “I noticed something hovering in the sky in the distance above Merry Hill, so I got my mobile phone straight out to film the object. After looking closely at it, the craft looks manmade.

“I’ve done some research and it might be called the Aurora Project, a hypersonic jet which the US government created in the 80s but denied its existence until recently.”

Mr Gardner claims the same craft has been seen throughout the UK over the past few years

But the relevant footage has been floating around the Internet for quite a while, but with different stories attached to it. For example, it appears on Youtube with the title "TRIANGLE UFO Paris France Possible TR 3B Project Francais July 23, 2008"):

This fact was pointed out fairly quickly in the comments on the relevant webpage and has since been pointed out to the BBC by ufologist Timothy Good, as noted in a story on the BBC website.

(The "original" footage has been discussed on ATS previously in this thread and, I think, others).

But this episode demonstrates how hoaxed videos can circulate for years, with different stories attached to them.

Unfortunately, it is rather difficult to search for photos or videos without using keywords based on the story that accompanies the images. Change the story, and it is difficult to track down previous postings of the image.

I've been collating details on infamous ufos and videos for quite a while (and posting extracts on ATS), as have some others (notably Internos).

We need to remember the old videos (even if - or particularly if - they were conclusively shown to be hoaxes) because it is just so easy to recirculate old images, with or without minor editing.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 21-10-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Despite the hoaxes there are vehicles being used.
Crop circles tell us powerful scalar voltage is focused by bulbs
of unknown origin to most of us not in the know.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah that would be easy to do i could pump a video like that out pretty quickly, in truth anyone could.
Im more of a maya man but here is how easy it is in 3d max

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah that would be easy to do i could pump a video like that out pretty quickly, in truth anyone could.

Thanks for that link. The amount of time and effort necessary to hoax UFO photos/videos is often over-estimated (which often results in suggestions that a hoax had to be funded by disinformation agents, when in fact it could have been produced by a single individual just having a laugh).

Edit to add: By the way, amusingly this video has now started spreading to various UFO forums and blogs with discussion of potential investigation in Dudley etc without anyone (as yet) bothering to note that this is not a new video at all despite this information having been posted in the comments section on the webpage carrying the original article, plus being posted on the BBC website and in this thread...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
www.gotmyidea.com...#

I prefer this method, almost the same idea but takes more time. But this way you can get it "going behind" objects and since the distance is "real" (in the program) you don't get that effect of the object you are making looking like it is infront of the object it is comming out from.
And yes it is almost as easy to add a video as the backround instead of just a still photo, it again takes more time because you have to move the foreground objects that are seen as the backround (the green mountians in this video) around to line up with the video and the camera.
Now the guy in this video kinda made an over the top UFO model but for what people will buy as a UFO video these days, he could have knocked down the quality and added a date stamp to make it look like a cam corder. He could of also made the UFO a chrome ball or a black dot and people would have eaten it up(remember the recent UFO in Spain fisherman vid?).

[edit on 21-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, cell phones don't have the ability to rack focus or have night-vision capabilities. Although, I'm a little behind on the whole iPhone craze, so I may be wrong.

I just highly doubt this was shot on a cell phone, if it's real at all.

If it is real, I guess that'd be the T3RB, after all.

~G

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

This is CGI matie still cool but I'm tied of it especially when your looking for Real Stuff.
I will get to him for My CGI page

My CGI page

Zelong.

new topics

top topics

join