It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'Monster' lawyer comes knocking at a small brewery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A 'Monster' lawyer comes knocking at a small brewery

www.walletpop.com

For the owner of a small craft brewery in Vermont, the legal letter on behalf of Monster Energy Drink parent company Hansen Beverages was baffling: Stop using "Vermonster" as the name of one your beers because consumers might confuse it with the energy drink.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/tell-corporate-america-that-you-will-not-tolerate-the-bullying-of-smaller-companies[/url]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by vermonster]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. Vermonster is a hand crafted high alcohol Barleywine style beer bottled in huge 22oz bottles. It retails for around 6 bucks. Who is going to confuse this with a black can of energy drink for 2 bucks? This is pure corporate bullying. I'm new to ATS, so hello all. Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks about this.

www.walletpop.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Another crazy event to add to the list.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, to me "Vermonster" is obviously a play on the word "Vermont", and it's quite a stretch for Monster drink corp to attest otherwise. I can't imagine Hansen having much luck with their lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It just reinforces my belief in the total depravity of mankind. Why do people think they can 'own' everything? Like monsanto and their seeds and pharmas and their drugs..

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lets be fair!

Who had the name FIRST?

Thats all that matters to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is no mistakening that tall bottle of beer with the Navajo god on front with a can of Monster Energy drink with a claw mark. Looks to me the small company is being bullied, however there are questions that should be asked.
Who used their product name first?
Also if Vermonster was being sold before Monster Energy Drinks arrived in the region then this case is open and shut, and Monster would need to get lost!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Im pretty sure with your name, and your date joined, you are a one issue poster. And this litigation certainly doesn't rise to the level of a conspiracy.

Edit to add: You have 1 post. Thus you cannot Start a thread. Read the T&C

[edit on 10/16/2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The term "Vermonster" has been around forever, just like we "New Hampsters," although I'm not sure when it was first put on a drink label...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

But it is Breaking News. Parochial, of limited interest to many but still Breaking News. There are a lot of topics posted here that are not conspiracy based.

As for the OP, I'm not sure how it works in the States but in the UK (providing you are not stealing some ones trade mark) there would have to be some evidence of 'passing off' eg:trying to occupy the same ground as the complainant.

new topics

top topics

join