It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Valkyrie on hold...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The failed 20 July 1944 attempt on the life of Adolf Hitler ended with a score less than 5,000 assasinations, which in effect brought down the entire German resistance. The assassination failed because of one critical detail, a German officer moved the briefcase carrying the bomb behind a pair of heavy legs of the tables that were stacked together, so the blast was deflected leaving Hitler with minor injuries and a pair of trousers short, while among others the stenographer went down in the explosion..

Had the attempt not failed so entirely, Nazi Germany could have brought down Hitler themselves, and the world would probably have been entirely different.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That was the last attempt that ever came close after that Hitler was finally keenly aware of the attempts on his life after his life was saved before Chamberlin in Munich and Mussolini after that..I am a little fuzzy on all the details but bottom line I feel that he same folks who saved Hitler are part of the 100 year old conspiracy to create a New World Order with a chronology leading to a perfect manchurian candidate in Ba_Ra_KO_Ba_Ma

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is another side of the coin.

If Hitler had not succeeded, we would not recognize the same pattern emerging today. People can only learn from what they recognize. People today will not accept a world war like before because of this.

Many people believe the World War 3 will be just like World War 1 and World War 2 because thats the image they have in their mind. Not many realize that it started on 9/11 and is currently going on. America is building a empire but nobody recognizes it as a world war.

Its a war very different from the ones before it.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So whats the point of this thread again?

You made a post just to make a statement? Anyone who has even the smallest knowledge of history already knows this lol.

I guess im failing to understand what this post is about or why its even needed.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well, this is one of the world's greatest conspiracies, which if it had succeeded there might have been no D-day, no terrorbombing of Dresden, and appart from the war at the other side of the world, the war in Europe could have ended there. I was wondering if anyone were interested in this particular conspiracy, nothing else.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: There was no absolute guarantee that with Hitlers death the war in Europe would of ended or that the German resistance would have been able to effect any other operations to that end! In fact it could of turned out much worse if Borman, Goebels, Himler or Goering had ended up in charge! Also regardless of whether the Conspiracy worked or not, those who were hunted and executed for this "crime" [I use that term extremely loosely OK!
] would still have most likely hunted and executed anyway! If the German officer had realized that he was most likely to end up dead either way then he might just of kamakazied it by babysitting the breifcase bomb and then this would all be a moot point! His martyrdom to a failed plot shows gutsyness but imagine how much higher esteem he would of earned with a martydom to a successful plot!

Personal Disclosure: Hitlers demise would of created a vaccume and we all know that via quantum mechanics that weird things can pop out of vaccumes due the FACT the nature abhores them! But if the exercise was to change the status quo, then that might just of been a price TPTB at the time were willing to pay!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

German Army (Wehrmacht Heer) officers General Friedrich Olbricht and Major General Henning von Tresckow modified the plan [Wehrmacht's Operation Valkyrie (NCM)] with the intention of using it to take control of German cities, disarm the SS, and arrest the Nazi leadership once Hitler had been assassinated in the July 20 Plot. Hitler's death (as opposed to his arrest) was required to free German soldiers from their oath of loyalty to him (Reichswehreid). After lengthy preparation, the plot was carried out in 1944, but failed.
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Atleast there was a plan of a coup de etat, well sorted out and founded on Wehrmacht's own procedures to take over SS and replace the government. Not many talk about this but at that time within the Wehrmarcht there were much dismay and many recented the idea of Hitler running the show, but carried on like good soldiers and Germans keeping the oath they had all sworn.

top topics

join