It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Attention: All U.S. Military forces**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Blasting U.S. civilians with sound cannons is a violation of Posse Comitatus! en.wikipedia.org...

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States. The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act during peacetime.

Your duty to the constitution is to disobey illegal orders!

Freedom loving citizens will support you only as long as you protect the constitution!

Failure to do so will result in a civil war that will leave a bloody stain on American History!

This message is brought to you by peace loving Americans that want a nice place to do business, and raise our kids, if you want the same please stand with us on the right side of history.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Hey, thanks for reminding a few People of this. Not only the military, but regular US American People need to know their Rights, and how they apply, or interact with the Govt.

People need to remember the Government is a servant of the People; Not the People are the servant of the Government.
S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"Tyranny cannot come to the door of any American unless it comes in uniform. If police officers and soldiers will not enforce tyranny, it will never be enforced."
Jack McLamb

I have an intense disregard for the source, but unfortunately he's right.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Is Jack McLamb the sheriff that is on AJ sometimes?

Anyway, yes it is true. I am quite disturbed by the events unfolding at the G20. I thought the patriot ratio in the Military was higher than it actually is.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

With all due respect to the OP I agree.

Unfortunately, it won't make a damn bit of difference. Games will be played. Orders will be followed.

This is going to have to be a battle fought one street, one neighborhood at a time.

It's going to be ugly. Brotther against brother.

I don't really know what will happen in the future, but I will pray to any god or gods that will listen.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I hear you brother, troubling and trying times lie ahead my friends....

I never would have thought that free speech in peaceful demonstrations would be silenced by sound cannons (LRAD) and "free speech zones". I was taught that any ground within our borders was a free speech zone.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Do you even know your rights?

I think the thread linked above will help some people to understand the true power dynamic between us and our government.

Read it and understand that YOU are the authority figure not them.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What a shame our country is coming to this! I keep hearing police and military personnel say thay are for the people. You cant tell that when they are together on the street inforcing illegal actions against American citizens excersizing their rights.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. – Thomas Jefferson (1743-1846), U.S. President, Letter to Abigail Adams, 22 February 1787

[edit on 26-9-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Where were there military? I saw POLICE stamped on the vehicles, and the personnel did not look like military. Do you have a video of military deploying this?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ok so if this is in violation then why don't we do something about this. And I don't mean talk a 20 page post about it. Oh yeah that's right nobody in the main stream media will listen. People we truly are powerless against these tyrants, force is the only way to get their attention, sad but true. If anybody thinks that the cops and armed forces will be on our side take a look around. Doesn't look to promising to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Was there an incident where U.S. military forces used sound cannons against civilians?

In Pittsburgh police (civilian authority) used sound cannons:

'Sound cannons' give unmistakable warning

Police crackdown on G20 protesters

Was there some other incident where federal military used sound cannons?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
G20 Cops Dressed In Camo 'Snatch' Protester!
rawstory.com

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This whole situation is coming to a climax, The people will not allow the militar or any other governing body to take over the streets. Yes the severly uneducated will help TPTB. The others who are to busy watching reality tv shows on gaytv will be sitting in thier house snitching on people who are fighting for thier rights. There will even be citizens helping our military fight the people in the streets. I for one have talked to hundreds of people, I actually work with the public and tell them on a daily basis whats going on, and they laugh, and look at me funny, I then ask them do they want to see the proof this is going on, 9 times out of 10 the answer I get is you need to stop worrying so much, Quit listening to crazy people. I then go off on them and tell them to gtfo of my country. Im sick and tired of the crap this government is ramming down our throats. What does it actually take to get these people in the court of law. Just think, if only 20% of the american people march the streets in protest theres 60 million gun toting americans who are highly pissed off. Tell me what force in our country, will stop 60 million people fighting for thier lives and childrens lives? None. I do not forsee this revolution taking long. I for one will not hesitate to massacre any individual that encroaches on ANY of my god given rights. I know im not alone in this. Citizens at these protests, It's time to stand up for your rights, if it involves going nuts on these idiotsd in riot gear standing on the streets so be it. If you have 50 riot control officers in the street and 200 people, the 200 people win every single time. LET THEM know it isnt acceptable to be against the american people. We should be arresting these officers and military personnel in the streets. How do they fight back if they have no soldiers to push thier corrupt agenda?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Never mind. You added link

[edit on September 26th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I did, that was my point. They were police dressed in military dress.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I am quite disturbed by the events unfolding at the G20. I thought the patriot ratio in the Military was higher than it actually is.

I imagine the patriot ratio in the Military is higher. Those who are true patriots are in the front lines overseas as Cannon Fodder. The robots who unthinkingly follow orders are here in the USA to enforce the "overlords" tyranny. You did not think 9/11, the Patriot Act, an overseas war to drain off young men and the financial crisis were all happening together by chance did you?

The World Trade Organization, designed to ship US industry overseas and obtain complete control of the World Food Supply was ratified in 1995. Just before that, David Rockefeller when speaking at the UN Business Council in Sept 17 1994 stated:

"This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

It all moves to a master plan but few see The Global Warming Hoax, the Food Safety Con Job, The Federal Reserve Ripoff, The Political Activist Puppet show, much less the cast of characters, including the Democrats in Washington, behind it

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No proof at the G20 maybe but last years Marine "Urban Warfare Training", that was really Martial Law Training, conducted in several cities is enough evidence for me.

Sorry, VIOLATION

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I agree.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Brother against brother, Father against son...Just as it was in 1775.

Although, this time around (IF there is another bloody civil war) i have a feeling it will be less brother against brother or father against son, and more of a bloodbath for everyone concerned...the Federal military, have much more sophisticated weaponry and equipment at their disposal (why can't they find terrorists in caves then?), satellites, IR, thermal imaging etc.

Also there are new devices most have not seen or heard of, such as a hand held imager capable of penetrating up to 8 meters through concrete, wood, plaster, and so on...in short, if you're in, under or around, they can see you.
Police and Army already have this available. (Not many places to hide) Whether or not a layer of thin lead sheet would prevent it seeing, i don't know.

Handguns and rifles against 21st century military and police tech would be a bit like a catapult against an stealth fighter.

Not trying to put anyone off anything they want to do, or NEED to do, but before talk of bloody revolution impresses the weak minded, they should be informed as to what they're going to be up against.
Direct conflict is probably not the way to go these days...everyone stopping working, stop paying taxes, stop paying mortgages would have more chance of success IMO.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Most in the military are patriots?

Really?

Certainly not in the Marine corps though eh?

What's their motto again?

Corps, god THEN country isn't it? Seems to me, their first allegiance is to the Marines and their officer class, then to god, and finally to the people.

Guess that means if the officer class tells them to slaughter the people, they will...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join