It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Trash or Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Im so tired of reading and hearing about 2012 and the predictions about the end of the world. Im tired because the whole subject has become addictive. Some say the world will end and others believe we will ascend spiritually and become more enlightened beings

Right now i have 3 children of young ages. Im ok im ex military, Hot on my survival skills and reasonbly fit. My partner also a fitness fanatic and probably
quite able to look after herself. Yet today i have pondered where, How, When
and what will i prepare for 2012? Should i prepare anything? Is there a genuine
reason to worry? Do me and my partner need to prepare ourselves, children, family etc for biblical events in 2012? How will i ensure my children dont suffer?

Where will you be on 21st December 2012? Ok most people probaly give it the
"Ill be at work, its just a normal day" or something like that. But is it?

Whether this whole 2012 thing is true or not i imagine a lot of people around the world (Me included) will on this day surround themselves by loved ones, stay at
home. Can you imagine the sense of relief on the 22nd December 2012 if we are all still here.

Will this "Relief" be the only change after this date. Will this be the kickstart that makes people realise the importance of peace, love and happiness.

I need to know as i imagine do many. Is this whole 2012 thing something that has got out of control? Ive read that it is akin to a Viral scare story fed by the web. I have also read that different cultures have predicted the same events. I have seen no official person address this issue and dismiss it. Why not? But then again i have seen no official person tell us to worry about it either.

Yes if its going to happen there aint much i can do about it but it should would be good to know how many other people out there are taking this seriously enough that they have pondered their actions leading up to this date. How many of you will be at home like a shivering wreck on that day

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Is this whole 2012 thing something that has got out of control? Ive read that it is akin to a Viral scare story fed by the web.

After hours of research, I have your answer...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2377c8a2a76d.jpg[/atsimg]

It's all good man...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I saw your name on the recent posts board as answered to my thread. I kind of expected something uplifting and warming from someone with a name like that and i got what i expected when i opened the post

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I agree with this guy.

Seriously people, don't waste your time and energy on stupid things like these. Go use your time and energy on something else.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

Rockefellers know about it. You should to. be prepared, have some food stocked, weapons if your willing to. do i no its a fact its coming? no, but the big boys seem to think so.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
people smart enough to do research into it will go about there day because they know nothing will happen.

unfortunately irrational outnumbers the rational. i am going to be prepared for the worst. i expect there to be panicked mobs, rioting, looting, and i also believe that there will be mass suicides by cults going to "meet" their gods.

as we get closer to the date i assume that news stations will start picking up on the 2012 story and will be broadcasting "facts" about it. this will just lead normal everyday citizens in to a panic. hopefully nothing of this sort will happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Set aside 2012, were about to go through some rough times.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Most if not all of the worlds religions speak of an end time. 2012 I dont know, but we do seem on the verge of something. The common connection seems to speak of something coming from space and the idea that there are others who visit this world.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I made two such threads as this a while back.

The first one is contemplating that 2012 is a con just like Y2K was one.

Is 2012 The Next Y2K Con-Job Sponsored Via Continuity of Government?

The second one was based upon the theories of if you knew the planet was in jeopardy what would you do.

What If You Knew Planet Earth Was In Jeopardy of Collapsing...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The source for this is as unreliable as it gets. My watch shows 2030 as the end of the world, and manufacturer still exists, unlike Mayans - so they appear to know better how to make predictions. Beware of 2030
On general note - i do not fear that Mayans got the date right. It is impossible. What i am afraid of is self-fulfilling prophecy thingy. There might be crazy people doing crazy stuff to prove that they were right all along. But it will not be dangerous enough for running to the hills. Actually i worry more about thins and next year due to winds of war starting to blow over me.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Can you imagine the sense of relief on the 22nd December 2012 if we are all still here.

What if 2012 was just the start...

[edit on 25/9/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I made two such threads as this a while back.

The first one is contemplating that 2012 is a con just like Y2K was one.

Is 2012 The Next Y2K Con-Job Sponsored Via Continuity of Government?

The second one was based upon the theories of if you knew the planet was in jeopardy what would you do.

What If You Knew Planet Earth Was In Jeopardy of Collapsing...

Thanks my friend i will take a look at those threads.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Planets in our solar system are heating up. This is fact and some are saying it's because we are going through the galaxies center. This would have happened in the past and maybe they just used oral tradition or story telling to pass the information down from generation to generation. No one really knows what will happen when we reach the center and pass through it. I expect temperatures to rise a bit more and it might effect the sun. It's a wait and see situation for us all.

It's something we have no control over. It would not be a bad idea to have an underground safe room just in case something goes wrong. Store food and water. Have a plan.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I suppose 2012 will be what we make of it. Our reaction to an event may be more eventful than the event itself - which may or may not be the intended purpose.

Just keep in mind that:

The Maya
The Hopi
I-Ching
Timewave Zero
Edgar Cayce
Nostradamus

All predict that something will happen. Whether you put any stock into it depends on you.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

are you implying those who do research it, and find significance in 2012, that they are stupid or less intelligent than those who do not believe "anything" will happen?

kind of a ignorant statement don't you think?

i am not one of those people saying, the world is gonna end. because that is just NWO garbage.

i am saying this is a very important time in history according to my knowledge.
there shall be great change and without a doubt things will never be "normal" again.

now, if people are gonna play this off as just another y2k, or another dumb "date".
go ahead, doesn't change the fact that your known "reality" will be rattled.

some people don't realize how lucky they got it and this whole 2012. will make a lot of people just #ing appreciate life, it's what we are meant to do.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'll toss my two cents in - this is how I tend to look at the entire 2012 issue, given my human brain limit.

"2012" isn't mentioned in the Bible - not the actual word, that is. But the effects OF 2012 most certainly are.

List down all of the coming prophecies that deal with natural events, as well as manmade events, then at the very top, give the list a title - called "Coming Prophetical Events".

On my list, 2012 is there right a long with the rest of the soon coming events.

2012, as the scientists are now saying, will bring intense solar storms, increased earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis, floods, and all other natural events.

Now - flip open the Bible, and read Daniel and Revelation - these two books in the Bible discuss these very same events, in detail, that are coming to this planet.

Plus, the Bible also mentions increased behavior of mankind such as jealousy, evil, non belief, murder, theft, pride, blasphemy, etc.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientists to see that everything that is now occurring on the planet is now aligning up, exactly, with biblical prophecy.

The Bible speaks of the last days as like it was during the days of Noah, and Lot. Meaning, mankind was carefree, drinking/marrying, carrying on their every day activities, mocking others for believing in Jesus, and thinking they haven't a care in the world. Remember in Noah's day, God told him to start building the Ark - and the people around the town laughed at him and mocked him - b/c there was no flood, it wasn't raining, and they weren't heeding God's warning.

And then boom.

As far as protection - if a person is saved, and baptized, and has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, you won't have to worry - if you are still on the planet, you, being a believing child of God, will have God's hand of protection upon you. I.e. if the crap is hitting the fan all around you, nothing will touch the hairs of your head. God protects His children - as long as they have accepted His son as their Savior.

I'm torn on the Rapture, but leaning on it being that Christians will be 'snatched up' before the seven year tribulation - if that's the case, and you have received Jesus as your Savior then you won't even be here. God will also protect His small children and infants as they are not accountable for their sins, if they even have any.

If the Rapture isn't true, then you will still be protected no matter what is going on around you.

So bottom line, if you are right with God, either way, whether there is a Rapture or not, you will have God's hand over you for protection.

The people that are standing around mocking and laughing? Well, they will be in the direct line of 'fire' per say. That is what the 'final days' and "Armageddon" are all about - God is ridding His earth of all evil.

Faith, my friend, faith - that is stressed over and over, and over and over, in the Bible. Make sure you have things right with Jesus in your soul, as well as your wife - and yall both stay in God's Word i.e. reading His Bible daily - and pray for His protection, as well as guidance. And you'll be alright.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've posted this experiment before but I'll post it here -

If you want to prove that the pole shift is real, and that we are experiencing it now, this is a cheap easy way to prove that the earth's rotation is indeed slowing:

Get yourself a clock that isn't synch'd automatically. Place it somewhere close to your computer monitor so you can see both times.
I bought a five dollar brand new wall clock at Big Lots.

Your pc clock IS world clock synch'd remember.

Within the first week, you will notice a minute or so difference in the times. The non synch'd clock will appear to be running behind your computer clock time.

I did this for about 7 months - and the difference in minutes got up to around 8 full minutes.

I would still be gauging it except my clock fell off the wall during the night and the battery popped out so I'll have to restart the experiment.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Just keep in mind that:

The Maya
The Hopi
I-Ching
Timewave Zero
Edgar Cayce
Nostradamus

All predict that something will happen. Whether you put any stock into it depends on you.

Peace

And yet the major mainstream religions of Christianity, Buddhism and Islam strangely have nothing whatsoever to say about a "2012 doomsday scenario" ... the only mention comes from self-proclaimed fortune tellers, mystics, fringe science or defunct civilizations

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Saint, good to see you out and about. You probably don't know me, but I've seen and respected your posts for a while.

Here's my take on it:

Like you, I have acquired adaptive skills that might tend me toward survival of a badlands development.

My Bride and I....... we've chosen to simplify our lives as much as possible. We acquire things that might matter in a SitX, but we rarely acquire or stock things that are only a end-of-days requirement.

Short answer: We've adopted systems that will benefit us regardless of the outcome. We grow foods, we've learned to fabricate weapons, we collect water and have good filtration systems. We use a solar cooker now and then. We stockpile foods and rotate those stocks -- that's a no-brainer in that prices never go down, so the worst case is you save money.

Like you, I am former military. In a later incarnation, I was a first responder to both hazmat situations and SAR. We need to take care of each other -- those that are near us, those that cannot help themselves. It all balances out.

I find that I'm somewhat addicted to doom on the History Channel and elsewhere. It makes me feel calmer to absorb a worst case and think that we might be able to mitigate those times, if they happen. I will never acquire or build something that is ONLY an end-of-days thang [concrete underground bunker, etc.]

You know the old saw -- prepare for the enemy's capabilities rather than their intentions. We might have a problem identifying the enemy. I'm not even certain it matters any more. We live in exciting and interesting times. There has never been an age in which then end-of-days was not prophesized; we might look back on this time 20 years from now and laugh......... I hope so.

I've heard friends of mine proclaim that they don't want to survive the "bad times". I don't know about that. I want to have the choice; I can always elect to bow out. I most of all don't want to loose my sense of wonder. Laughter heals sometimes. We need to live, and love and dance and sing.

I don't believe in any Nibiru-like body coming to smite us. Still, there have been -- as you inferred -- may different cultures that talked about the coming years as being a massive change. I greet those times with open eyes. M'Bride and I have chosen to make our stand here, come what may. I can kind of feel your worry with childen involved. You all stick together and help yourselves and others.

My intuitiions? I think a global shift of some manner is coming. I can't say whether I think it will align with the dreaded 2012 days, but I think it is inevitable. Many might die. Many might live and rebuild, discover, create. I hope to be among they, and, truthfully? I hope a horde of my buds rib the hell out of me in 2013 for my foolish notions.

Be safe; sorry for the novella. Brevity isn't my strong suit.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not sure that anything perceptible will happen on December 21, 2012. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that the change will be in the energy and spiritual levels. As far as some dramatic "End of days" type scenario, phooey.

I just don't see it happening. Now, it is a real possibility that between now and the 2012 date there could be a large chunk of the human population taken out. I mean, look at the current world situation. Something is about to arupt before 2012 ever gets here.

<<   2  3 >>

join