It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 2012 The Next Y2K Con-Job Sponsored Via Continuity of Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes, I have heard of 2012 as being the end of the world, who hasn't. the Mayan calendar this, the Government is doing that, they're building underground bunkers here, these are of course all old Cold War theories, yet people are still decrying "the End of the World Is Nie" and that there's a cataclysmic event on the way to wipe out the world as we know it.

I even did a Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics on that very topic, as you can see in the thread below.

What If You Knew Planet Earth Was In Jeopardy of Collapsing...

Anyone who remembers the scare before Y2K can remember people trembling that computers would crash because of the simple numerical value of 1999 changing to 2000 and the theory of it not computing thereby making any and all computers obsolete, as well as the scare tactics of airplane falling down out of the sky, and the national boundaries imploding upon themselves and illegal aliens bum-rushing the borders in order to take advantage of our collapsed system, right?

What if all the scares of the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, that there is a meteor coming towards Earth to wipe us out of existence is another Y2K scare tactic to get people to buy into "the End of the World" so that the proverbial money makers and power brokers could gain more and more power over you as citizens of your individual countries in order to subvert your will to fight Governmental control via means you would never agree to in the first place?

Who hasn't heard of underground bunkers out in the mid-West and the ultra-large Earth moving Tunnel Boring Machines, Hell you can even buy, rent, or lease one of those huge machines from Robbins Tunnel Boring Machines if you had the moolah, but what if this is all a massive scam perpetrated by World Government in order to make people spend their money faster like there is no tomorrow in order to essentially be a giant shakedown?

HHHmmm,...interesting indeed.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This of course would mean Continuity of Government may have been a huge scam for the last five plus decades then?

Interesting how super-secret black funded organizations just seem to soak up money like cat liter dumped into a glass of water, yet trillions are funneled into the economic bailout right in plain sight as well, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Y2K would have been a problem if people did not do anything. The whole Y2K thing was handled well before the critical date but people just were scared somebody missed something. They didn't and all was well. If they did not do anything there could be consequenses all over the place.

2012 has been made into a 'we are all gonna die' type of thing while it originally was the end of an era, not the world, just a time period. Sure, changes suck or at least that is the prevailing opinion but the whole blowing it up to be something cataclysmic is just pushing people into the fear-emotion. Fear sells and makes people easily manipulated. But who knows, maybe the one perpetrading this manipulation are more afraid of us than we are of them. They should be.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I don't think 2012 was meant to be a scam.
Although its used by many scammers to sell things.
I think it was just a misconception.
People found some things from the Myans, and failed to properly understand what it meant.
Then this information got twisted, and turned into all this.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i think it's a high probability.. that just like atrina served as a military and social laboratory to glean data on a relatively small scale (as opposed to national) ..

that Y2K could have easily been used to glean data as a massive "infrastructure upgrade" effort to measure how quickly the nation could respond to the dire need to upgrade the electronics systems.

It worked.. and there were relatively few issues..

now WHAT IF Y2K was the "practice run" .. for a massive world wide upgrade that involves the "HARDENING" of all vital electronics?
"hardening" means.. shielding from EMF radiation.. the type that solar storms produce that can completely debilitate important circuitry within our infrastructure.

i think that if an effort like that was NEEDED .. and forcasted... then it would be VERY UNWISE .. not to have practiced it in order to glean the proper amount of data to ensure ththe survival of such an event...

an event which has been repeatedly forcasted by NASA as of late.. especially since our sun has been so quiet lately.. no storms .. spots etc.. and in 2012 is expected to flip it's poles.. which it does every 11 years.

-

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Some interesting replies so far.

Nothing really that in depth yet though.

It is a huge area where people are speculating the end of the world will happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

It is a huge area where people are speculating the end of the world will happen.

could you please show us some links to where people are saying it's the end of the world?

so far the only people I've seen that are saying anything about the world ending... are people who are writing threads saying that that's what everybody is saying and that they don't believe it.

could you possibly do some backtracking and look up and show us where people are saying that the world is going to end?

only places i see that.. are "reports" on how "that's what everybody's saying".. but i never actually "SEE" where people are saying that...

at all.

-

[edit on 11-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I will have to do some digging for corroborating evidence for that.

In the meantime, if you watch television at all, the History Channel, Science Channel, and countless other shows are constantly speculating about the end of the world with the mentality that something dreadful may happen.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
History Channel, Discover Channel, National Geo TV....and all the rest will exploit the scare potential of this to pull in viewers. Don't trust what they put out. It's not objective and the producers are all sensationalist scum only interested in what will sell. Don't believe any of it. See you in 2013. To be a sucker or not to be a sucker?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FeedingTheRat

This is exactly the type of stuff I was referring to when I created this thread.

Sensationalism sells. End of the world garbage, sells.

Is it all a scam to release you from your money in your wallet?

More than likely.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Norway "Doomsday" seed vault is just one item I was speaking about with this thread.

Norway doomsday seed vault hits 1/2 million mark

Why would we need a "Doomsday" seed vault if there was nothing going on?

As well, think about the "Norway Spiral", maybe it was a signal for something?

Norway Spiral created by Eiscat (New Evidence)

I find it all highly suspect and when suspicious actions happen it makes me investigate.

new topics

top topics

join