It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok a took several minutes but I did get to hear just a bit of it...

That song does not sound like a song at all... It sounds like a cadence.

Those children are being manipulated...brainwashed... Literally.

How many of you military folks can still remember all your cadences?

This ....is ..This is war. They are doing this to your kids...

Not acceptable. not by any measure.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
[repeat post]

There is something 'off' in any country that espouses 'praising their leaders' as a matter of educational policy.

Apparently this is yet another aspect of how we have become more like the third world in recent times.

[/repeat post]

I suspect the lyricist must be in love with Mr. Obama; such assertions as these children are learning to repeat are far over the top.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The overwhelming feeling I get from that is ... creepiness.

If I were the parent of one of those children... heads would already be rolling in that school district.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I can only hope those of us that opposed Obama speaking the the children of the nation can now be a bit more understood...

One speech to the nations kids and the teachers start going NUTS with Obama worship.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by titorite]

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Alright. I'll say it/post it, since no one else has. . .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yeah, that's great!

Hopefully all the parents of those kids are aware of this video and watch it. I'd love to hear some feedback from them.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
weird!!! i haven't been this disturbed since october 2001.

wonder what songs those teachers will be teaching kids when their pay gets cut because AIG aren't able to pay back their debts!!!

aren't personality cults so disturbing though.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Sorry, couldn't watch the whole thing,(wanted to puke after the first twenty seconds) The teacher an school board should be beaten if this is the garbage their forcing onto those kids.

oh by the way, i'm sure you feel the same way, when they have to sing the praises of a christian god, a mythical being.
while i feel this shouldn't be done, and this teacher reprimanded, i don't think she should be " beaten"
maybe we can have all the christian teachers "beaten" because they are indoctrinating kids to worship god and if they don't obey, they will be sent to hell...yeah, apparently no problem with that. i consider that garbage, and that has been happening for along time, and no one has the b*lls to stand up to that indoctrination.
i mean, have you ever talked to some of these young people that come around to your house and want to save you in the name of the lord. i've been looking for the armbands and jackboots, but the only thing i've seen are blank smiles, and heard bible verses, no matter what question you ask them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ok, that teacher seriously needs her arse beat. I mean it. I'm honestly surprised she didn't write in "Now we gonna stick it to whitey" in there somewhere. Flat-out ridiculous. Those parents need to be outraged and demand this witch be terminated (as in fired).

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wonder how the Obama Bots are going to justify this , I've notice most of the time they shrug see it as now big deal . It gets more side ways every day . 2 years ago the same people who hated the Bush regime for the wars now agree with the wars because their guy is in. War is peace.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

There is just something inherintly wrong about giving song and praise to the name of a standing president...or any President really.

Normally song is dedicated to things people find at least close to a perfect idea...not something as imperfect as a human...

It is un natural and is shocking that a mature adult (no matter their political appreciation) would encourage such acts. It seems to me this is something for communist N. Korea or some dictatorship in Africa.

I cant find anything positive to say about this.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Chance321
Sorry, couldn't watch the whole thing,(wanted to puke after the first twenty seconds) The teacher an school board should be beaten if this is the garbage their forcing onto those kids.

oh by the way, i'm sure you feel the same way, when they have to sing the praises of a christian god, a mythical being.
while i feel this shouldn't be done, and this teacher reprimanded, i don't think she should be " beaten"
maybe we can have all the christian teachers "beaten" because they are indoctrinating kids to worship god and if they don't obey, they will be sent to hell...yeah, apparently no problem with that. i consider that garbage, and that has been happening for along time, and no one has the b*lls to stand up to that indoctrination.
i mean, have you ever talked to some of these young people that come around to your house and want to save you in the name of the lord. i've been looking for the armbands and jackboots, but the only thing i've seen are blank smiles, and heard bible verses, no matter what question you ask them.

The difference is that the parents choose to send their kids to a Christian school.

There is no choice here.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The whole church and state separation thing should be expanded to idol worship and state.

For the love of pete people, dont put your kids in these government schools. They're just as bad as these private churchy schools with indoctrination and worse if you take into account the horrible educational standards they have.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm looking for context here, and I'm not finding any.

All I'm seeing is knee-jerk reaction.

So, someone explain please the actual background to what you see on the video, without the die-hard politcal rhetoric that has so far accompanied this?

Maybe something from the school itself? Surely they've been asked to comment on it?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

When compared to the Hitler video, I do not think context matters much.

IMHO, this is wrong, and an outrage.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here's a little bit more about the video (of course, it's from FOX....)

A video posted on YouTube appears to show a New Jersey elementary school class being taught to sing praises of the "great accomplishments" of President Obama.

The video shows nearly 20 young children taught a song overflowing with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," repeatedly chanting the president's name and celebrating his accomplishments, including his "great plans" to "make this country's economy No. 1 again.

The video identifies the kids as students at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, N.J., with taping taking place last June.

The song quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

Among other lyrics, touting a fair-pay bill Obama signed in January: "He said we must be clear today/Equal work means equal pay."

Click here to see the video.

The author of the full lyrics is unknown, but a woman -- possibly a teacher -- can be heard in the beginning of the video correcting and helping a student who has forgotten the words.

The office of the superintendent of Burlington Township School District did not provide comment or confirmation to FOXNews.com that the songs were recorded at B. Bernice Young Elementary when contacted by phone Thursday.

The video was originally posted Sept. 6, two days before Obama made an address to the nation's schoolchildren in which he praised the American education system as the best in the world and urged students to stay in school.

"At the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world," Obama said.

Link: www.foxnews.com...

According to this it's sung to the tune of "Jesus Loves the Little Children" which is really interesting since, instead of having to use the now taboo mantra of being against worshipping the President, we can simply protest the use of a religeous song tune in public schools.

Worshipping the President and the use of religeous song in a public school....this should be an easy bandwagon for all to get behind....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
When compared to the Hitler video, I do not think context matters much.

Well yeah, it does.

Firstly, the Hitler Youth was state organised, state sponsored and no one had a choice at all as to whether their kids attended.

Second is that without context, this could be anything. The kids could have had the idea themselves because of the election and the school ran with it because it was topical, it could be a class theme in social studies or music studies and the whole president thing was chosen, or its possible that the The President could have been visiting the school and they wanted to put on a show - anything like that. Hell - the kids could be there entirely of their own free will in some after class thing.

I'm not saying any of the above is correct, but thats why I'm asking.
Context is key. No one (and I've looked it up on Google too) seems to provide any.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Alright. I'll say it/post it, since no one else has. . .

Alright I'll say it..... We know Hitler was a bad man and tried to exterminate the Jews. When has President Obama tried to do something similar that we should be outraged? Some of you are exaggerating, and I'm not talking about the ones that think children should not be used in this manner... I'm with you guys. But remember this, for a school class to do something similar for Martin Luther King in his time would have been treated like this or worse. Now we have black history month and thats all you see all over the US.

To the OP, actually if a class of kids had done this for President Bush, those who voted him would probably not care and those who didn't would be outraged just like most of you. There should not be these types of celebration for no one... and I mean no one.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Step aside Kanye, Obama is the new Jesus!

Rather than everyone getting behind this being appalling you'll see hypocrisy abounds as those who would string this teacher up by the toes for bringing anything remotely religious into the classroom turn a 180 and praise her for teaching about Obama and equality and peace and what not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join