It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

"divested from any taxpayer funding until they can prove themselves responsible"

Right off the bat we all know this cant be the first and only organization involved with the sex trade or any other illegal activities in this country..

What I dont understand though for a non profit organization, how they have any links to our tax dollars in the first place?
If we were all millionaires, I dont think we would mind as much being forced to pay charities.

Blackwater should be investigated, and so should ACORN

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by stevegmu
Tax fraud is harmless?

Well evidently Tim Geithner, Tom Daschel and Charlie Wrangel all think so.
No wonder the Dems love ACORN.

That's also why they love taxes so much- they don't pay them...

I imagine there will be outrage concerning any investigation of ACORN, and cries of 'racism.'

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I should have added, aside from the obvious.

I'm watching the news right now (ABC, CBS, NBC) and no mention of Acorn so far.

It's all about Joe. Something as egregious as Acorn is floating around out there and the lead story is how Obama accepted Mr. Wilson's apology.

The Obama networks obviously aren't going to give this any coverage.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Of course MSNBC,CNN,ABC wont run this story, cause it is about everything that they stand for. These networks are in bed with the president and his admin. If they aired this story, they themselves would have to apologize, something that they WILL NOT do. They would rather ignore it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
UPDATE:

ACORN fires 2 workers seen in hidden-camera footage advising woman posing as prostitute

BALTIMORE (AP) — The nonprofit housing group ACORN has fired two employees at its Baltimore office who were seen on hidden-camera video giving advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman pretending to be a prostitute.

that's the first AP piece..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Acorn is in damage control mode now.
Fire those 2 women.
Find a way to change the subject.
Accuse the accuser. They set us up!

That will be the end of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I sense a rug, a broom and some sweeping going on...

The lump under that rug is getting very noticeable though

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can't even begin to describe the disgust I feel for these sub-human individuals, which is good, because it will save a mod the time it takes to *snip* my post.

If these ACORN employees don't do jail time, it would be an injustice to the American people as well as any other non-fictional “dependents” whose lives they've “touched”. Anything this group has ever been involved in needs to be looked at again with a microscope, and ACTED on.

The whole thing reeks of that mentality displayed by those Lexus/Cadillac driving food stamp recipients who are so proficient at “getting over” while ripping off, and laughing at all of us hard working, tax paying citizens...only on steroids.

One semi-off topic question I have is... If I don't answer my door when the census taker knocks on it, what's to stop that person from “guessing” the number of people that reside in my home, especially if I live in a mostly “blue” county?

No... I think I'll be answering the door that day, DOGS FIRST.

No need to try to counter my post with any lies claiming that ACORN won't have anything to do with the 2010 census, you will be ignored.

Starred, Flagged, Bumped, and Shared

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

rofl, maybe some burning and shredding too? I just cant imagine how they can get away with this.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
The bad thing is the tapes will not make it to a court of law its illeagel to video someone with out them knowing in marry land so they might just get thrown out

Maryland laws regarding this:

www.rcfp.org...
Maryland

Under Maryland’s Wiretapping and Electronic Surveillance Act, it is unlawful to tape record a conversation without the permission of all the parties. See Bodoy v. North Arundel Hosp., 945 F.Supp. 890 (D. Md. 1996). Additionally, recording with criminal or tortuous purpose is illegal, regardless of consent. Md. Code Ann., Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 10-402.

Disclosing the contents of intercepted communications with reason to know they were obtained unlawfully is a crime as well.

Violations of the law are felonies punishable by imprisonment for not more than five years and a fine of not more than $10,000. Civil liability for violations can include the greater of actual damages, $100 a day for each day of violation or $1,000, along with punitive damages, attorney fees and litigation costs. To recover civil damages, however, a plaintiff must prove that the defendant knew it was illegal to tape the communication without consent from all participants. MD. Code Ann., Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 10-410.

State courts have interpreted the laws to protect communications only when the parties have a reasonable expectation of privacy, and thus, where a person in a private apartment was speaking so loudly that residents of an adjoining apartment could hear without any sound enhancing device, recording without the speaker’s consent did not violate the wiretapping law. Malpas v. Maryland, 695 A.2d 588 (Md. Ct. Spec. App. 1997); see also Benford v. American Broadcasting Co., 649 F. Supp. 9 (D. Md. 1986) (salesman’s presentation in stranger’s home not assumed to carry expectation of privacy).

The Court of Special Appeals of Maryland held that because states are at liberty to adopt more restrictive provisions than those contained in federal law, the secretary-treasurer of a local union who recorded conversations between himself and management representatives could still be prosecuted under the state statute, even if his conduct was arguably protected under the National Labor Relations Act. Petric v. State, 504 A.2d 1168 (Md. Ct. Spec. App. 1986).

It is a misdemeanor to use a hidden camera in a bathroom or dressing room. It is also a misdemeanor to use a hidden camera on private property “for purposes of conducting deliberate, surreptitious observation of a person inside the private residence,” or in a private place with “prurient intent.” Md. Crim. Law §§ 3-901, -902, -903. A person who is viewed in violation of these statutes has a civil cause of action. The court may award actual damages and reasonable attorney fees. A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine not exceeding $2,500 or both.

They were in a place of business not a private residence. There is little expectation of privacy when you are in a business.

I could be wrong though. I am not an attorney, nor play one on ATS

[edit on 10-9-2009 by inked up]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i'm appalled by those videos- is it not bad enough our tax dollars go to foreign people? and politicians with high salaries? and banks? so now they are figuring out ways to help people cheat on taxes? esp. when we don't have any money and just keep printing more to make our decifit larger

i say let acorn, blackwater, politicians, bankers and whomever else get the mandatory flu shot first and if that doesn't kill them then we have bullets that will.
i know when i get my census thingy all i am answering is name, age and location- that is on another thread tho forget which one

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
*gasp* Corruption within a group affiliated with politics? Sorry, I am hardly shocked. They got caught trying to teach lower class people how to act like the upper class... Punish them. Oh wait, the vibe around here is to parade them through town and then disembowel them at the town square and then draw and quarter them, that about right?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I totally agree!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

One of "theirs" - how precious! At least we know where you're coming from

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I guess you are talking about the 11 Acorn people being arrested
in Florida.

This Acorn snowball is getting bigger and stinkier.
It's getting harder for the powers that be to look the other way.
We are reaching critical mass.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I believe Stalin called folks like this 'useful idiots'. It's the folks in ACORN, good meaning people who are manipulated by insane men and zealots to do horrendous crimes.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's on FOX right now.
I can't even comprehend what is wrong with the people of this planet

Is everyone going insane ??

This crap is only a drop in the bucket of what is really going on in the U.S.
and around the world.

It's all so very, very sad. I am so ashamed of the human race.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

I imagine there will be outrage concerning any investigation of ACORN, and cries of 'racism.'

They can try. ACORN's founder and its current national administrators are White.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is another major embarassment for the Obama administration. The list of corrupt individuals and organizations which he has direct ties to continues to grow; at least one new instance every week.

The American people cannot say that they were not warned before the election. Rezko, Wright, Ayers, etc., were just the tip of the iceberg that lay beneath the surface. But too many Americans chose to ignore the warning signs.

Now we see what you have elected. A corrupt, compromised low level politician from Chicago that occupies the top seat in Washington. A liar and fraud that is much worse than we have ever seen in that office.

Both parties are guilty of skullduggery, true. But this guy is the worst.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
greetings from drdodge

timing is very critical to the game
very interesting that for the first time in "reasonable recorded history of the US" someone screames "you're a lier" on the 'shop floor' when this questoinable activity is being 'released' at the same time. and someone's server crashes while 'other people' get "unexpected random donations" in the multiple zero's column.

by the way, first post, former lurker (not any more)
unbelievably, world changing site, great job!!!!!

dr

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join