It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mozart Effect

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Related Thread: Weaponizing Mozart

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZenOnKwalsky

Great! Mozart rules! But dont forget J S Bach!!
Where are all the half cent rapers- in the garbage.

Completely agree with you. Both have a Rosicrucian connection.

Mozart and Bach used the same Gematria:
A=1, B=2, C=3,... I=J=9, ... U=V=20, ... Z=24
Mozart: ZAUBERFLOETE = 129
Bach: CREDO = 43 (Trinity of CREDO = 3 x 43 = 129)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm only gonna mention this once here because to do so further would result in a complete derailment.

It is not the musician/composer. It is not the composition of melody & rhythm.

It is positioning of the 'notes' along the audible bandwidth of the human ear.

Mozart & Bach, Both were known to have used A=432hz as there reference pitch; the pitch at which note 'C' at the 4th octave would fall.

A=440hz is an invention and somewhat forced & shady standardization of the last 80yrs....

A=432hz is found as early as Sumerian times, with flutes & such using the tuning.

That 432hz tuning is mathematically related to the knowledge of the Rosicrucian order along with other ways and it is theorised that it is that very organisation through which Mozart & Bach were able to access the 432hz 'structure'.

the same mathematical framework that ancient monuments abide to & the same math mimicked by the planetary bodies and recognised long ago by the Greeks and many other ancient cultures.

It is, was & always will be about the tuning; more than anything else.
The tuning is the key to the effects being experienced....

think of it as a gift from Prometheus if you want....

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison

P.S) all you have to do is play an acoustic guitar tuned to 432hz with the wooden body pressed firmly against you chest, you will understand.

Experiment with 435..431...430...the magic is in the resonance...depends on the purpose to be fulfilled.

[edit on 27/2/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
pom.sagepub.com...

By: ROYAL HOLLOWAY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON.

A limiting feature of the Mozart effect: listening enhances mental rotation abilities in non-musicians but not musicians.

The ‘Mozart effect’ occurs when performance on spatial cognitive tasks improves following exposure to Mozart. It is hypothesized that the Mozart effect arises because listening to complex music activates similar regions of the right cerebral hemisphere as are involved in spatial cognition. A counter-intuitive prediction of this hypothesis (and one that may explain at least some of the null results reported previously) is that Mozart should only improve spatial cognition in non-musicians, who process melodic information exclusively in the right hemisphere, but not in musicians, who process melodic information in both hemispheres. This hypothesis was tested by comparing performance of musicians and non-musicians on a mental rotation task before and after exposure to either Mozart or silence. It was found that performance on the mental rotation task improved only in non-musicians after listening to Mozart. Performance did not improve for non-musicians after exposure to silence, or for musicians after exposure to either Mozart or silence.

These results support the hypothesis that the benefits of listening to Mozart arise because of activation of right hemispheric structures involved in spatial cognition.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I find is both interesting & amusing that skyfloating has nothing to say about what I posted....

-B.M

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
I find is both interesting & amusing that skyfloating has nothing to say about what I posted....

-B.M

Yes, the Mozart effect should already be present in Egypt time of the Pharao 's and maybe earlier.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Don't you just feel cultured when you tune in to a classical music station and take in an opera or a symphony by a great composer like Mozart? Baby Einstein, a company that makes DVDs, videos and other products for babies and toddlers incorporating classical art, music, and poetry, is a million-dollar franchise. Parents buy the products because they believe that exposure to great art (like Baby Mozart DVDs and CDs) can be good for their children's cognitive development. There are even classical music CDs designed to be played to developing fetuses. The idea that listening to classical music can increase your brainpower has become so popular that it's been dubbed "the Mozart effect." So how did this myth start? Sean Gallup/Getty Images Can listening to music by this famed composer make you smarter? In the 1950s, an ear, nose and throat doctor named Albert Tomatis began the trend, claiming success using Mozart's music to help people with speech and auditory disorders. In the 1990s, 36 students in a study at the University of California at Irvine listened to 10 minutes of a Mozart sonata before taking an IQ test. According to Dr. Gordon Shaw, the psychologist in charge of the study, the students' IQ scores went up by about 8 points. The "Mozart effect" was born. A musician named Dan Campbell trademarked the phrase and created a line of books and CDs based on the concept, and states such as Georgia, Florida and Tennessee set aside money for classical music for babies and other young children. Campbell and others have gone on to assert that listening to Mozart can even improve your health. However, the original University of California at Irvine study has been controversial in the scientific community. Dr. Frances Rauscher, a researcher involved in the study, stated that they never claimed it actually made anyone smarter; it just increased performance on certain spatial-temporal tasks. Other scientists have been unable to replicate the original results, and there is currently no scientific information to prove that listening to Mozart, or any other classical music, actually makes anyone smarter. Rauscher even said that the money spent by those states might be better spent on musical programs -- there's some evidence to show that learning an instrument improves concentration, self-confidence and coordination. Mozart certainly can't hurt you, and you might even enjoy it if you give it a try, but you won't get any smarter.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm actually in the middle of a study researching this. Me and my team are testing the arousal hypothesis. Participants will perform three spatial reasoning tasks, one in silence, one while listening to a concerto, and one with the concerto sped up. Past research has shown that with classical music, faster tempo produces greater arousal.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

When I have nothing to say on something its either because it does not interest me or because I am not familiar with it or dont understand it.

In this case I am not familiar with what you are saying, so I cant really comment on it either way. No offense.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join