It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go when we die? Basic Info.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
After-Life

For many, the fear of the unknown, well, scares them, for others it gives them meaning to life.
Here is a few varied opinions of what the after-life beholds, to those.

CHRISTIANS- Tend to believe in the all known, Heaven-Hell concept, although some forms and branches from the religion claim of a land of Limbo, the main are known and accepted by the vast majority as Heaven and Hell.

Heaven- Is the eternal company, and praise of Yahweh.

Hell- Is the eternal void of god, and may or may not include a eternal pain and suffering, brought about by the feel of fire.

You know well enough then to have a link

ISLAM- Also believe in the heaven and hell scenario of the ‘afterlife’.

Heaven- Paradise, welcome of allah, a great and awe place. May or may not include a number of virgins for the liking.

Hell- Jahannam- The level of hell, depends on the life lived by the person cast into hell, the worse the life, in the opinion of the deity, is worse the feeling of hell, hell is both a Physical and Spiritual pain, or hardship, as some believe, that eventually hell will be void from allahs grace and mercy.

Source

SIKHISM- Believes not really in a ‘hell’ per se, but a Reincarnation, until the ‘karma’ has been resolved, and you can be with, or become a part of ‘god’.

Source

CONFUCIANISM- Neither denies, nor admits to there being a heaven, or even at the least a hell.

Source

SCIENTOLOGY- Such know in this religion as Isaac Hayes (south parks Chef) Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

The thetan leaves the meaty body, and soon ‘forgets’ the trauma’s and happiness of it, to then again enter a future meaty flesh. A form of reincarnation, but a much more, ‘complex’ view to it.
after death, a thetan is carried to a "landing station" on Venus, where it is "programmed with lies," put in a capsule, and then "dumped" back on Earth, where it wanders in search of a baby to inhabit

Source

JEHOVAHS WITNESS’- The ones that are quite alright in comparison to some of the other religions.

Heaven- the living that are now dead, will be unconscious until the return of the king, then they will be ‘brought’ up to heaven to be with their heavenly father.

Hell- there is none, but believe that when a unwillingly soul, or ‘wicked’ soul dies, they are annihilated. They are no more, and are gone forever.

Source

ATHEISM- if thought of as a religion.

Heaven- There is none.

Hell- There is none.

The atheist tends to believe that, heaven and hell may be just metaphorical states of life, that heaven is an orgasm, a 20 dollar bill found on the ground, a feeling you get after helping an old woman cross the street.

They may also believe that hell, is when you break a bone, when you are tortured, when said painful, or believed evil things happen to a being.

MAYAN RELIGION- The Mayan view of the afterlife consisted primarily of a dangerous voyage of the soul through the underworld, which was populated by sinister gods and represented by the jaguar, symbol of night. The majority of Maya, including the rulers, went to this underworld. Heaven was reserved for those who had been sacrificed or died in childbirth.

Source

BUDDHISM- According to Buddhism, after death one is either reborn into another body (reincarnated) or enters nirvana. Only Buddhas - those who have attained enlightenment - will achieve the latter destination.

Source

If there are any religions you would like to add for the 'Idea' of the afterlife in them please feel free to add, in a post, or a U2U to add to the OP.

Note- I did not add hinduism, because it was a very confusing and branching in the view of afterlife.

More Sources.
Heavens
Religion
Religious Facts, Fast!

Rep08

Peace

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Republican08]

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Where do you go while your alive?

This is a more applicable question, seeing as how anyone who hasn't died or is not dead would have a hard time being honest with you or themselves.

Anyway, good threads of late Republican08.

I look at it like this.

If you want to know if something is true, cross it.

For instance. How can I find if this statement is true below.

"God is life"

What does he do folks...everybody say.....

"Cross it"....that's right folks one more time.....

"CROSS IT" OK Great job folks, so lets try it with the above statement.

1st forward...(or is it?)
"God is Life"
Here is how we see if it's true.....

CROSS IT in the Balance....

But God says Justice is Key? No worries, with cross it you can find out if anything is true.....Again

"God is Life"

now lets cross it....

"Life is God"

Both saying the same thing, only "crossed".

So, if "God is Life", then "Life is God"

Another "Cross it"....OK

"God creates Evil".....ut oh......lets "CROSS IT" see what we get....

"Evil creates God"..... oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Looks foulable christians right.....

Lets run the other just so we can look at it.

"God creates Good"
"Good creates God".....whewwwwww we're ok

BUT WAIT, THE VERDICT ON GOD CREATING EVIL THE CROWD SAYS....

Ah....yes...ok.....but be warned of hell for speaking against th......

The verdict is....
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Oh my God the upset.....the crowd is going wild. The christians are punching each other in the jeans.....it's mass chaos.......oh humanity....oh.....

The last part is "I the lord do all these things".....it's a lie, unless he is us....simple.

The truth is known. Can't hold people accountable for what they don't know, that's for churches to do to men, not truth.

Look at any "Gods" statement. If it is not the same forward and backward...it is not truth.

Truth is balanced.....Like "Foxes" have their holes.....and fair like a wolf having easy pickens in that old sheep suit.....It's time to put the lotion in the basket clarise.......then you'll hear the silence of the lambs.

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I figure as a Respect to the OP, that I need enter my "Own" personal belief.

I feel the same as the Atheism point in it.

I believe, when I personally die, that, the end is there, I will die, and my atoms will fall apart slowly but surely, and I will become that from which I come from, apart from my donor card, which allows others to use my organs as they see fit.

I do 'wish' for more of it, or a afterlife, but for me, this is what 'I' believe, that this is what we've got.

I thank everyone for reading, and urge everyone, to U2U me anything i've missed in Main Religions, or if their is a minor religion you are in, please feel free to post what that after life brings.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Where do you go while your alive?

Discussed this with TheMythLives, figure for me, that in April, a dart and a map will serve me pretty damn good! lol

Anyway, good threads of late Republican08.

Purely speculative lol, some call them gay, some call them good, as not to say gay is being bad, just some believe it is, pity for them though, not so accepting of their brotheren, and sisters.

I appreciate your post
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
After-Life

ATHEISM- if thought of as a religion.

Heaven- There is none.

Hell- There is none.

The atheist tends to believe that, heaven and hell may be just metaphorical states of life, that heaven is an orgasm, a 20 dollar bill found on the ground, a feeling you get after helping an old woman cross the street.

They may also believe that hell, is when you break a bone, when you are tortured, when said painful, or believed evil things happen to a being.

I don't believe in any form of diety or god - I am therefore labeled an Atheist. I can't understand why it is even included on your list. Atheism is not religion.

I find it remarkable that so many people are afraid of death and that there could possibly be 'nothing' after it. I don't think about that at all. Why? Because I focus my energies of being a good person now and being a productive, caring member of the community...not because I want to score brownie points to get into some 'better' place later on. I know I am a good person and will be here on earth for a limited time...when I am dead, that's it...and that's fine.

So much time and energy is wasted on religion and the rituals that go a long with it. Why can't people use the time they spend confessing/going to church/praying/worrying about getting to heaven to help others, look after their families, caring for those less fortunate then themselves or for the environment. What a different place the world would be.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by swinggal

I don't believe in any form of diety or god - I am therefore labeled an Atheist. I can't understand why it is even included on your list. Atheism is not religion.

I find it remarkable that so many people are afraid of death and that there could possibly be 'nothing' after it. I don't think about that at all. Why? Because I focus my energies of being a good person now and being a productive, caring member of the community...not because I want to score brownie points to get into some 'better' place later on. I know I am a good person and will be here on earth for a limited time...when I am dead, that's it...and that's fine.

So much time and energy is wasted on religion and the rituals that go a long with it. Why can't people use the time they spend confessing/going to church/praying/worrying about getting to heaven to help others, look after their families, caring for those less fortunate then themselves or for the environment. What a different place the world would be.

If you don't know, i'm atheist-agnostic, The hyphenation for the semantiically obsessive.

I put it in there, for those who wish to see it as a religion. Not to count it as one, just a varying viewpoint

I thought it'd be wise to post a matter of which others think attribute to their heaven and how to get into it, and what that heaven or hell may be.

For most, heaven seems to be a place of temporary stay, for christianity and such as, it's eternal, not the case in all though, or the majority of others.

I even as an atheist, am remarkably scared of death, the church I was brought up in, truly used death as a point to insure your faith, and it did, I have nightmares/terrors, about hell still after conversion, that somewhat make me reconsider rationality.

Although not bashing just facts.

I'm scared of death, I personally know what it brings, as do others in different ways, I just have my own way, which 'I' feel is better, and more rational, and so do they.

But their 'indoctrination' of me as a child, has me working past certain fears.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You know , a lot of what is taught in most Christian churches is un-biblical .
The soul going to heaven or hell immediately for example is a lie made up by the big religions .
The bible teaches no such thing .
What it does say is that when you die , you are dead . Thats it , you know nothing , your soul doesn't go anywhere , you are simply dead .
At the second coming of Jesus is when the dead get raised again to be judged , either you make it or you don't .
The whole hell and suffering for eternity thing is a nonsense scare tactic used by religions to control people.
God will simply destroy those who don't make it , they will be dead forever , simple as that , they won't know anything.
Of course there is more to it than that , but thats my understanding of the bible etc.
Couldn't be bothered quoting the bible or anything to back that up , its past my bed time

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Takka

Christian beliefs about the afterlife vary between denominations and individual Christians, but the vast majority of Christians believe in some kind of heaven, in which believers enjoy the presence of God and other believers and freedom from suffering and sin.

Views differ as to whether those of other faiths or none at all will be in heaven, and conceptions of what heaven will be like differ as well.

A slightly lesser majority of Christians believe in the existence of hell, where unbelievers or sinners are punished. Views differ as to whether hell is eternal and whether its punishment is spiritual or physical. Some Christians reject the notion altogether.

Catholic Christians also believe in purgatory, a temporary place of punishment for Christians who have died with unconfessed sins.

For more specific Christian views about the afterlife, following are doctrinal statements from several different Christian denominations and organizations on the afterlife. Click on the linked title for the source of the quote.

I got your back.

Most christians reject the notion of eternal hell.

I presume because, they don't want to go to hell, just in case, it's an unsettling emotion, eternal damnation and pain/suffering.

It's scary.
Source

(1) Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

(2) Everyone has only one life in which to determine their destiny (Hebrews 9:27).

(3) Heaven or hell is determined by whether a person believes (puts their trust) in Christ alone to save them (John 3:16, 36, etc.).

Although....
Source.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
In my particular variation of spirituality, nobody was ever born to begin with. Birth and Death are Illusions. The body is merely like a pair of glasses Infinity temporarily puts on in order to focus on a specific aspect of Infinity. Then, when it stops focussing on that tiny aspect, it takes off the glasses. "Death" is not anymore significant than taking off a pair of focus-lenses.

Religious concepts of "eternal" as in "eternal damnation" are misinterpretations of a realm without linear-time.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
wow!!!

I have a great deal of respect for you Repuplican08, but muff me if you havnt conjured a heap of information from google and regurgitated it on here. What i will say is that i have read a tonne of posts on here about NDE's, and ill tell you straight, 5% of them are close. I'll give you a s & f for effort, but please, if you ever refer to the Afterlife again....simplyleave religion out of it. Trust me, it has NO place in what is there.

The best info i can say right now is tha we are all equal!, forget white, forget black, forget yellow, forget hate, and dare i say.....forget love. Its been a very recent experience of mine. Although i adore the A.T.S family, emotionaly i do not feel im ready to devulge such information that has changed my life since 21/8/09!.

I will tell you one thing, Good and evil doesnt matter as well, judgement is in our own paranoid minds. What i will discuss in an upcoming thread is that what i feel is that we are, and have been taken, for a ride for some time. Say 2000+ years ago and so very recently like our current rulers.....government.

When i get over my experience, i will fulfill my need to tell my family here at A.T.S.

xx

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In my particular variation of spirituality, nobody was ever born to begin with. Birth and Death are Illusions. The body is merely like a pair of glasses Infinity temporarily puts on in order to focus on a specific aspect of Infinity. Then, when it stops focussing on that tiny aspect, it takes off the glasses. "Death" is not anymore significant than taking off a pair of focus-lenses.

Religious concepts of "eternal" as in "eternal damnation" are misinterpretations of a realm without linear-time.

------

If I could ask what variation this view is from.

Is it simply a personal outlook.

A group outlook.

A outlook from alternative others?

Well I guess 'simply' put. What spirituality is it from, for the purpose of the unknown 'reader'.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Modern Metaphysical considerations perhaps...and maybe some variations of Hinduism/Buddhism.

But its not really attached to any religion, more to decades of Meditation-practice. Hard to label.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I have no idea, if you're being a complete arse, or kind of nice...lol.

umm..

Well I think the afterlife, and religion go hand in hand. so to speak.

I see SkyFloating responded, must address now.

I think I understand you SF, we've spoken not of this no? I get were you come from... thanks for letting the readers know too!

I would say a Buddhism enlightened view of hinduism no?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

SkyFloating, coincidently, your first 2 lines are in the vicinity of the nails head....

Soon guys, i promise. i still feel uneasy just thinking of my experience, ive skydived, bungyjumped, won races, lost races, pulled off some amazing feats on skateboard and bmx, attempted THE BIG ONE..... but none of those feelings come close..... just gimme some time.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Just to add!

Let this thread be merely for Informative purposes.

If there is a AfterLife, affiliated to a Religion or Personal Viewpoint/Acknowledgement.

Let it be know in this thread.

If it's to criticize the OP, or Rep08, please leave it to a U2U.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I would say a Buddhism enlightened view of hinduism no?

Yes, sort of, I guess. The idea of the lenses came while Windsurfing at 8 knots.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hmm Rep,

Well after saying i have great deal of respect for you in my last post, do you honestly think i meant you disrespect, or are you too caught up in your neck of the woods,?? do you drink?? i ask that because even a simpleton could have comprehended what i just wrote, but to the average or constant drinker i can understand why that may have been a lil mis-skewed on your understanding. Ive never thought you were an arse, tho, with your wiff-waff replies, i shall give it time.
\
Is this how you treat a contributing member that is not ready to go forth in sharing their knowledge??.

Bear with me, i have aninteresting story to share. Not shy....maybe a little hesitant. Good thread none the less.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Hmm Rep,

Well after saying i have great deal of respect for you in my last post, do you honestly think i meant you disrespect, or are you too caught up in your neck of the woods,?? do you drink?? i ask that because even a simpleton could have comprehended what i just wrote, but to the average or constant drinker i can understand why that may have been a lil mis-skewed on your understanding. Ive never thought you were an arse, tho, with your wiff-waff replies, i shall give it time.
\
Is this how you treat a contributing member that is not ready to go forth in sharing their knowledge??.

Bear with me, i have aninteresting story to share. Not shy....maybe a little hesitant. Good thread none the less.

I'm hesitant, of the respect and such, it's the internet, a kind word at first, can be an insult at the whole!

I drink...

You may have an interesting story, some few days after your anniversary of being on ATS! Congrats on that too!. lol. Umm.. I have no idea what it is, but i'm now expect no less then, you met aliens!
And gave them my email address I hope! J/K IDK

I drink abit lol, and do get 'askewed' sometimes, it is late here though, and got some...stuff to do. lol, just wasting time on here I guess.

Although I guess you saying I regurgitated google on here, I saw as an ugly statement directed toward me, and that I shouldn't do this and that, I saw as ugly to, which would leave me to believe a ugliness was directed toward me.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Well,good to show your weak minded. Although ive agreed on your stance many times i will not change my view.But to be labelled a Foe after this, i can only think that youmay be going through some hard times yourself.

I do not deserve the Foe label Republican08, please, foe is a little harsh. Ive followed and S&f yr threads in total agreement. This seems unfair.

Take care fellow A.T.S r.

BTW, i wrote youa great reply moments before, but magically when i pressed reply, it simply went back to the thread instead of replying to you...damn.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Well,good to show your weak minded. Although ive agreed on your stance many times i will not change my view.But to be labelled a Foe after this, i can only think that youmay be going through some hard times yourself.

I do not deserve the Foe label Republican08, please, foe is a little harsh. Ive followed and S&f yr threads in total agreement. This seems unfair.

Take care fellow A.T.S r.

BTW, i wrote youa great reply moments before, but magically when i pressed reply, it simply went back to the thread instead of replying to you...damn.

You have an Urgent U2U waiting for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join