It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to take the LEAP?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This video really changed my perspective on a lot of things.
It needs to be shared.

Oh, and if you're too lazy to watch it or it feels like I am giving you a hwk assignment then I'll let you know that the answer is YES.
Reality is an illusion.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
My speakers are not working right now, you should give me a synopsis of the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
^ You should really try to get your speakers working because what I say might cause you to ask questions they've already answered in the video.

Basically, they say Reality is an illusion. Happiness is here. Nothing can hurt you.
Accept and move on. You can get involved in all these games people play in life and you can also just sit and be in peace.

It's a wonderful piece. I recommend you get your speakers working Asap.

Really the whole thing is a question of: are you as an individual ready to delve into the unknown/uncertainty of life?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

that's the right way, for sure.
what i'm not so sure about this new age stuff is they proclaim happiness yet are never able to guarantee it in this world.
acceptance is happiness within, but humans do not reside within exclusively, we need to be out and about.
if one talks about these things amidst the background of everyday life the result is an attack on the projector's psyche.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
No, life is not an illusion. It's real and the brain makes it so. My spinal arthritis tells me everyday that life is not an illusion.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Yup...and you accept it and move forward.

Perhaps the pain was caused by something you couldn't accept before.

Maybe this pain manifested itself outwardly....

Who knows?

Now that you have it what are you going to do with that?

You have options. You can do the whole "I can't" bit. Or you can research and look for the best answers.

I really don't know.

Still reality is an illusion.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Sure it can.

It's just another one of those mind expanding things. Keeps you on your toes.

And at the end of the day I know nothing, and I just laugh.
This video is brilliant....I love it when they all laugh at the end. It's brilliant.

I have shared the concept of this video with some people before and they love to do the whole argument of "oh well if reality is an illusion then I can punch you in the face and it shouldn't bother you then".

....oh I really don't know. I just really don't know.

To me, this video offers some great insights and great ways to get people moving forward.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

your perception/control of the pain may be controllable by other means is how i kind of take it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

To add, sometimes real S***ty things happen.

Sometimes people get the raw end of the deal.

And then all we can say as outsiders to you is "Sorry, better luck next time."

Also, we can all sit and play victim.
Or we can trudge on.

Thing is: Yes, this pain may be happening to you.
Really the question is: What are you going to do with that?

Will you let it defeat you? Will you let it define you? Will you let it stop you?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

no more mind expanding!!!
i wish i could garage sale all the clutter in my head having to do with, "it", or "the way, or whatever we all call it.
/facepalm.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yet another 'novel' perspective on the same universe, a lot of people talking in a popular and appealing fashion but not much new is being said. Now if someone said "Reality is an illusion" and then walk through a solid wall, I'd become a follower.

You can get involved in all these games people play in life and you can also just sit and be in peace.

You can also try and play a peaceful game. It's true there are not many who do play constructive games which are still fun but you can't just sit there for an eternity either, you might as well give up existence altogether.

[edit on 22/8/2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So those children who die in africa of starvation created that reality for themsleves? What about children who are raped and murdered? What about people who are forced into slavery for sex?

If i was god i would throw the book at you for this one. You silly new agers are building such a fantastic world of ative self creator BS!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

that's all well and good.
what exactly are you offering? everyone knows how to look on the dark side of things. everyone is able to see the cup half empty.
it's funny how ya hate on it without having anything to add.
Myself, i'm not into this stuff, but ya know what? in a way i am. I see where it comes from, and i combine that with other things i've learned, and loe and behold, i still believe in God.
i'm sure you find that very heartwarming, because you've identified hope in your life.
.....i was sexually abused at six years old, so please, tell me about suffering.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
So those children who die in africa of starvation created that reality for themsleves? What about children who are raped and murdered? What about people who are forced into slavery for sex?

Originally posted by Before2017Victor

To add, sometimes real S***ty things happen.

Sometimes people get the raw end of the deal.

You know, it might be wise to watch the video before asking all of these questions.

I can only provide so much, just watch and listen directly from the source.
And they even go further to discuss the question of "Why should we help people?" in the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
Now if someone said "Reality is an illusion" and then walk through a solid wall, I'd become a follower.

Ugh.

We both know that's beyond human capabilities, and you can stomp around and be mad because you can't OR you can not let that stop you from doing other things.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Elementary.

Reality is not an illusion. Reality is a delusion. Nothing exists to convince itself it is something. Nothing is the fool. If it saw its own true nature it would cease.

In other words, for everyone's sake, the final veil can never be lifted. Thankfully that veil can never be lifted because nothing is there.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Elementary.

Reality is not an illusion. Reality is a delusion. Nothing exists to convince itself it is something. Nothing is the fool. If it saw its own true nature it would cease.

In other words, for everyone's sake, the final veil can never be lifted. Thankfully that veil can never be lifted because nothing is there.

Okay don't be nit-picky here!!!

Yea I am aware that as we look more into things on the molecular level....there seems to be nothing there.

Please, don't be picky with the wording. That's not really helpful. If you'd like I am sure you can contact the makers of the video and they'll let you know why they chose the word "illusion".
Is that fair?

It's sending a good message, is it not? You can go ahead and pick it apart cause of what you may think isn't the correct way of saying it.

To me it seems you're not really getting the message then if all you can do is sit there and be critical of words.

Come on now! That is Elementary.

Btw, I really don't wish to argue.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
hi there, thanks for posting this. Great videos and well worth the watch!!

s&F.

G.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Okay don't be nit-picky here!!!

Yea I am aware that as we look more into things on the molecular level....there seems to be nothing there.

Please, don't be picky with the wording. That's not really helpful.

I'm not being picky with wording. Illusion supposes that ultimately something true, something of solid substance is behind it, the true nature while delusion, having some things incommon, leaves room for no nature-- all beliefs are false.

Any expression thereof is delusion as well.

However, what I said was not limited to any semantic gripe. It's was a sincere effort to express awareness piercing beyond this first step. Not easy, mind you but the reason for difficulties should be obvious if you understand the message of the film-- which isn't "it".

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
Now if someone said "Reality is an illusion" and then walk through a solid wall, I'd become a follower.

Ugh.

We both know that's beyond human capabilities, and you can stomp around and be mad because you can't OR you can not let that stop you from doing other things.

Allright it is unfair to 'demand proof' but I will not Leap! into some theory either just because some people make it sound all great and wonderful. If they would only be down to earth and say humanities comprehension of it's existence is incomplete and telling something new instead of a catchy "Reality is an illusion" followed by a rehash of old concepts and theories. It just looks like

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join