It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to take the LEAP?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
Allright it is unfair to 'demand proof' but I will not Leap! into some theory either just because some people make it sound all great and wonderful. If they would only be down to earth and say humanities comprehension of it's existence is incomplete and telling something new instead of a catchy "Reality is an illusion" followed by a rehash of old concepts and theories. It just looks like

Whaaaaaa???

Making it sound all great and wonderful??

If you interrupt it that way I suppose. But, jumping into life with all that we don't understand may not be so great and wonderful.

And this isn't really a theory. They're simply saying "Hey, dingwads stop questioning things. We don't know!! Just suck it up and deal with the uncertainty/unknown of life."

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

This sounds like nu-Buddhist values. Which is a great message to propagate, so long as this guy in the vid isn't taking credit for such ideas, or selling something on the back of them.

I don't have sound on this machine, so I'm not going to watch it at the moment.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Autowrench:
You are onto something real here. I too have come to realize that all we see is an illusion, and think I know why. The light that we can see is magnetized light. In a pure vacuum, photons, which are what makes light, and will manifest as pure light, or rather a wave of pure energy. This is pure light as Einstein defined in his Special Theory of Relativity. But, when light is subjected to a magnetic field, it changes and breaks down into particles or photons. In such a state, light is no longer pure, it is illusionary. As you can see, my knowledge of physics is limited, this is the best way I can describe this effect. However, it can be said that magnetism is an intrinsic factor in the creation of matter, if not the primary factor.It is also noteworthy that everything you see in the world around you is magnetized light which is, in reality a distortion of pure light.

This relates directly to the Philadelphia Experiment. The general idea at the time was that if you demagnetize the hull of the ship, it would no longer trip underwater mines. However, when the ship was demagnetized, the particles of matter that made up the ship became waves, instead of matter, and disappeared. The rest of the weirdness is another matter that have been covered extensively.

The general idea is if you can demagnetize a material object by using coils, as was done in the Philadelphia Experiment, the matter will be converted into pure energy. I really wish I had a better understanding of this, perhaps some members with a physics background can further enlighten us here?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This is all very well and intellectually interesting and such, but really...what good is this knowledge in practical terms?

We cannot (most of us anyway) manipulate this energy directly can we?

A starving man in Africa cannot manipulate a bowl of sand to turn the energy of the atomic sand, into a bowl of fruit or water can he?

He cannot use the energy within him to transmute the energy the sand is made from into energy that resembles food or drink, anymore than you or I can change the energy of a heap of dirt and turn it into energy resembling a house or car can we?

Assuming this information is correct, what good does it do us in a practical way?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

What about materials that are naturally non magnetic?

Why are they still cohesive if being demagnetized turns the matter into waves? As far as i know, trees and plants are nonmagnetic...why do we see trees and plants, and other materials that are nonmagnetic?

Why doesn't a material that has be demagnetized simply disappear if what you say about demagnetising the hull of a ship is true?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Okay, okay!

Slow down there.

How about we tackle things on a smaller scale.

To me this video is simply a tool. It's something for those of us who aren't feeling good enough in this world to realize "hey, nothing can really hurt me."
It gives a person a foundation to build upon.

It's simply a tool to help you feel better about yourself, and be ready to participate in life.

I am not saying, nor do I think this video is saying it's the solution to all problems. This isn't like "The Secret" trying to say it has the answers to everything.

It's simply a tool that you can pull out whenever you're in the dumps. It provides incentive to move forward in life.
It's a nice reminder.

Nothing more and nothing less.

At least that's the feeling I get from it anyway.

Maybe I should say for everyone with all these questions that IMO; survival is a whole other thing.
The concepts in the video are more or less basic. It takes you back to the start to give you a different perspective.
Not an ego-trip nor a walk down lamenting road.

Questions of where to go from there is a whole different thing. You do have choices though remember.

Take from it what you will. This is only my feelings from it.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Okay, okay!

Slow down there.

Hahaha. Actually I was trying to hint at how any one of us could destroy the entirety of everything manifest, for all involved. The macro and the micro, infinite spiral. Invert the cosmic egg.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You know, I have considered that too. But, like I said, my knowledge of physics is limited, and I am too old now to further it. I was hoping that someone with a background on physics could fill in the gaps, so to speak, and give us all a better understanding of reality as we see it. My higher knowledge lies in the mechanical engineering field. Please don't shoot the messenger. May I suggest researching the Philadelphia Experiment, and the physics used in that experiment? After all, that is where the original idea came from, for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Okay, okay!

Slow down there.

Hahaha. Actually I was trying to hint at how any one of us could destroy the entirety of everything manifest, for all involved. The macro and the micro, infinite spiral. Invert the cosmic egg.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hmmm...yes!

You catch on quickly, young grasshopper!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hm. Interesting.. Just watched part 1 for now, but I know of the theory they are discussing. I myself subscribe to something like that. I know I have explained my beliefs before about the nature of our existence as humans, etc., but I have not really delved much into this bit primarilly because it never came up.

I started my journey to this line of thinking with the concepts promoted by Socrates and Plato and was reminded about it with the movie The Matrix. Basically, the idea is that we live in a world of rules. The rules apply to us because we genuinely accept these rules as real.

A good basis to approach this from is religion. Kids are born into this world with no apparent concept of religion. They learn the rules of religion because their parents spend the first ddecade or so teaching it to them. After enough programming, the brain has been changed to the point that even something that seems ludicrous to an outside observer seems perfectly normal to a follow of said belief. The rules of the world and the universe might not have changed for the observer, but they are definately differant for the observed.

I understand that of all the "stuff" I know about the world, it is all relative and based on either hearsay or experiences that color my thought processes. I don't touch a pan that has been used recently for cooking because I did it once and burned myself. In addition, I have been told by my parents and all sorts of other "experts" over the years that beyond the pain, burning causes physical damage to the body. I still don't *know* that the pan is going to be hot when I touch it until I actually touch it.

I also understand that the sum of all of my experiences is entirely in my head. There is nothing physical outside of my body that I am aware of. I only know that when the image of my hand lines up with the image of a flame in what I percieve as 3D space, there is a chance that I will feel a pain signal in part of my brain and associate that signal with the image of my hand. I don't know of anything that my senses haven't told me about. If my senses change for whatever reason, my impression of the world will change accordingly.

So how does this relate to the idea that tthe world is an illusion? Well, As in the Matrix, there are rules to this place. We call those rules Physics, although we don't fully understand them. Within the illusion we have in our minds, we apply those rules as best as we understand them to guide our actions. We do not necessarilly walk off of a cliff and "trust" that there will be a camoflauged ledge there that will support us (Raiders of the Lost Ark II, I think). Instead, we assume that making that leap will cause us to fall to our untimely death. does that mean that would happen? Not exactly. We make that assumption.

Now with this understanding that we operate in an artificial construct created by our nervous system's interpretation of the world and apply a set of rules to it of which we have a somewhat limited knowledge, what affect does this have on our every day lives that is of *any* importance whatsoever? This is the key, I think. This is what people who promote ideas like Leap and "The Secret" and "Think and Grow Rich" are trying to get across. Understanding that we don't really know the rules, it's a good idea to break them on occasion.

Positive thinking is a part of this. People who feel good about themselves and their place in the world are more like to succeed than people who are depressed and think of themselves poorly. Why? Well, because they do little, automatic things that make others feel good. We reward people who make us feel good with a positive response.

I once asked, if the rules are arbitrary, can I just "walk through a wall" without affecting it? I first thought the answer was, no, that's a part of some base level of rules that exist beyond our illusionary world, but now I am not so sure. I cannot walk through walls, mind you, but through several years of training, I have managed to figure out how to make my body do things that would seem to be unlikely, if not impossible. The classic breaking bricks demonstration of martial arts, for example.

If you take some strong man from the circus and tell him to break two bricks stacked on each other, assuming he has never practiced some sort of Chi focusing or meditation, he might try all he likes and just end up with a broken hand. A wiry old chinese elder, however, might be able to do it without a second thought. It's isn't strength, it is belief in the rule that bricks are tough and human hands are weak. Forget that rule, or understand that it is wrong (and I mean understand on more than an intellectual level) and anyone can break bricks.

Wow, this has been a bit more than I intended to write, but I think I might have gotten my point across. In summary, the world we live in *is* an illusion created in our minds based on sensory input and controlled by a set of arbitrary laws that we assume to be real. By changing the rules and our programming around these rules, we can alter our experiences to suit our desires.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Language is probably not up to the task of explaining these things with clarity, but its all most of us have at the moment.

The “essence” of reality is not in the tangible world (including our bodies), but the energy behind and within it. That reality existed before we were born and will exist after our individual bodies die.

We are born specifically to feel, experience and know both the pains and the joys and everything else that comes in between. In a way this is real, but only temporarily. The energy, the oneness in the background is eternal.

The message of the video is to embrace all of this temporary madness and joy, because it is not everlasting.

In the end we all return to the place of pure love, but if you can wrap your thoughts around this, you can actually have it with you now while in this temporary place of feelings, pains and joys. It lets you take this temporary/current reality less seriously.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Utter bald awareness of the present moment and the use of Zen Master Seung Sahn's famous "Don't Know" soap will leave the mind shiny, reflective and unhindered like a a still pond until no mind at all is re-cognized. Bring that awareness to every task and situation and that is exactly it. Don't make anything! Just be. Stop becoming. Just be. Put it all down. Very funny...

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Good reply, bro
I enjoyed reading it.
And thanks to the person who posted the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
We do not necessarilly walk off of a cliff and "trust" that there will be a camoflauged ledge there that will support us (Raiders of the Lost Ark II, I think). Instead, we assume that making that leap will cause us to fall to our untimely death. does that mean that would happen? Not exactly. We make that assumption.

To wit, these people in the film are advocating suicide. But, since I do not wish to partake in starting another religion, I must make clear it's a metaphorical one. To some, the loss of a sense of solid substantialness is a frightening leap to take and may view this as death itself. The euphemisic "leap" catchword is intended to convey the meaning without use of the much maligned term "death". "Leap" has that happy, fun connotation like maybe you can fly.

But, no you won't survive the leap. You will crash violently into the earth before being lifted high out of the old, mangled husk of self.

[edit on 8/22/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I lived by this concept for years now. Saves me the trouble of social pleasantries guided by fear of outcome, when you can just be your fullest, especially when you're young as i am, what better time to play any game you choose, but no game at all. Have fun and learn whatever you feel like. No need for school, slows me down.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
All right, I'm only 2-3 minutes into the video but they've already shown Robert Scheinfeld author of "Busting loose from the money game." Read it about two months ago. Great stuff. I'll get back to the thread after the videos.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Sounds WUdafUl though I'll keep one locked and loaded 'just in case'.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

im glad someone said it

but i'd be glad if we could start a thread where we discuss the actual ramifications of this

there are days when i understand platos cave allegory so clearly that niether the digital simulation theory or the god like but childish notion that we are gods in this illusion as if we would remain here in some form, need be true for our current senses to be simply misleading us

my own journey implies that we glimpse the entirety and are driven mad

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
this video isnt working for me

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join