It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY Accurate Bible Prediction. Must Read.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by john124

You have misunderstood the uncertainty principle or you have learnt a bull# modified pseudo-scientific version from your pseudo-physics peers.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by john124]

I said it could, I didn't say it would. There's no way to prove or disprove it. Your quick defensive impulse to start heaping out the insults is exactly that of someone who wants to convince himself of something.

Since my original point was:

if we were to suddenly get wiped out would the universe collapse into nothingness because of our sudden demise? I highly doubt it.

I was speaking only of only the lack humanity as observing.

you said:

If the universe had no observers it could very well collapse.

You expanded this to all observers beyond humans.

Of course everything is possible, but it is scientific to state that you are probably wrong, and that god probably doesn't exist.

Do we make speculation on giant flying spaghetti monsters just because you cannot disprove it?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If the Bible really does accurately predict the future, that does not bode well for Christianity, if God has accurate knowledge of the the future, that is bothersome evidence that humanity has no free will, that our courses and destinies are preordained by God. That would mean that murderers and rapists were destined to do these acts by the almighty himself, therefore any punishment by us could possibly be a contradiction to Gods will. I don't believe the Bible to be written by any God, but for those who do believe it to be the literal words of the Lord, there seems to be a contradiction.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As is usually the case with anything religion or bible related this thread is all over the place, huh?
CanadianDream420 – (Oh, 420 ... I get it. Green minded, are ya?)
As with any historical incident, or compilation of text telling of those events, the inaccuracy of the timeline grows exponentially the further back in time you research. Simply because real and verifiable chronicles (and witnesses, of course) become more scarce, or non existent.
I have to agree with rnaa
You’re math works using the numbers (year) you’ve purported events happened.
But, I found a time line that suggests the alleged call to Jeremiah to be a prophet was in 627 BCE.
And with that I found this bit:
Google Search

586 BC - This excerpt explains why Jeremiah is known as the "weeping prophet." Ministering at the worst time in Judah's history, he was under house arrest during the fall of Jerusalem at the hands of the Babylonians in 586 BC (Jeremiah 38:28)

Also this:

586 BC - The Irish record ties in with the biblical account, which tells us what had happened before then. Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BC, the temple was robbed and demolished, and King Zedekiah died in Babylonian captivity ( JEREMIAH 52:11 )

So, he was there as it happened. Allegedly. Not very hard to offer predictions of future events as they unfold before you, ya think?

And, now to through the ole spanner in it:
Who’s to say this rendition of the time line is totally accurate? I'm not saying it is. Just trying to show the futility of proving anything bible related by using it as a source document.

However, there is a more important point everyone seems to overlook in regards to any prophesy – whether it comes from the bible, the qur’an or deciphered from quatrains written by a 16th century pharmacist (Nostradamus) –
The only prophesy likely to come true is of the ‘self-fulfilling’ variety. I refer to rnaa’s mention of the Schrodinger's Cat thought experiment and it’s implication of the cat being both dead and alive at pre-observance, but once the box is opened it can only be one or the other.

The bible (old, or new) is a collection of texts compiled under one cover meant to be passed on as a moral and judicial guide for future generations – with examples - to help us determine what we as a people would deem right and wrong, moral and just.
And this, coming from a Christian (Or, as I call myself – I’m recovering Catholic)

to VinceP1974:

Humans are special since so far we're the only thing like ourselves in that vast space you refer to. If one were using the scientific method then one would be hesitant to state what you do with such finality. Why is it that so many of you immature knee-jerk scientismists argue things in such antiscientific ways?

(First, if I may ask? What is a scientismists?)

In reply to that cozy, self centered statement made in your first sentence, I offer Drake’s Equation:
An interactive can be found here:
PBS.org

(Which, to address your second talking point in the above quote, IS using the scientific method – as well as calculus – to determine the likelihood of the human race having sole existence in our universe)

And please, folks, I’m asking you ... to refrain from posting any utube vid claiming proof of whatever …or thump me with scriptures and quotes - verbatim - as if they represent facts. I’m sure some of you even have them all committed to memory.
And, that’s neat trick, but it means nothing. It certainly will not impress me. I can quote Shakespeare and Conan Doyle … or even Star Trek TOS in its entirety … it doesn’t make those stories fact. Even though some had a moral plot line /story arc.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by LatentElement]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

A Smashing Pumpkins fan I see. Nice shirt.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Only problem is, they are not Jews but only practice Judaism. First you need to figure out who the real Jews are. I'll give you a clue, they are the angels of Isaacs son or Anglo Saxxons. Through Isaac your sons will be called. Another clue, they are called caucasians because they were placed in the Caucus Mountain region of Babylon when taken into captivity. The year that the new nation was started was 1776 and it was created in one day as the bible predicts with the signing of The Declaration of Independance. Do a google search of Askenaz and you will notice that you find a lot of jewish websites. Only problem is that the Jews do not come from that bloodline. Beware of the Jews who say they are Jews but are not but are of the synagogue of satan.
2 words..... British and Danish... now divide the words and you have brit and ish and you have dan and ish..... ISH MEANS MAN.... BRIT MEANS COVENANT so you have covenant man and the men of Dan or the Tribe of Dan. Ireland used to be called Jews Land the IRE is actually a reference to Jeremiah. The Latin name for Jesus is Iesus. In case you are wondering why the I in Ireland came from Jeremiah. The J and I are interchangeable. Of course that story would go back to Tephi Tilla or as the bible would call her "tiny twig"....... Son of Man, place a tiny twig on a high and lofty mountain. Read "The Book of Tephi" by J. A. Goodchild.
its not what you know, its what you think you know that just ain't so.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The problem I find with so many of these interpretations of prophecy is the starting point is an assumption. The case then builds on this and the debate then rages around a fabrication resulting in promotion of the nwo religious agenda.

In this case the flawed assumption is that Israel and the Jews are the same thing. It is popular to think they must be but that is nowhere ever found in the Bible which is claimed as the authority for the premise.

It is a simple matter to study the following time line but who cares anymore about "truth"?

935bc Davids original kingdom fragments. All the tribes secede from the monarcy citing oppressive taxation policies. These form an new nation under a former guerilla commander. The new nation is called "Israel". Eventually its capital becomes Samaria. it is totally independent of southern Judah in all respects including its laws (it abandons the Mosaoc Laws). it has an independent foreign policy. For example see 2 Kings 16 where Israel are allied with Syria at war with the Jews.

735bc Israel are overpowered by the regional power called Assyria and deported intact to new lands from which they never return. Assyrian foreign policy is to rotate captive peoples into each others territories and a new nation from Iraq/Iran is rostered into the former territories of israel. The Jews are astonished at these events and develop a loathing and deep-seated abhorrence for the new "Samaritans" which endures for centuries.

506bc the southern kingdom of judah is overrun by the next regional power, Babylon. Only the leaders are removed to Babylon. After a generation, changing fortunes see a coup in Babylon and a reversal of policy allowing captive peoples to return to their original territories is they so wish. Only a small number chose to return to Jerusalem. It was an opulent lifestyle in Babylon and most prospered under the business climate so chose to remain.

Israel never went to Babylon. They were a vast number, completely heathenised centuries before Babylon ever became a regional power. They never heard of Judaism or even the word Jew. And yet the prophesies apply to them. Not to Judah. See Jeremiah 31:31 etc where a new covenant is promised to both nations but only applied to Israel. See Matt 15:24 where the Christ states categorically that he was sent exclusively to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. He himself was from the people of Judah but these had rejected him. All his followers were from the Israel territories to the north. In John 7:35 they point to where migratory Israel were currently located at that time and that is where the carriers of the new contract took their message.

There is great danger in taking prophecy and attempting to make it fit the popular perception of reality. Without a proper understanding of basic bible events it is virtually impossible to understand documentaries such as "The Arrivals" as the section on the bloodlines and the symbolism in the royal arms will seem meaningless. Who spotted that the unicron is chained and where the end of the chain is fastened? The section on the prophecies relating to the duration of the British Empire and the collapse of the subsequent American Empire to be followed by the invisible monetary system as the precursor to transfer of dominion to Jerusalem about 2020 fits closer to the biblical passages than the attempt to retrofit Israel prophecy to the Jewish people.

But Hollywood hath bewitched us and we have been told how to believe. Who has ears that hear and eyes that see?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Not Authorized

I first heard this with Chuck Missler. It's a widely known theory for us that study eschatology and is nothing new.

www.khouse.org...

Fascinating none the less.

Thank you for the link. I starred your post. I hope more people look into this. Check out the link...do research.

[edit on 18/8/09 by John Matrix]

[edit on 18/8/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have a seminary degree that took me four years to complete a three year Master of Divinity degree. I studied Greek for three years and Hebrew for two (they cram three years into two) and remember this prophecy and the dating. Here's the thing: ALL the prophecies are true. This my understanding of how prophecy works

There is always a NEAR fulfillment of the prophecy example Peter stating that what they were experiencing on the Day of Pentacost was predicted in Joel to occur but I believe there will also be a FUTURE fulfillment when Christ returns and ushers in the Millennium when he reigns here on the earth for 1000 years.

You must have a Bible with footnotes and cross references to put all the dates together with this prophecy of Israel's return. Am I right?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ColdSteel

British and Danish... now divide the words and you have brit and ish and you have dan and ish..... ISH MEANS MAN.... BRIT MEANS COVENANT so you have covenant man and the men of Dan or the Tribe of Dan. Ireland used to be called Jews Land the IRE is actually a reference to Jeremiah.

Dude,
Where in the world did you come up with those etymologies?
Don't tell me ... The Book of Tephi?
In the real world there are scholars who devote their entire lives to research the origination of words and phrases. It's called Etymology.
Like this one:
Danish
(Scroll down to "origin")

These two:
ish
ish

And this is a good one:
Ireland

Jew's Land?
LOL
Um, I think that would be Israel, no? "The other "I" Country. I'm sure its a common mistake. ???
Oh, and in case you're wondering where the "I" in Ireland came from?
It actually came from Eire -
Eire

I'm sure little miss Twiggy did trek to the Emerald Isle. But insofar as their Celtic ancestry boasting a lost tribe of Israel - Not bloody likely:
British Israelism: A Mirage

While British Israelism is untrue, it is not without peril. One of its most persistent dangers is the ease with which it justifies and fosters racial pride and prejudice. The supposed supremacy of the Anglo-Saxon race is used as further proof that they are the lost ten tribes—a chosen people. A rather horrible example of this racism is found in W.A. Redding's book, The Millennial Kingdom:

Oh, one more set of links. An FYI to this contemporary trend of surmising the historical (which ends up being hysterical!) origin of words in the English lexicon.
False etymology
Folk etymology

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aDrtyHippie

hI/

Good to see that you studied Greek and Hebrew!
Have you read the Nicene Creed ''I Believe''?
What do you make of this?
And His Kingdom shall have no END....If the 1000 years are set up after Jesus Christ appears?

Dan 2:44
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom,
which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people,
but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms,
and it shall stand for ever. (KJV)

Luke 1:33
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. (KJV)

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I cant get into the bible numerology and prophecy stuff. Its just to large of a book with layers of metaphors. If you dissect A Tale of Two Cities or Moby Dick you would most certainly perceive there to be prophecies and coincidences. CHarles Manson convinced a group of people a race war was in the making. What was his evidence? The Beatles, and it drove them to go on a murderous rampage. Its a tough bet. The bible is probably based on things that occured but i believe it should not be seen as a historical document.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
If the Bible really does accurately predict the future, that does not bode well for Christianity, if God has accurate knowledge of the the future, that is bothersome evidence that humanity has no free will, that our courses and destinies are preordained by God. That would mean that murderers and rapists were destined to do these acts by the almighty himself, therefore any punishment by us could possibly be a contradiction to Gods will. I don't believe the Bible to be written by any God, but for those who do believe it to be the literal words of the Lord, there seems to be a contradiction.

Agreed. I have tried to have the same conversation with many Christians before, but, they don't seem to understand that the mere act of being omniscient erases the idea of free will altogether. In essence, God would be creating a being for the specific purpose of damning them or accepting them into heaven based on God's own prerequisites and specifications.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
At first glance I said damn this is good work. But You did not do your research very well. Upon fact checking I found that a people are confused about a true hebrew year of that era. some say 360, 390, and some say 354. And even if you do prove me wrong about the 390 and 354 there are holes in your math. When you were converting to our calendar now, you did not take into account that we did not switch over from the julian calendar till the 1500's and you did not take into account leap year or when it would have started. Even if we did our current one you came up with approx 2400 years leap year would add about 1yr 8mon to your final date.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ooooh, yes yes, and God's number (7) x The devil's number (666) is 4662, and there are two testaments, is 2331! Thats the year the antichrist will come because random verses subjected to thousands of years of faulty copying and translations through many languages by people we don't know completely warrants proof of God and His word!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

1st time Israel was conquered by Babylon. They were freed again after 70 years as predicted by Jeremiah.. a Prophet.

Actually, Israel was conquered by Assyria. The Southern Kingdom (after the split after Solomon's death), called Judea (whose capital was Jerusalem) was conquered by Babylon.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Agreed. I have tried to have the same conversation with many Christians before, but, they don't seem to understand that the mere act of being omniscient erases the idea of free will altogether. In essence, God would be creating a being for the specific purpose of damning them or accepting them into heaven based on God's own prerequisites and specifications.

What does being all knowing (omniscient) have to do with free will?

If you know that I am going to do something stupid tomorrow, that doesn't mean that I don't have the free will to do something stupid tomorrow, it just means that you know what stupid choice I will make tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanzilla
S+F Very Interesting. I have always been strangely interested with the mysteries of the bible even though I am not christian, but a Christ follower.

If you are a "Christ Follower" you are a Christian. A Christian is a person who follows a monotheistic religion based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. Stop trying to give yourselves a new name just because you've tainted your religion. Leave that to Dick Cheney and how he renamed torture "Enhanced Interrogation".

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Katerna]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LatentElement

CanadianDream420 – (Oh, 420 ... I get it. Green minded, are ya?)

Very hypocritical, if you're getting at what I think you are.
If so, your post doesn't deserve me attention.

Originally posted by thoughtplacebo

A Smashing Pumpkins fan I see. Nice shirt.

Yes

forum.ebaumnation.com...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ColdSteel

I agree , but I see you're getting the same lame stuff from the opposition who always go to the establishment to back them up, but they never studied The Word.

If you haven't picked it up yet, look for the Abrahamic Covenent by Capt thru Artisan Publishers.

These guys also don't realize that someone is overseeing us and has been for a long time.

The tribes settled in the Isles as you said and beyond. Capt covers a timeline pretty well in the small booklet he has.

Anyways , great comments even tho some folks don't get it or oppose it.
They'll know someday when their jaw hits the sidewalk....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

"" The Old Testiment laws was for the Jews the New Testiment is for the gentiles-mankind. ""

So sorry old chap, but that is a common misconception. [ the jews don't refer directly to the OT for their teachings, it has to be filtered thru the talmud first, which changes it and invalidates it ] That OT has meaning for the Christians, you just haven't seen it yet.

YHVH is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Prior to Him visiting us about 30 A.D in His ministry, He was communicating to His people thru the Priest and the Prophets as well as talking directly to some of them, like Abraham , He was the SAME CHRISTIAN GOD back then!

There is also a separation between the tribes Israel/Judah/jews are NOT the same at all, altho that hasn't stopped folks from lumping them all together for years.

See the Abrahamic covenenant by Capt and you'll see what I'm saying. Your head will be spinning for a while til you reorganize your thinking. I speak from experience.

I think the OP's prediction has a purpose, but I'm not sure exactly what it is, also, I don't think it's what he's expecting it to be.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by toasted]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by toasted]

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join