It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Survivalist Social Network/Dating Site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My results to a few online zombie survival quizes:

You were one of the few survivors. You shall be remembered for the rest of history. You are awesome.

A+ Congradulations, in the event of an outbreak your will most likely survive!

Ultimate Zombie Survivalist
You have watched every zombie movie out there and have studied them well. You know that to survive you must kill or be killed. Anyone in your party who has been bitten must die and you it. You will live on to be the last human on Earth. Way to go!

Do you have any idea how refreshing it is to know there are men out there that value that?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This sounds like a great way to meet like minded people. I think that a woman that is involved in some of the same activities as me is a huge plus. Iwould be interested in a service like this.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It would be nice to have a site that you could get to know each other.
Are all you ladies looking for a 6ft tall, 240lb. former military man that hunts, fishes and is active in physical activities even into his 30's?
Well we are out there and some are divorced and looking for a like minded person to spend time with.

I have been a long time lurker here and finally joined when I had seen this tread yesterday.

Well ladies you will have your hands full, I bet that 3/4 of the men on this site that are single will all be asking you for pictures.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
It would be nice to have a site that you could get to know each other.
Are all you ladies looking for a 6ft tall, 240lb. former military man that hunts, fishes and is active in physical activities even into his 30's?
Well we are out there and some are divorced and looking for a like minded person to spend time with.

I have been a long time lurker here and finally joined when I had seen this tread yesterday.

Well ladies you will have your hands full, I bet that 3/4 of the men on this site that are single will all be asking you for pictures.

Just had to respond, 'cuz the part I highlighted made me giggle. I was just on a rather...vehement...thread and I sure appreciate the laugh!
Now, where did I put that doggone cane (my walker is in the closet)

I wish you a lot of luck Saltdog,
~prep

....tin hut?? ain't no such thing as a Tin Hut in the Army, soldier! Drop and push till I get tired!" DS Mars spring, 1987

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I am not saying that 30-40 is old it is just that there are alot of younger people on some of these site. Besides a lot of guys are not fit. I do not have six pack abs, however I do not have a gut that hides my feet eather.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think honestly from what I've seen this site has for the most part a higher age range distribution than a lot of places out there. Sure I've seen a few younger posters here, but most people here seem a little older.. I'm in my 30s too after all.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by preparanoid

WOW...ARE THOSE REALLY YOUR CUPBOARDS?!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by saralee

I think Im in love already. I dream of finding a girl who's into conspiracies, survival, cargo pants, and the occasional trip to the range. Although I know their few and far between I still have high hopes. I think I have to get out of the city for starters. Every time I date a girl I try to ease them into my life style, I start by taking them to a shooting range, which usually goes well But it all goes fubar when I mention I store food and water. If there's a guy who's found a cool girl who's into the same stuff your one lucky dude. By the way im 25, white male, fit, lol.

lol You should see the looks girls round here give you if you say you don't even own a mobile phone,probably close to the face they would pull if you told them you're a serial killer.But yes,would be nice to find someone who's life didn't revolve around celebrities,mobile phones,hair straighteners and fashion...
As for a survival dating site,probably a good niche...already a bazillion other sorts of dating sites.I find them a tad strange though.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Well, I'm happy to hear that the women on here are not teenagers.

I am curious to know if any of you are looking for a guy that is middle of the road as in not a hunk but not bad to look at eather....also curious to know what you women are looking for honestly in a man.....?

I'm from the country,lived all over when I was in the military, east, west coast and originaly from the heartland.

How many of you ladies like to go hunting, fishing, camping, or boating out there?.....do you clean your own fish and skin and gut your own deer?

I understand that ladies like to look nice and that is nice to see ...however do you always have to have your make-up on and hair perfect before you will go out into public, say to the grocery store?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"Is that your Swiss Army Knife, or are you just happy to see me?"

I think the idea of a survivalist networking/dating site is a great idea. As others have mentioned, there are a ton of niche dating sites out there already... so having a survivalist site is not that far fetched. Hopefully such a site would be inviting to everyone from the person who is just getting started in the community (novice) to the guy who has been wearing tinfoil hats since the 60's.

Personally, I'm a 28 year old man who is only beginning his adventure in self sustenance. Finding a like-minded woman who is interested in learning and exploring would make things infinitely better. Even finding a girl that isn't a novice and could teach me a thing or two would be great. Anyway, I hope someone here has the means and motivation to put something like this together. In the meantime, if there are any young ladies in the South Jersey area who are interested in a really nice guy to spend Armageddon with, then feel free to PM me!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute and saltdog

Hiyall,
I wanted to apologize if my post seemed at all critical. I was really just being very silly while referencing my own age. One of the reasons I love ATS so much is because of the age diversity!=)
This is my first forum/bbs, I used to be a 'chat'aholic. I will try to pay more attention to the way my posts might sound to someone else. Learning every day! (Another thing I like about being here.)

@chill
Hey Lady!
The cans are mine, the taller ones are the type I have but a stock photo. =) Maybe I should put that on the description so noone will think I'm flying false? Mine are filled up like that but not nearly as neatly! Too embarrassing to post. *grin*

@Solomons
My sister lives in the bay area. She has similar reactions every time she sees my $15 pre-paid phone for emergencies! Why, it doesn't even have a camera! EEeeek! LOL!
If I dated, I think I'd be with you in finding dating site TOO strange, but I -am- preparanoid that way and I know it! =)

@saltdog
Went fishing yesterday with my son, was free kids day at one of our state parks. we had a blast, though the crowds kind of boggled me. A lot of our ladies here in the survival forum like doing those things you listed. Good Luck! We are out here.

@rasputin13
Welcome to the world of self-sufficiency! It's really a great way of life, at least for me. It has helped me simplify and to be a lot more stress free. I wish you luck in your search. also. Gotta admit though, that whole 'Jersey' thing.. as a survival type, is kind of scary. The east coast is so crowded, so many large cities. But where there is a will there is always a way to be more prepared. =)

Have a great day, yall!
~prep

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Great, now all we have to do is find the right one. lol

I just want to meet someone(female) that is interested in some of the things that I'm interested in...I do the things that I like to do however this little thing called a job makes it tough sometimes.

Just curious of where the women are? east? west? central usa? Alot of the guys are wondering what area you all are from.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, I have the main site up and running. It is pretty blank at the moment, but the system is up and ready to accept users and groups. I have tons of articles to write and a lot of work to do, but if you are interested in joining, send me a UTU and you can see what it is thus far. Otherwise you should start seeing it on google searches in about 2-3 months.

Thanks,
xmad

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Well I'm not most women and so what I want in a guy probably doesn't apply to most women. My age range is 30-45 give or take a few years. Height build or looks don't matter much to me as long as you are fit enough to do some hiking. My biggest thing is I am quite old fashion. I want my man to be a man. I've been in a relationship were I wore the pants, and ended up hating him for being such a sissy city boy. Yea, I am the girl who liberal femminists hate. Just because I can do my own plumbing, fix the dishwasher and change my own oil (depending on the car) doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a man to do it. what most men don't get about me is that to me having a man who can go out and catch dinner means more to me than a night at a fancy restaurant and diamonds and credit cards leave my heart cold, but a good knife or a crossbow and a man to teach me how to use it, (never had the chance but its been a life long dream) now that says love.
But like I said, I'm not most women. I can gut a fish, some of my best memories involve boating and rafting, never gutted a deer but I wouldn't shy away from it given the chance, although I have heard that if you get a gut shot it can really stink.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by saltdog

Well I'm not most women and so what I want in a guy probably doesn't apply to most women. My age range is 30-45 give or take a few years. Height build or looks don't matter much to me as long as you are fit enough to do some hiking. My biggest thing is I am quite old fashion. I want my man to be a man. I've been in a relationship were I wore the pants, and ended up hating him for being such a sissy city boy. Yea, I am the girl who liberal femminists hate. Just because I can do my own plumbing, fix the dishwasher and change my own oil (depending on the car) doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a man to do it. what most men don't get about me is that to me having a man who can go out and catch dinner means more to me than a night at a fancy restaurant and diamonds and credit cards leave my heart cold, but a good knife or a crossbow and a man to teach me how to use it, (never had the chance but its been a life long dream) now that says love.
But like I said, I'm not most women. I can gut a fish, some of my best memories involve boating and rafting, never gutted a deer but I wouldn't shy away from it given the chance, although I have heard that if you get a gut shot it can really stink.

What she said! =)
Except add about 10 years to the bottom range of the age thing, and remove the top end cut off. Oh, and I don't want a guy to take me out to dinner. One who could -cook- dinner once in a while would be pretty awesome, though. Must have the strength to help me hang sheetrock! LoL! Oh, and be really good at sharpening knives, I'm not the best at it. While ya do that, I'll clean the guns. =)

@calstorm
Have you checked your state's conservation dept? Ours has classes in bow hunting, bow making, cleaning your kill, on the wing hunting. Many of them are free or you just need to bring supplies. There are even "wimmen's weekends" if that sorta thing would help. (Although somehow I'm doubting it would for you, wouldn't for me!)
I love the plumbing bit, btw. I just finished redoing my bathroom plumbing this spring. I don't know about you, but I feel sorry for those poor feminist types. Ladies like you and me? We are the ones who have it all.
god bless,
~prep

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Might be worth looking into even if it just for the fun of it. Although being in California... I swear this place is a sand trap, if I could just make enough money to get out, but with low pay and high cost of living, and with the housing crisis, the value of my home is half of what it was when I bought it.
Sorry to get off topic. Its nice to know I'm not alone. You are definitely a girl after my own heart.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm in cali too and I know what you mean.. there are a lot of really vapid people here..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

I couldn't agree more. I lived there for 5 years. My sister lives there now. It's kinda strange about my sister. She can absolutely be the country girl she was raised to be (at least I think she still can), but she has adopted the Cali veneer. Manicures, pedicures, hair, tanning... "Oh my Gawd you only have a pre-paid cell? It doesn't even have a camera!"
We will get her back though. =)
If nothing else the economy there will bring her home. In her defense, she stays now (I believe) because of how affordable college is there if you are a resident. But she will have her degree soon. I don't know how yall make it living there, especially if you have the preparedness mindset. Maybe up north... I lived in Humboldt County for a while. I can see doing the survival thing there more than elsewhere in Kali.
Just rambling,
~prep

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Two survivalist girls in cali and I don't get the cake dammit.

Humboldt is where I wanted to go for a long while. Just sucks cause I have a $300 bill every month. Can't go to college and disappear ya know. Anyways I'm looking to get out of california myself. I'm signed up with national guard, switching to fulltime after AIT. Hopefully have enough cash by then to move wherever I feel like. Especially if I pay off stupid bills first.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by furzball
Two survivalist girls in cali and I don't get the cake dammit.

Humboldt is where I wanted to go for a long while. Just sucks cause I have a $300 bill every month. Can't go to college and disappear ya know. Anyways I'm looking to get out of california myself. I'm signed up with national guard, switching to fulltime after AIT. Hopefully have enough cash by then to move wherever I feel like. Especially if I pay off stupid bills first.

LoL!
Funny.... except now I have "If I knew you were coming I'da baked a cake" stuck in my head at 3am! =) Of course, you weren't even referring to me as I'm not there anymore, but to inanna and cal. Still, the song is stuck there. LoL!
gb,
~prep

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join