It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Survivalist Social Network/Dating Site

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Does anyone know if one exists? Would people be interested if one was made. This idea popped into my had after seeing an ad for geek 2 geek .com

Think about it, we can network, set up trade routes, find our life partner, etc.

Anyways if someone has information on an already existing site or is interested in making one, pop in and have a chat here.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Young sophisticated survivalist looking for same:

I like Kukuri knives long range rifles and nighttime reconnisance. Ghilli suits are a plus.

Please send picture of your bunker.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Advertsing here on ATS? The post seems like advertsing to me, geek 2 geek.com? This is a site I wont go to, and you seem to have joined ATS just 4 days back

[edit on 13-8-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I like this idea, seems like there are alot of people on ATS talking about a life after the SHTF.Most of it seems largely romantic to me , alot of talk about the skills you would need , bartering, growing your own food etc. that's nice and all but if it happens ,the first month or so after will be ...KAOS.
If the SHTF it's going to be a friggin zoo eat or be eaten right of the hop.If you don't have a well thought out plan in advance of a complete melt down of society as we know it today it will be to late to adlib..
I have lived in the bush and it's not all sunny days , and living of the fat of the land most places aren't so fat ,you have to have a plan to wait out the worst of it and if you live anywhere north of virginia you better hope the worst of it is in the spring.

A site for folks that really want to not only survive but live some kind meaningful life in the aftermath of whatever is comming down the pike, would be an excellent idea let me know if you find one , because the only way to get through it is going to rely on numbers, if your in the wilderness on your own better buckle up .
It would be a cool to have a site devoted to bringing like minded people together before the grid goes down .

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think it would be great. I have actually looked for such a thing in the past but found nothing. Its hard being single and planning alone as a woman, even stating interesting news to a man at this point I just get the dear in the head light look.
I am not ugly I am actualluy cute at least thats what I am told. I get asked out but do not go because they will not understand the lifestyle. Its like being a christian you can date a non christian(even though it states not to) but when it comes down to it whats the point. They wont understand. Its a waste of time. I would not even mind a local friendship.
Great idea..

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Young sophisticated survivalist looking for same:

I like Kukuri knives long range rifles and nighttime reconnisance. Ghilli suits are a plus.

Please send picture of your bunker.

LOL Love it!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I was giving an example of a dating site that is genre related. Plus it was part of the story of where I got the idea from. Did I say,"Go check out this site and register!!!"....No I don't think so. So, before your panties are in a bundle figure out that it is not an ad but an example.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by frostback

Exactly, just imagine the dating potential in the aftermath. I shudder alittle. But dude, great description and brings up the reasons to better light then I did in my first post.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saralee

I think Im in love already. I dream of finding a girl who's into conspiracies, survival, cargo pants, and the occasional trip to the range. Although I know their few and far between I still have high hopes. I think I have to get out of the city for starters. Every time I date a girl I try to ease them into my life style, I start by taking them to a shooting range, which usually goes well But it all goes fubar when I mention I store food and water. If there's a guy who's found a cool girl who's into the same stuff your one lucky dude. By the way im 25, white male, fit, lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by saralee

I think Im in love already. I dream of finding a girl who's into conspiracies, survival, cargo pants, and the occasional trip to the range. Although I know their few and far between I still have high hopes. I think I have to get out of the city for starters. Every time I date a girl I try to ease them into my life style, I start by taking them to a shooting range, which usually goes well But it all goes fubar when I mention I store food and water. If there's a guy who's found a cool girl who's into the same stuff your one lucky dude. By the way im 25, white male, fit, lol.

Bro! This is the greatest post ever! I have the same problem, lol.

The part about going to the shooting range made me lose it

The thing is, and I'm sure you'll agree, I no longer can handle the idiotic chic who is absolutely oblivious to everything......You know, the one's that think it's cool to support Obama (we'll used too), and twitter and facebook like it's going out of style.

I would kill for a good old country girl who's not afraid to shoot my AR15 and knows about the mayan calendar. That's what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by furzball

I was giving an example of a dating site that is genre related. Plus it was part of the story of where I got the idea from. Did I say,"Go check out this site and register!!!"....No I don't think so. So, before your panties are in a bundle figure out that it is not an ad but an example.

This is a smart way of advertising and the advertisers use such 'examples' to send visitors to their websites.

If you wanted to mention genres then a website name is not necessary

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97efdcca1311.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/609db76360ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46acfbf3d2f9.jpg[/atsimg]

LOL! Had to be done!
gb,
~prep

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well, I'll keep that in mind for the future. Non the less, I'm not an advertiser. Thanks for pointing it out to me. What suggestions do you have so that next time I want to make references I dont look like I'm advertising.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i would love to meet likeminded groups and PEOPLE, but not sure about pairing up on purpose, unless it happens by accident, lol...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What suggestions do you have so that next time I want to make references I dont look like I'm advertising.

There must be some terms and conditions on ATS and you must look up on them. The content in your OP is very similar to the spam emails that we receive.

This is to not to say that you WERE advertising, maybe you were not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

I know what your talking about. I have meet so many girls who all their concerned about is following the current trend, I knew this one girl who was on the obama band wagon, she wore shirts with him, and always talked about him saying "obama is so cool" obama is for change" I just love obama" But when I asked her about his politics she couldn't tell me one thing about the man. Other girls down here wont date you if you don't have an iphone. Im tired of the city (Los Angeles) I cant stand the girls out here, I need to find myself a nice southern girl, they are the best, second to none. I have tried to explain to women about possible SHTF situations and the most common reply is "that will never happen" or "when was the last time that happened" I mean... I need a girl with some kind of independence. Anyways bro best of luck to us in our endeavor's of finding the perfect female.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I'll look it up, but I wasn't advertising G2G, I was trying to pep up the idea of a survivalist social network, that's why I mentioned trade routes (Because I don't think money will last long, things will go back to trading)

What I need to find out is if there are any good developers/programmers that would want to start up the project.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

What I need to find out is if there are any good developers/programmers that would want to start up the project.

There are many programmers that you would find for developing the site. I myself own a website for students who want to do MBA in the US. Send me a u2u and I will help you with your project

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
SWF Looking for a man who will protect me as vehemently as their food and water supply in a TEOTWAWKI situation. Likes hiking, fishing and discussing government conspiracies. An ideal first date would be at a shooting range and if you're lucky you can take me home and show me your food supply.
Understanding that they really are out to get us, is a requirement.
Turn offs include the 4 B's, BMW's, Blue Tooth's briefcases and Blackberries.

See guys we really are out there. Trust me, trying to find a "good 'ole southern boy" here in Cali ain't easy either.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It would be wonderful have an off-the-grid living match-up website. There could be categories for people who are already in that lifestyle, preparing, urban survival types, etc. Or just people who want to start a commune or militia.
I would love to meet a guy who is also preparing & we merge our resources & continue the process together. I mean, I can build a cabin in the Northwoods by myself, but it'd be a lot more fun with a tall manly man around!

There are personal ads in magazines like Backwoods Home & Mother Earth News.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join