It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Obama's Healthcare Reform... IS This TRUE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Please see
rense.com...

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if what the guy is saying is true or not?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if anyone actually believes that this reform will bring about the early deaths of seniors or anyone else, then whoever believes that is either extremely gullable, sadly ignorant or simply stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread regarding all those claims. They are not false, but there was a lot of debate about a few of the points.

The problem with this bill is its ambiguity, and its sheer unnecessary size!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
the section of the bill stating they have the right to dictate to parents how to raise their kids and to monitor their children's activities and such is disturbing.

there is a lot of hidden stuff in this bill that is insane. Also cutting medicare and disability has me worried since I'm disabled.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Please see
rense.com...

I just posted this , no one seems to wanna know !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have read in many of the threads that are devoted to either side of the "health insurance reform", (as they call it now) that these types of writs are largely ambiguous, left up to interpretation by those who care to do so...
Let me straighten out one thing for you; Healthcare is limited, and always will be.
How can this be, you might ask? There are limited resources that exist in this country, whether they be man hours, or radioactive isotopes... (yep, shortage on those right now too)
As a user of the VA healthcare system, I can tell you that all of these warnings that have been given about care are ABOSOLUTELY true.
I have had a tumor on my liver, discovered last November, and being biopsied AUGUST 20th!!!!!
There WILL be people asked to wait, in pain, for a surgery. There will be elderly people removed from surgery lists, and "special needs" children taken out of care. Why? Because there will never be enough to go around.

I am beginning to think that those who support this kind of system don't really care about that fact, as they only want to be able to control you...

Do you really think that a person will agree to pay for your health care, and then stand by while you eat what you want, smoke what you want, or participate in dangerous activities?
Since the obvious answer is "no", then there will be controls placed on what we do.
Since you can't control what people do at home, they will want access.
Since they can't control what you might buy, they will corner the stores, and also your bank statements.
These are not worst case scenarios, they are the reality of making the choice to allow your neighbor to be your keeper.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
the section of the bill stating they have the right to dictate to parents how to raise their kids and to monitor their children's activities and such is disturbing.

there is a lot of hidden stuff in this bill that is insane. Also cutting medicare and disability has me worried since I'm disabled.

Clearly, the entire ObamaCare Bill needs to be thrown in the fire place.
Start over from scratch. Get rid of the Cap and Con trade bill also.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am just starting to wade into this whole mess. It certainly is quite a lot to digest.

I do have a very basic question though and I'm not defending this proposal just trying to sort it all out.

I know for instance that if you smoke my insurance company charges you a higher rate. I also know that my wife was just rejected for brand name medication that she has been taking for years and was forced to use a generic that does not work as well as the previous one that she was using. My daughter was also denied treatment for a condition that her doctor recommended. I have also been denied coverage under the "previously existing" clause.

My question I guess is, don't a lot of these things already exist under my current health care??

[edit on 12-8-2009 by lellomackin]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

You are correct, and that is why this Healtcare Bill is poorly written.

It provides no advantage over our current private system, but it does provide avenues to do away with the private system and put everything in the governments hands.

It will still be able to exclude coverage, but you will be paying for it anyway!! At least right now, I can choose to not buy the insurance that won't cover me!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Please see
rense.com...

You can answer the question for yourself by searching through the bill itself. The Rense article provides the precise location of the alleged restrictions; in the time it would take to receive an adequate answer from the ATS community, you can locate the information for yourself. As any contextual reading demands, try to read the preceding portion of the bill to gain a clear understanding of what a particular section is really saying.

We will see a reduction of reactionary threads on ATS when Americans learn to read the text of the bills they criticise. As with the "government intervention in the raising of our children", "death panels", "mandatory abortions", and sundry claims, the panic would rarely ensue if the public would simply read the text. Instead, many would rather incessantly bleat until someone steps forward to (belatedly) correct them. I commend you for questioning instead of jumping ahead with a now-typical "Oh my God, you have to see this!" thread, but I advise you to go one step further by seeking the information for yourself rather than relying on the filtered information provided by other people.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

join