It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Norris: Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare = Home visits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare is about the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development.

It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."

Are you kidding me?! With whose parental principles and values? Their own? Certain experts'? From what field and theory of childhood development? As if there are one-size-fits-all parenting techniques! Do we really believe they would contextualize and personalize every form of parenting in their education, or would they merely universally indoctrinate with their own?

Are we to assume the state's mediators would understand every parent's social or religious core values on parenting? Or would they teach some secular-progressive and religiously neutered version of parental values and wisdom? And if they were to consult and coach those who expect babies, would they ever decide circumstances to be not beneficial for the children and encourage abortions?

One government rebuttal is that this program would be "voluntary." Is that right? Does that imply that this agency would just sit back passively until some parent needing parenting skills said, "I don't think I'll call my parents, priest or friends or read a plethora of books, but I'll go down to the local government offices"? To the contrary, the bill points to specific targeted groups and problems, on Page 840: The state "shall identify and prioritize serving communities that are in high need of such services, especially communities with a high proportion of low-income families."

Are we further to conclude by those words that low-income families know less about parenting? Are middle- and upper-class parents really better parents? Less neglectful of their children? Less needful of parental help and training? Is this "prioritized" training not a biased, discriminatory and even prejudicial stereotype and generalization that has no place in federal government, law or practice?

Bottom line: Is all this what you want or expect in a universal health care bill being rushed through Congress? Do you want government agents coming into your home and telling you how to parent your children? When did government health care turn into government child care?

townhall.com...

Another dirty little gem in the health bill, home visits that usurp parental rights.
Wow, will the surprises ever end?

Do you see why it is important to read all legislation before passing it into law?

Chuck Norris hit it on the head, this is bad very bad.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Chuck Norris didn't hit it on the head, he caused it to un-exisist. I feel stronger now that I read something written by him, my eyes burn a bit though.

But, seriously, he's right.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Home visits by a federal govt. representative. How convenient. I would strongly suspect that while they are gushing with rhetoric that they are also taking a visual assessment of your home. Next comes the "safety" questions... Do you have any firearms? How many? Where are they stored? How are they secured?... Oh! Mr. Smith that is a nice deer mount above your fireplace, do you hunt? .....

Of course all of your responses to these gateway questions will be kept "on file" for future reference of course.

We don't need govt in our homes period. Granted there are some programs that are beneficial. Some current programs aid in early identification of developmental or physical disabilities that can lead to early treatment or therapy. I suspect that these programs will change under a new master plan.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have to disagree. I hate our govt as much as the next red blooded American but, something has to be done. There are so many people out there reproducing who are more dangerous than a retard with a Yo-Yo.

I am almost of the mindset that you should have to get a licence before having a child. Why not? You have to have one for every other damned thing in this country.

I can't even go fishing without a licence. Forget driving a car or owning a buisness. But any redneck,stump jumpin,backwoods,Jethro,riflerack havin, NRA belongin' to,pick-up truck drivin', outhouse usin' white trash, toothless hillbilly can reproduce untill the good lord says it's time to stop.

Well, I'm saying it's time to stop. We either need forced sterilizations or forced education.

I'm all for it.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

JHC, I'm sorry but every time I see a response like, "I hate the government but on this one thing we need to give up some more rights and let them intrude into our lives even more ...", I see a sheeple response.

Step back and look at the bigger picture. Our rights are under assault from many directions, and every time the government convinces someone such as yourself that "this time it's OK" they win a battle and get closer to winning the war.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
I have to disagree. I hate our govt as much as the next red blooded American but, something has to be done...

Maybe something has to be done, how bout get the government out of education? In fact, government run education is such a success, won't you be glad when those types are in charge of your health care too?

Something has to be done? So call the gov't? What's the matter with you? They are the CAUSE of the mess! Do not count them to FIX it!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I have to disagree. I hate our govt as much as the next red blooded American but, something has to be done. There are so many people out there reproducing who are more dangerous than a retard with a Yo-Yo.

I am almost of the mindset that you should have to get a licence before having a child. Why not? You have to have one for every other damned thing in this country.

I can't even go fishing without a licence. Forget driving a car or owning a buisness. But any redneck,stump jumpin,backwoods,Jethro,riflerack havin, NRA belongin' to,pick-up truck drivin', outhouse usin' white trash, toothless hillbilly can reproduce untill the good lord says it's time to stop.

Well, I'm saying it's time to stop. We either need forced sterilizations or forced education.

I'm all for it.

LOL

You hate the government, but you are for them to intrude even further into our lives.

I would take the word over one of those rednecks you described over yours. Atleast they aren't hypocritical idiots.

Maybe people without common sense, like yourself, should not be able to reproduce. People without an education can still function in the world. If you don't have common sense then you just drag everyone down.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I agree with you all but as I said....."Something has to be done"!!!!!
I don't see this problem going away on its own.SOME People will not make good choices unless you make them. It is ok to be a mental midget as long as it doesn't effect the life and development of the most innocent amoung us.

It is why we collectivley are in the position we are in right now.
I will say it again.

Some people WILL NOT make good choices unless they are FORCED to.

Who's to say what a good choice is Jesus?

Society! As a whole we all colectively set the paramiters for what we will consider "the norm". "Good" "Bad" "Evil" etc.
I for one want to stop MOST of the people in this country from spreading their cancer over the entire globe.

Don't get me wrong, the kids are not the cancer I am referring to. It is their mentality and the example they set for their children that lives on and on and on and on and on..................THAT is the true cancer.

Ok I am done with my Hitleresqe rant.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm all for it.

Classy statement. I suggest that you be the first in line for your sterilization. I wouldn't want your mindset to be passed on to your offspring.

I will guarantee that you are greatly outnumbered by the variety of people that you have just insulted.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I guess you got me there. That was a great comeback and I suppose it is now my turn to come back with an even more clever remark.

Leave the personal insults on the schoolyard children. I will not stoop to this level.It is getting too personal. When I make derrogatory remarks I don't focus them on A particular person or member.It seems to be touching a nerve or hitting too close to home so before this turns into a never ending insult slinging contest I will gracefully bow out. Have fun kids.

BTW, S&F because I feel this is important information.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Warrenb, great post. Chuck Norris is a genuinely good person. He's exactly right. We don't need more gov't officials, with worse reasoning, making house calls.

So basically, I agree with alot of what you said. Esecially the forced sterilizations. There are tons of people that shouldn't be allowed reproduce.

But...this is America. Not China. We are allowed to have as many children as we want. If the gov't decides to change this, we might as well stop arguing and give-in to their agenda of a neo-communism country.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

I guess you got me there. That was a great comeback and I suppose it is now my turn to come back with an even more clever remark.

Leave the personal insults on the schoolyard children. I will not stoop to this level.It is getting too personal. When I make derrogatory remarks I don't focus them on A particular person or member.It seems to be touching a nerve or hitting too close to home so before this turns into a never ending insult slinging contest I will gracefully bow out. Have fun kids.

BTW, S&F because I feel this is important information.

Pot calls kettle black. When you make blanket insults like you so blatently did , you don't know who your audience is. You insulted me because I fall into some of your categories. So do my friends, family and fellow ATS members. In your childlike eyes we should be sterilized. I belong to the NRA, I shoot, I hunt, I have all of my teeth, I use outhouses from time to time, I am a college graduate and I own my own business.

Nice attempt at deflecting your misinformed statements. Still waiting for your self described clever remark.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've starred Jesus all the way through

The impression gained from this paranoid ranting about nationalised health care exposes what is 'childlike' about America. Not all Americans, thank God, but a lot of those we're hearing in here. The 'gimme, gimme, gimme' mentality. The 'I WANT ' mentality. The tantrums. The childlike egos. The insistence that no-one should tell them 'what to do'.

Americans want to breed when they want, as often as they want, as long as they want, with whom they want.

Sure. Fine. But then you listen to dead-beat dads and their festering hatred of the mother of their children. They hate her because the government requires those deadbeat dads to support their own children. And the dead beats don't want to. They believe the State or the mother or neighbours or aliens should support their children .. anyone but themselves. And you hear the most ludicrous excuses for their refusal to support their own children: ' I'm not gonna give a cent to that biatch. I'd ruther die or go to jail or work on the sly than give that biatch a cent.'

You explain to them that the money feeds, clothes and houses their children. But the deadbeats won't have it. Oh no. They hate being forced to support their own kids because they HATE having to part with a cent. That's it. Full stop. And they expect a woman (who had a life and career ahead of her UNTIL she had their kids for them) to do double-shifts and play the Mom AND Dad roles, AND go to work AND maintain the house for the next 20 years ... UNPAID. Yet Americans think they're an improvement on the misogynistic regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan

The deadbeat dads whine and say they 'would if they could' support their own kids, but they're broke, boo hoo. Yeah, so broke they can sit in the warmth and rant all day and night on a computer, eating pizza, sinking beers --- while their OWN flesh and blood are hungry, frightened, cold, rejected. But they SCREAM like old women when it's suggested the world (and their kids) would be a lot better off if they were sterilized.

It's the same right across the board. Americans want to drive stupid big cars instead of walking their stupid big backsides off. They WANT that gas ! They've ALWAYS had gas and they stamp their feet .. 'Give us gas ! Make it cheap ! ' Waaaahh, waaaaahhh.

Right across the board, all the time, whine, scream, foot stamping, tantrums, like a bunch of five year olds. They see shadows behind every door. They're still stuck in the 50s and see 'Commies' behind every door.
They're SO authoritarian, with their guns and invasions and phony wars. Yet they can't STAND it when someone makes a decision to organise the ridiculous 'health care' industry that Americans have been whining and complaining about for decades.

Let's face it, Americans love to whine, love to rant on with paranoid interpretations of molehills that they immediately turn into mountains.

They want the right to breed like mice, then can't stand the creatures they've put on the planet and attempt to zombie-fy them on computer games, fast food, camps, stuff, stuff, stuff.

Tell Americans it is their duty to produce ten kids per family, and they'd be in here and elsewhere complaining their heads off and insisting that no-one has the right to tell them to have children.

Americans .. rebels without a clue

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The way you presented your idea wasn't the best...lol...but I do agree on regulation of children being born. I don't care what anyone says, but having 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 kids and NOT having the resources to raise them ON YOUR OWN is WRONG!!!!!!! I or anyone else should NOT have to pay for the gross negligence of people. Our healthcare, schools, public funding, assistance programs, etc... are having tough times keeping up already.

Hell these days people CAN'T afford to keep themselves fed, clothed, or healthy, yet they will have kids KNOWING our government will hand them anything they need.

All you have to do is look around. Jobs, Money, Space, Resources, etc... are not as plentyful as they used to be...how much longer can we truly keep filling the boat up with water before it sinks?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

I wouldn't limit your argument to just the dads. There are PLENTY of scumbag mothers out there too who DO NOT deserve the child/children they have!!

But that is a whole different subject...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Yep. You're correct. And you're starred too, whether you want it or not

Now to the deadbeat mothers:

a few years ago the media revealed that a working prostitute who was a crack addict and diseased, had given birth to something like 13 children, ALL of whom had been placed in care.

At around the same time, the media revealed that a couple who supposedly 'took children into care' were in fact placing those children in CAGES in the back yard.

The couple in question attempted to justify their actions. They claimed that most of the children were born addicted to various drugs and were mentally and physically disabled, sometimes both.

No-one wanted those kids. And let's be honest .. who'd blame them ? What sort of life does a mentally and physically disable product of a diseased drug-addicted prostitute and some unknown John have ahead of them ? What sort of life do the carers of such children have ahead of them ? It's a 24/7 job. It's not pleasant. The kids never progress. Often they never develop even to the point of being able to have a conversation.

What happens to those kids when they're thrown out on their own? They become prey for sadists. They are raped, beaten, starved, rejected and live in holes in the ground, unable to defend themselves, their every moment a misery, on and on and on while we sit here nattering away online, a drink within reach, stocked larders a few steps away, warm baths when we like, etc. We have NO idea what it's like to be those kids for even five minutes and IF we did, we'd be in here wailing about our hideous 5 minute experience and taking meds and seeking counselling, blah blah.

Ok. Point is .. there are men online right now who FATHERED those kids. Men who wanted a cheap, dirty lay and paid filthy lucre to some crack head whore for a cheap few minutes up against a wall. The guy picks up a quart of milk on his way home and parks his nice car in his nice garage and his nice wife puts his dinner on the table, kiss kiss, I love you honey.

The whore moves onto the next John, the next lay, the next handful of coin, the next fix. All night. Every night. And nine months later, some poor bundle of flesh is born screaming its lungs out, already addicted, screaming for a fix. And it's fate was sealed nine months earlier because it will become just another unwanted bit of human debris .. no mother, no father, no history, no future. Meanwhile, it's half brothers and sisters go to college, have the big wedding and start breeding anew, totally unaware that the 'bum' they recoil from on the street when the 'bum' begs a few dollars from them --- is their own flesh and blood, denied.

So, this drug-addicted, diseased prostitute who'd given birth to 13 fatherless, drug-addicted, mentally and physically disabled children was WARNED by a judge that IF she fell pregnant again, she'd be put in jail.

The judge told this useless vagina for sale that the nation was ALREADY supporting 13 of her 'productions' .. children she'd tossed to the curb the moment they were born in order she could go back on the game unencumbered.

And the bleeding heart liberals set up a wailing like a bunch of coyotes. ' How DARE that judge tell a woman she may not become pregnant again ! " they screeched. " It's a woman's RIGHT to have children. It's HER business ! The State is trying to take away our RIGHTS ! That judge should be disbarred ! ' And it's the same bleeding heart liberals who prance around in the streets, protesting against abortion. And they are screaming now about what they WANT to believe they can see in the draft for the restructuring of the health care system.

BUT --- give them the chance to put their lives, time and energy where their mouths are by giving them one of the whore's disabled children ... and watch them run.

I think that whore's reproductive capacities should be surgically REMOVED, by force if necessary.

And I believe the FATHERS of the children she bore .. those Johns she serviced ... should next time get her and women like her to sign a CONTRACT before they unzip their pants. A contract requiring the whore to guarantee that she is on birth control. THEN the John should don at least ONE condom. That way, we can limit the number of unwanted babies who're farmed out to degenerates who put kids in cages in backyards.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is actually being done today. they sent my aunt a child specialist to find out why her kid hasnt spoken yet. he comes to her house every week to check his progress and has actually helped her get better parenting wise. Also While I like chuck I think people like him are just trying to find anything in the bill to criticize even when it's already been done for years.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

While I like chuck I think people like him are just trying to find anything in the bill to criticize even when it's already been done for years

'trying to find anything in the bill to criticize'

Yes. For a multitude of reasons.

And they're being fed reasons

by those who want to protect their market share and do NOT want things to change, thank you

and by others (or, maybe they're the same group, come to think of it) who are royally teed off with Obama (did he say something critical of Settlers recently)

and by others who regard politics in the same way they root for their team in sports and can't see past their nose and who're still furious Obama got in

As for Chuck Norris -- well, to describe him as anally retentive would be an understatement

plus .. he has a reputation as a 'good ole guy' to maintain and knows full well that his fan and income base expect something typically reactionary from him

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm all for it.

I take offense to your blatant racism and racial slurring.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm all for it.

brilliant use of the stereotype there, special emphasis on "white", maybe you need to visit a few neighborhoods and check a few statistics.........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join