It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Personal Story About Health and Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just a quick story I thought i'd share.

My father has kidney failure among other problems, and lately he's been feeling very sick.

He was coughing blood at times and his throat was so...... bad.
Bad throat is even worse when you are on Dialysis like he is.

The doctor gave him some pills to take and he's been feeling worse, but the doctor said just keep taking these pills it takes time to heal.

Then the other day I told my mother about Lemon Grass.
I told her about a while ago and she grew them in the backyard.
Apparently it's like the easiest thing to grow and sleeps through the winter(i think).

Anyhow, a few days ago I told her that you have to really beat up the leaves, like beat them with with the back of a spoon knife. I mean really beat it up, then leave it in some boiling water and then let it cool.

She did it and let it cool overnight.
Then in the morning she gave it to my father to drink
He drank half a cup of it, and he's been feeling better ever since and isn't using the pills any longer.

Please visit this thread
www.buzzle.com...

I am so angry and fed up of Big Pharma!!!!

There are soooo many natural remedies out there, just sooo many.
Imagine if all this money they spent on testing chemicals and other drugs, imagine if they used it with natural products.

Just imagine if it wasn't all about money.
Anyhow, just thought i'd share this.

Lemon Grass!!!!
Grow it in your backyard.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My neighbors from India grow it and drink it everyday. She told me that she never has pain, is never worn out and doesn't feel her age of almost 60. They are vegetarian, practice yoga twice a day and prepare their own food from the garden. I'm so lucky to have such knowledgeable and nice neighbors. She even gave me some of her lemongrass for my garden.

Until this thread I didn't know I had to pound the daylights out of it first.

As for your observations about pharma? I can't tell you how much I despise the whole industry, so I won't try.

But, using natural remedies can be as deadly as pharmaceuticals without the proper knowledge. People must realize that there is serious risk to do it yourself natural remedies. And the good news is, its isn't as hard to learn as you might think. Just be conscientious and study before you begin.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes you are very right, proper self-education is needed.
I absolutely agree!

Ya I am indian as well.
First time I tried Lemon Grass was in India
I drink tea everday, and then for the first time I had it with Lemon Grass while visiting family in India.

I loved it!!

Bought it as soon as I came back home, bought it in China Town
So easy to grow yourself
And it really adds a nice taste to Chai

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Its amazing how nature herself if the best healer afterall! Funny how humans go along in cycles. What was old is new and what is new was once old.

I'm so glad to hear that the lemongrass helped. My father died last year in ICU while being hooked up to dialysis.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

oh my condolences bro
i'm sorry to hear that

For my father it was Celebrex that gave him kidney failure
luckily dialysis is free here in Canada
He has the cycler

They just gave us new bags, with 1.5 glucose and 1.5 calcium
you gotta wrestle with the bags so they mix
my parents are elderly, they don't have much strenght to do this
and scheduling forces them to only do it while I am at work

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The mention of dialysis reminded me of an article I read recently about Bicarb of Soda

Science Daily

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe Celebrex/methotrexate was instrumental in destroying my dads kidneys. He was searching for relief from arthritis. I don't blame the pharmaceutical companies "Big Pharma" as you all call it as much as I blame the AMA for not recognizing natural remedies. It wasn't all that long ago that Medical Doctors or M.D.s didn't particularly recognize D.O.s aka Doctors of Osteopathy and called them chiropracters. Maybe with the new Health Care Reform more people will begin to be more knowledgeable about the medicinal properties of all those plants and roots.
It should certainly be better than getting on a waiting list for treatment. The doctors will just have to get a clue at some point or other, hopefully soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It is unfortunate for us all that the medical "profession" is so wrought with the influence of "Big Pharma" and the AMA is the reason. Can you remember when doctors prescribed and pharmacists (chemists) mixed? There were many natural remedies that were used in those "medicines" and they did ease the symtoms as well as help heal the ills. Today doctors have been reduced to prescribers.

The laws have been changing in favor of the drug culture. Even supplements are being attacked by unnecessary government intervention into the personal and private choices the citizens make every day. It's tough enough to get any food that has real nutritional value. Instead so many Americans rely on fast food and processed foods, which is mere sustainable and bulk with little real nutritional value. I would have to eat a bushel of corn to get the same value I got from an ear back when it was grown naturally and without all the chemicals used today.

I suffered a recent bout with kidney stones and used chamomile tea and a heating pad for pain management and then used apple cider vinegar (unfiltered) and extra virgin olive oi to help pass the stone.

Most natural remedies work quickly and do not cause further damage to our bodies. It's why they are suppressed from MSM on health news reports.

join