It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Catholic Bank has shares in birth control company!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seen this on BBC News website : news.bbc.co.uk...

A German Roman Catholic Bank have been buying stock shares worth hundreds of thousands in defence, tobacco and BIRTH CONTROL companies.

Der Spiegel newspaper discovered the bank had invested 580,000 euros in British arms company BAE Systems.
It also invested 160,000 euros in American birth control pill maker Wyeth and 870,000 euros in tobacco companies.

What shocked me was the fact the Roman Catholic Church owns Banks i never knew this before, and makes me wonder how many others do they own or control?
It just shows how much power acorss the world they have and investing in defence companies another worrying fact.

Clearly the Roman Catholic Church is more then a faith buts a worldwide political power, although for many of us this isnt something we didnt know already it just highlights again that their up to their necks in everything.

So much for Brith Control is a SIN and make peace not War!

[edit on 3-8-2009 by orangeman dave]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
interesting.

never heard of the church buying stocks before.

kinda funny to see which ones they think will bring the biggest gains....

edit: so much for going forth and being fruitful...

guns hurt people....
birth control make sure that more people arent born...
tobacco im pretty sure hurt people (i smoke)......

maybe we have a view that the church is placing its bets on a SHTF scenario where everyone starts getting pregnant randomly (ie swimming in a pool or sitting on a toilet seat), so everyone gets guns and kills the people having more kids, then they mass issue BC, and since everyone is so stressed, they buy smokes...

could happen....

Edit#2: looks like it was an accident at the head of the bank, and had nothing to do with the church itself though.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
S&F thank you for bringing this issue up.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
IMO - and I believe in Fact, the Catholic Church is the largest, richest and most diversified company in the World.
And it sickens me.

Just do some simple searches for info on the *worth* of the Catholic Church.
If you’ve a person with half a brain and half a heart it will sicken you too.

peace

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
IMO - and I believe in Fact, the Catholic Church is the largest, richest and most diversified company in the World.
And it sickens me.

Just do some simple searches for info on the *worth* of the Catholic Church.
If you’ve a person with half a brain and half a heart it will sicken you too.

peace

They are far and above the richest organization in the world. They make the Fortune 50 look like childs play. The amount of wealth owned or controlled by that church is truly mind boggling. This is why they have so much influence. It's not about religion and God or they wouldn't amass so much wealth and rent the land back to farmers that they purchased from said farmers for pennies on the dollar. Over and over throughout history this organization has continued to amass more and more wealth during some of the most difficult times. That's when they are at their best.

As for them being hypocrits, even if it was an 'accident' at the head of the bank, well, it wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

yeah i agree with your take on it wouldn't be the first time.

i think the term is plausible deniability.

why is god so broke that we need to give every dollar to them?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
They are far and above the richest organization in the world. They make the Fortune 50 look like childs play. The amount of wealth owned or controlled by that church is truly mind boggling. This is why they have so much influence. It's not about religion and God or they wouldn't amass so much wealth and rent the land back to farmers that they purchased from said farmers for pennies on the dollar. Over and over throughout history this organization has continued to amass more and more wealth during some of the most difficult times. That's when they are at their best.

Really? That's interesting. How much money do they have? How does it compare to other organizations of a similar size? What are their annual expenses?

Eric

top topics

join