It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Claim anything that you want, but right after the Sun's activity went to the lowest it has been in almost a century, we started having more extreme Cold weather events.

The Sun is what gives light, and heat, as well as other forms of radiation which are essential to life.

As far as we know the Sun constitutes 98.99% of all matter in the Solar System. I'll repeat...98.99% of all matter in the Solar System.... Any changes in the Sun, nomatter how small influences the weather and Climate on Earth.

There are many other factors that affect the weather, and Climate, but you can't debunk the fact that for the past three years, we have seen an increase in extreme cold events throughout the world, and this started happening at the same time that the Sun's activity went to the lowest in almost a century.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

The reason why the solar activity is at a minimum is because the sun goes thru cycles. And as far as I know it is well known that the sun is due for some major activity in the coming 3 years, mirroring the depth of inactivity we have now.

We are due for some major solar activity around 2012. The cycle duration is like a decade or so.

-rrr

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
...and the very natural cycles continue as corrupt Politicians and Scientists looking for funding try to scare people out of their money.

Business as usual. Poor, poor Mr. Gore if this trend continues. Even the MSM is now reporting he stands to make a billion or more from Cap and Trade. Poor guy
He will have to settle for the hundred million he has already made scaring people. He will have to calm himself with a tub of ice cream while flying around in his jet or at his shopping mall sized home while burning more electricity than 20 normal houses. My heart bleeds.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
Yup, when you paraphrase another person's arguments in incorrect terms you come up with ridiculous conclusions.

What he said is that global warming can cause cooling, not global cooling as you suggest. The cooling is localized to a region. But the warming is global, because it is average temperature over the whole globe, not local temperature in a specific place.

The world is full of situations that appear like contradictions to people who wish to oversimplify things.

-rrr

You are missing the point, and that is the fact that these hack job pseudo-scientists forming opinions from irrelevant means, are they themselves walking contradictions, and liars.

Also, if you had followed the entire AGW study from nearly 15 years ago onward, such as I have, you would have noticed the constant and progressing fluctuation amongst the politicized aspect of the theory. Stating that "Global Warming" will lead to "Global Cooling" in certain regions, in NO WAY fits into the original theory to begin with. They are simply re-crafting their words in the same manner which a professional politician does in covering their tracks, and altering their stance so as to appear always correct in the average persons minds.

[edit on 7-26-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Research requires lots of money. To get that money Scientists lie and Politicians lie. Seems pretty simple and yet so many just don't get it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
...and the very natural cycles continue as corrupt Politicians and Scientists looking for funding try to scare people out of their money.

Business as usual. Poor, poor Mr. Gore if this trend continues. Even the MSM is now reporting he stands to make a billion or more from Cap and Trade. Poor guy
He will have to settle for the hundred million he has already made scaring people. He will have to calm himself with a tub of ice cream while flying around in his jet or at his shopping mall sized home while burning more electricity than 20 normal houses. My heart bleeds.

So you are perfectly OK with Big Oil making record profits then? We're talking billions here. Helluva lobby too.
It depends on the propaganda you choose to listen to. I recommend that you seek sources outside the US to find out what's really going on.

I won't spoil the surprise.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

all the holes in the ozone

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wouldn't it be more profitable for an oil company to use its billions to begin looking into greener technology and transferring into it, so that they do not die when oil does and get good PR, thus more investing?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm not sure I see the correlation between that and scaring people with phony GW fears?

The oil companies percentage of profit is lower than most businesses on earth. Are they corrupt and do they manipulate things. Of course they do, but I again don't see that as relevant to this topic. Two wrongs don't make a right in my mind at least.

We all want a clean environment. Every one of us who is sane. We don't need to destroy the worlds economy even more than it already is to fix things though. Too mix the two together is just not honest.

Clean energy yes, Cap and Trade no. Sensible development of alternative energy yes. Lining the pockets of people like Gore through fear, no.

I will agree it is the money that drives both sides to be so dishonest that neither side should be given any credence. The environmental extremists are every bit as bad as big oil and just as big of liars.

As with most issues, there are far more than the phony two sides of the argument offered.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Of course it would be. It would cost huge sums of money though. If they don't have the profits that people complain about, how do they pay for it exactly is what I ask?

We need honest people running these companies and honest people in government regulating them to fix things. We the people can help fix it, but all we do is fight each other with the lies that both sides spew constantly.

As with so much, as long as they keep us at each others throats the powers that be can do as they wish. I don't for a moment believe people like Gore give a damn about the environment anymore than I believe the crooks running the big companies care. Same people, just different side of the fence.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think the OP's source is full of it!

I count 10 days over 85 for July in DC (not the 7 that the map OP shows).

But, there were 3 days at 85. If we could those, that's 13 days.

What about 84? Is that too cold to be considered summer? There were 4 days at 84. Brings the total to 17 days (84 and up).

Isn't that summer weather? It sounds like a nice summer to me.

Four of those days were in the 90s!

Sorry, but a few days in the 70s doesn't mean we get to be fearmongers.

Check it out for yourself.

weather.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was just up in the boundary waters up in the spear part of Minnesota and we had a night that was in the low thirties. We were very close to Canada but they shouldn't be like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

dieting does cause weight gain, and too much water causes your body to flush itself resulting in dehydration so yes it is the same reasoning.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Almost ZERO solar activity for 2 years will do this sort of thing. I've been trying to tell the global warming crew this for 3 decades, but they get their funding from the gov. If they change their position they have to seek another area of scientific study to get their funding again, and that scares them. They want to hang on to the paycheck they are getting.

yup...el nino is also back after several years, which should bring more rain to the west and less hurricanes to the east....the global warming monkeys have been howling over droughts in the west and worsening hurricanes in the east due to global warming for the past few years....HA!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

Almost ZERO solar activity for 2 years will do this sort of thing. I've been trying to tell the global warming crew this for 3 decades, but they get their funding from the gov. If they change their position they have to seek another area of scientific study to get their funding again, and that scares them. They want to hang on to the paycheck they are getting.

yup...el nino is also back after several years, which should bring more rain to the west and less hurricanes to the east....the global warming monkeys have been howling over droughts in the west and worsening hurricanes in the east due to global warming for the past few years....HA!

Somebody just recently mentioned to me there hasn't been a hurricane to develop yet over the Caribbean/Atlantic oceans?

I suppose I haven't been paying attention. Is this true? And, is it still early in hurricane season anyway?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I think some people are getting confused between "climate" and "weather". Record temps are weather outliers to the more significant climate statistics.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

Somebody just recently mentioned to me there hasn't been a hurricane to develop yet over the Caribbean/Atlantic oceans?

I suppose I haven't been paying attention. Is this true? And, is it still early in hurricane season anyway?

It is true. There have been a couple of depressions and one wave but nothing organized yet. The Atlantic season starts June 1 and ends November 30.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I commented about this weather and the lower than seemingly normal temperatures several days ago. I then received smirks and was ignored, again. Well thankfully there are others who seem to have eyes and ears, and use them!

What is the cause of the situation? I do not know and honestly have better use of my time, though it is quite apparent that this year especially this very moment is unique, though if you match it with the history of Earth I would bet a hand full of cheerios that there are distinct patterns and even matching overlays.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

So we could be in more trouble than we thought.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Dude, send some of that our way. It was 109 last week at my house in Tucson. SAVE US. Then again, nothing that unusual. Also, Juns must have been the coolest I remember in a long time. Only a handful of 100 + days. I do not buy global warming. I believe it's a money making ploy. I do believe in natural cycles. We need a costal rogue wave to wipe out half of LA or NY. Fresh start baby. We will have cold, then hot, then cold, then hot. Kinda like a woman.

Also, the monsoons have been the mildest I can remember in years. Spritzes and TONS of lightining. Barely any rain and when it has it has dumped mercilessly for 60 seconds and been gone.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Ragnarok691]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I live about 80 miles southwest of Atlanta. June around here was as hot as i can remember a June being. The past couple of weeks have had some of the most tolerable July days I can remember as well. You just can't beat highs under ninety (and some days only to 85!) in this corner of the US in July, with lows dipping into the low 60's and even high 50's in the evening.

I think the building el nino is probably the major contributor to this years weather, especially with no early season tropical systems in the Atlantic and Carribean.

I think that the poster mentioning the political biases of NOAA is on to something. That's some pretty interesting reading there and appropriately starred.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the cooler than normal temps where I'm at and hope they last through the summer. We could use a little more rain though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join