It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

www.accuweather.com

1,044 daily record low temperatures have been broken this month nationwide according to NCDC -- count record "low highs" and the number increases to 2,925, surely to pass 3,000 before the end of the month.

The period of July 17-20 was the worst, with over 1,600 stations breaking records. It's worth noting that these stats include all records across the nation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have published a few posts throughout this summer about my weather experiences visiting family in Chicago. I have been stunned about how odd the weather has been all summer long. It's no secret, winters are brutal in Chicago, but our summers tend to be BEAUTIFUL! Yeah, not so much this year. Chicago is yet to post a day above 85-degrees in the month of July.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86d93ee56241.jpg[/atsimg]

Thoughout the month of July (which isn't over yet) has seen daily temperatures off from their average temps. Thoughout the Northeast, Southeast, and Great Lakes region...not a single locality is showing temperatures above their average temps, they are all lower. In Penn, as low as -10 off their average mark. Temps are getting as low as 40- and 50-degrees in the morning too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a628516708d.gif[/atsimg]

The regional breakdown of nationwide records being recorded:
Nationwide: 966
Southeast (AL/GA/FL/NC/SC/VA): 248
Northeast (MD/DE/PA/NJ/NY/CT/RI/MA/NH/VT/ME): 193
www.accuweather.com.../mtweb/content/weathermatrix/archives/2009/07/1000_low_temp_records_set _this_july.asp

...Only Arizona, New Mexico and Texas have all stations reporting above normal.

The lowest temperatures of the month are also impressive, with 50s in every state and 40s in most, some 30s. Normally temperatures are peaking in July.
www.accuweather.com.../mtweb/content/weathermatrix/archives/2009/07/1000_low_temp_records_set _this_july.asp

www.accuweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah, I have also responded and posted some information about the temps this summer.

Here in Wyoming we keep having temps in the 40s-50s at night, and the most has beena round 83 or so, maybe one or two days with 85 to maybe 87 at the most.

Right now it is 8:30 AM and we have 65 Degrees. This is not normal for summer.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just posted on the "global warming" thread this
icecap.us...

Just FYI

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think we need to come up with a government program encouraging more carbon use so we can stop this extreme Global Cooling or we could end up in an iceage.

Set a level of carbon useage for businesses and if the business EXCEEDS the amount....give them a tax break!

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

When I went to H&R Block this year for my taxes, the woman asked if I had contributed anything last year.

I told her (proudly) that I had contributed to global warming.

she didn't laugh

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
climate change?
what climate change?

no but seriously how much more proof does anyone need that there are problems with our climate?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah I live in central FL on the east coast and last night it was 72 in the middle of the night. That is not normal. I actually had to take a double look at the temp. Usually its in the lower 80s at night here. I am not complaining, I love the cooler weather at night.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Almost ZERO solar activity for 2 years will do this sort of thing. I've been trying to tell the global warming crew this for 3 decades, but they get their funding from the gov. If they change their position they have to seek another area of scientific study to get their funding again, and that scares them. They want to hang on to the paycheck they are getting.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yeah I live in central FL on the east coast and last night it was 72 in the middle of the night. That is not normal. I actually had to take a double look at the temp. Usually its in the lower 80s at night here. I am not complaining, I love the cooler weather at night.

I think your Temp gauge is broke. It has been ridiculously hot on the west coast. The temp may not show it but dam the heat flat wears you out now. I went fishing Friday for the fourth time this week and I felt like a piece of fried chicken. I am in the best shape of my life, Except when I was young of-course. Something is cooking us over here.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I can tell you that our Summer here in Ohio has been more mild than any summer I can remember. I've barely even had to use the AC this year.

reply to post by warrenb

no but seriously how much more proof does anyone need that there are problems with our climate?

Our planet goes through non-stop climate changes. What makes now any different than the last few million years?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
I can tell you that our Summer here in Ohio has been more mild than any summer I can remember. I've barely even had to use the AC this year.

Tell me about it live a ways further south than that but the last 2 years was looking at a bill of 120-160 a month just due to the AC. In winter it's about a 20 buck charge on electricity.

This year I have yet to break 30 bucks on the bill.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think we need to come up with a government program encouraging more carbon use so we can stop this extreme Global Cooling or we could end up in an iceage.

Set a level of carbon useage for businesses and if the business EXCEEDS the amount....give them a tax break!

Well an ice age is the result of global warming. Global warming causes ice caps to melt.

Fresh water enters the system and decreases he ability of the Thermohaline Conveyor to equalize temperatures, thus causing a .... wait for it.... MAJOR COOLING!. Yep.. It's the pendulum... push it to far one direction it will swing back in a rapid manner.

I'm not making any claims on what has caused this, be it solar, man made whatever, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that we start to begin to understand it instead of acting like Hicks who think that cooling is contradictory to global warming...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here in Iowa we've been having quite a cool front, lately. In the mornings it's way chilly! 40 degrees at least, which is abnormal. Then it will get to maybe 60 or 70, but not any higher than that.

It was only last week that we had are first, and presumed only 90 degree day. This certainly isn't good for all the crops around here, I know that much. The corn isn't growing at all. Usually it's taller than me by this time of year (5'2"), but it's not even close in most parts.

Last year it was balls out hot, on top of all the flooding we had. Guess we have another harsh winter to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Soooo, let me get this straight. Gobal warming causes global cooling?

Isn't that like saying, "dieting causes weight gain?"

Or, "Water causes dehydration?"

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I reside in New Hampshire and the weather has been unusual , there has been lots of rain and low temps. Gardens are doing horribly as i could imagine farms as well.

Home construction/maintenance is slow as it is , never mind being hampered by all the rain.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Soooo, let me get this straight. Gobal warming causes global cooling?

Isn't that like saying, "dieting causes weight gain?"

Or, "Water causes dehydration?"

You got it.... it caused the Big Freeze in Europe.

Take some time and read about the Thermohaline Conveyor and the overall cooling effects that global warming causes when the Conveyor is impacted.

I'm not sure how you could compare weight gain to global warming, but I'm sure that's probably part of the reason you seem to think it's funny. Comparing apples to oranges always is.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It would be more accurate to say that global warming causes greater variations from the mean.

Most people misunderstand the effects of global warming to be a steady progessive rise in temperature. While it is true that global warming gradually increases the mean over time, the immediate local effect can be lower than normal temperatures. By local on a global scale, I mean a region like half of North America.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

We happen to be at the deepest solar minimum ever recorded. Check the link and look at the sun today: probably zero sunspots. Check the archives for any date going back two years and you will find the same thing: pretty much zero sunspots. I'm not sure what effect this is having on the weather, but it certainly must have something to do with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well, read those links. Interesting. What struck me though, was that every case illustrated was 5,000 to 12,000 years ago.

If we are entering another period like you described, then it is likely cyclic in nature and not man-made. Or where there John Deere tractors 10,000 years ago?

I do wish AL Gore was there 10,000 years ago, but that's just my humble opinion. . . .

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's currently 73F in Green Bay, WI. Our nights have been in the mid to upper 40s, and low 50s. It's been ridiculous.

Now tell me this. Over the last two or three years, we've been experiencing something I've never seen before. We can have a huge storm system move through, and the area of the system that should hit the city, splits. Yes, it splits. We can get half an inch of rain ten minutes north of Green Bay, and half an inch of rain ten minutes south of Green Bay, but only get a few drops in the city. It doesn't seem to matter what direction the system is coming from either. Why does this happen?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join